Thinking of trading my S4 for the X, help

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
I recommend waiting, after going through three Windows HTC cell phones, (IF EVEN CONSIDERING WINDOWS PHONE GO WITH NOKIA, UNSURE WHAT OPTIONS ARE AVAILABLE NOW BUT THE NOKIA LUMIA 920 WAS AMAZING; A FRIEND GOT HER'S SAME DAY AS I GOT MY HTC, NOT ONE ISSUE WITH NOKIA) and one IPHONE, which I am completely against, due to APPLE; long story why I even attempted for one day, I am a die hard Microsoft customer and using ANDROID doesn't make me feel like I am cheating..lol.. I absolutely loved that cell, but I personally think the reason they kept malfunctioning was due to my house location; having to work much harder for signal. I loved the organization of the APPS, and the CAMERA WAS AMAZING IN ANY SITUATION; video had great quality, just not at night and no zoom once recording. I'm sure an app could fix that, only negative was the obvious, not that many apps to choose from, but the apps you do have to choose from through Windows, work great, and they will eventually expand the selection!
Since this was my first smartphone, I wanted to experiment with apps. Now that I am on the Android network, it's not all it's cracked up to be with all the app options; either most do not even function correctly or it's my cell. With the Windows cell phone, screen seemed much larger, and the needed apps were available with perfect functionality. With this Motorola Droid HD, there's just too many apps for the Android network, they never work as explained, and most good one's cost, then still do not work that well, after paying. The camera on my Moto Razr is same as my Windows, having the 8 mg, but IT IS HORRIBLE, SO FRUSTRATED ABOUT THIS!
The camera quality was always my number one concern, I like taking pictures, and got tired of carrying both cell & camera. Now I am back too what I went through so much to avoid. Believe I seen that another person wrote that the camera is good only in perfect lighting, but flash is delayed, causing blur with the smallest movement, app ad ons claim to fix this, but not found one yet. I somehow overlooked that you was interested in the Moto X, to be honest, there is so many Motorola's with only a letter difference in model, I get the letters mixed up, it could be the Moto X that I have. It is refurbished from all my HTC warranted trade-outs, so I have not completely figured out what I have (MODEL # XT907) I do know it's HD, 8 mg camera, and 16 gig, with max removable 32 gig SD card. My video stopped working today, which would have nothing to do with my network or location of my home.

Last thing, the BATTERY LIFE IS GREAT, EVEN WITH MY CELL CONSTANTLY SEARCHING FOR SIGNAL. However, so was my Windows phone, just depends on what you what, CAMERA IS NOT THAT GREAT COMPARED TO OTHER SMART PHONES, ANDROID NETWORK HAS PLENTY OF APP SELECTION, BUT NOW I REALIZE ALL THOSE APPS THAT BARELY FUNCTION CORRECTLY ARE ABSOLUTELY NOT THAT IMPORTANT FOR MYSELF. I PREFER A GREAT CAMERA, AND WOULD BE WILLING TO CARRY A PORTABLE CHARGER IF MY NEXT CELL WITH A GREAT CAMERA DRAINS THE BATTERY. In October, they are releasing this SUPER BATTERY for all new cell phones, read the press release awhile back. So if your going to be stuck in a two year contract, WAIT & FIGURE OUT WHAT'S IMPORTANT TO YOUR PERSONAL PREFERENCE! Hope this helps, and let me know what you decide on!:)
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

asanatheist

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I gave up my S4 and HTC One for the Moto X. Love the size, one of the only large screen phones easy to use with one hand. Blazing fast and has great battery life.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 4

This is so weird given that the Moto X is just a little bit smaller than the S4. Just a hair bit. Maybe 2mm from the top, maybe 1mm from sides.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
This is so weird given that the Moto X is just a little bit smaller than the S4. Just a hair bit. Maybe 2mm from the top, maybe 1mm from sides.

It is but its true. The size of the moto x is night and day different from the gs4 in my hand but pretty close on the spec sheet.

~ Sent from my Moto X ~

whtchdr

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Those few MMs make all the difference in the world. The X has basically the same footprint as the iPhone 5, but with a bigger screen.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
Those few MMs make all the difference in the world. The X has basically the same footprint as the iPhone 5, but with a bigger screen.

