The new Motorola "Moto X" is powered by the new "X8" computing system. It consists of the quad core Qualcomm Adreno 320 GPU as well as the dual core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro CPU clocked @ 1.7ghz. In addition to these six cores, there are two additional used for the hands free aspect of this device. One being a natural language processing core, and the other contextual computing. This brings together a total of eight cores, hence the name "X8" computing system.

So, where do the benchmarks stand?

Surprisingly pretty good. Coming in at 18,929 in AnTuTu Benchmark, it's clearly no slouch. The new Nexus 7 sporting the same graphics processor and a Quad core variant of the S4 pro clocked at 1.5ghz came in at just over 20k. This goes to show you the level of software optimization in the new Moto X. So while it does have a slightly over-saturated Super AMOLED display @ 720x1780 (720p), it's 4.7 inch display does sit nice inside it's small bezels, and fits great in the hands. I do find the voice activated Google Now feature useful and gimmicky at the same time, and while some find it an invasion of privacy, it can be disabled. Although it's only listening for that key phrase, "Okay Google Now'", so no need to worry.

Overall this phone is being marketed towards the average consumer who doesn't necessarily care about having the latests and greatest processor, or a full HD display. They care more about the features. While having a full 1080p HD display on a 4.7inch device @ 468ppi is impressive, you sacrifice screen time as it drains the battery significantly faster than a 720p display of the same size. Again I generally don't like Super AMOLED displays, however due to it's ability to be able to activate individual pixels makes it's active notification feature that much more energy efficient. So while you sacrifice in some areas, you are rewarded with an outstanding battery life.

Personally, I think this is a fantastic phone. Would I trade my HTC One for it? Probably not, but I sure would love to get my hands on one!
    08-29-2013 05:19 PM
    Antutu

This review with much better and thorough benchmarks put the X ahead of the One and s4 in a lot of categories and right behind in all the others.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7235/moto-x-review/11

Posted via Android Central App
    08-29-2013 06:26 PM
    Antutu

This review with much better and thorough benchmarks put the X ahead of the One and s4 in a lot of categories and right behind in all the others.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7235/moto-x-review/11

Posted via Android Central App
    This wasnt supposed to be a review. Simply my findings and quick opinion. I've compared the two side by side. The sense and GPE of the one seem much snappier. I score around 24-25k in antutu with the one. Will post exact readings from both.

Sent from my HTC One
    08-29-2013 08:24 PM