Well I don't know about that when comparing it to the iPhone 5. When I hold my iPhone 5 next to my moto X the iPhone 5 is considerably smaller and thinner. Without looking at spec sheets I would think the difference between the Moto X and the iPhone 5 is about the same as the Moto X and the Galaxy s4. But I no longer have my galaxy s4 on hand to compare it to.

~ Sent from my Moto X ~

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I recommend waiting, after going through three Windows HTC cell phones, (IF EVEN CONSIDERING WINDOWS PHONE GO WITH NOKIA, UNSURE WHAT OPTIONS ARE AVAILABLE NOW BUT THE NOKIA LUMIA 920 WAS AMAZING; A FRIEND GOT HER'S SAME DAY AS I GOT MY HTC, NOT ONE ISSUE WITH NOKIA) and one IPHONE, which I am completely against, due to APPLE; long story why I even attempted for one day, I am a die hard Microsoft customer and using ANDROID doesn't make me feel like I am cheating..lol.. I absolutely loved that cell, but I personally think the reason they kept malfunctioning was due to my house location; having to work much harder for signal. I loved the organization of the APPS, and the CAMERA WAS AMAZING IN ANY SITUATION; video had great quality, just not at night and no zoom once recording. I'm sure an app could fix that, only negative was the obvious, not that many apps to choose from, but the apps you do have to choose from through Windows, work great, and they will eventually expand the selection!
Since this was my first smartphone, I wanted to experiment with apps. Now that I am on the Android network, it's not all it's cracked up to be with all the app options; either most do not even function correctly or it's my cell. With the Windows cell phone, screen seemed much larger, and the needed apps were available with perfect functionality. With this Motorola Droid HD, there's just too many apps for the Android network, they never work as explained, and most good one's cost, then still do not work that well, after paying. The camera on my Moto Razr is same as my Windows, having the 8 mg, but IT IS HORRIBLE, SO FRUSTRATED ABOUT THIS!
The camera quality was always my number one concern, I like taking pictures, and got tired of carrying both cell & camera. Now I am back too what I went through so much to avoid. Believe I seen that another person wrote that the camera is good only in perfect lighting, but flash is delayed, causing blur with the smallest movement, app ad ons claim to fix this, but not found one yet. I somehow overlooked that you was interested in the Moto X, to be honest, there is so many Motorola's with only a letter difference in model, I get the letters mixed up, it could be the Moto X that I have. It is refurbished from all my HTC warranted trade-outs, so I have not completely figured out what I have (MODEL # XT907) I do know it's HD, 8 mg camera, and 16 gig, with max removable 32 gig SD card. My video stopped working today, which would have nothing to do with my network or location of my home.

Last thing, the BATTERY LIFE IS GREAT, EVEN WITH MY CELL CONSTANTLY SEARCHING FOR SIGNAL. However, so was my Windows phone, just depends on what you what, CAMERA IS NOT THAT GREAT COMPARED TO OTHER SMART PHONES, ANDROID NETWORK HAS PLENTY OF APP SELECTION, BUT NOW I REALIZE ALL THOSE APPS THAT BARELY FUNCTION CORRECTLY ARE ABSOLUTELY NOT THAT IMPORTANT FOR MYSELF. I PREFER A GREAT CAMERA, AND WOULD BE WILLING TO CARRY A PORTABLE CHARGER IF MY NEXT CELL WITH A GREAT CAMERA DRAINS THE BATTERY. In October, they are releasing this SUPER BATTERY for all new cell phones, read the press release awhile back. So if your going to be stuck in a two year contract, WAIT & FIGURE OUT WHAT'S IMPORTANT TO YOUR PERSONAL PREFERENCE! Hope this helps, and let me know what you decide on!:)
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

Not trying to offend you but the way you did this caps up and down case thing really messed with my eyes and made this difficult to read. I had to give up because my OCD was kicking in and I wanted to rewrite your whole post so I could make it readable but I don't have patience for that right now.

- - - Updated - - -

I am holding out for a Note 3 but this always on voice command without having to touch my phone is super tempting and very hard to resist.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Not trying to offend you but the way you did this caps up and down case thing really messed with my eyes and made this difficult to read. I had to give up because my OCD was kicking in and I wanted to rewrite your whole post so I could make it readable but I don't have patience for that right now.

- - - Updated - - -

I am holding out for a Note 3 but this always on voice command without having to touch my phone is super tempting and very hard to resist.

At least you tried. I saw that and ignored the post because of it.

Sent from my Xperia Z tab