Motorola Circles Widget

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I am a big fan of Motorolas Circle Widget and since the Moto X doesn't have the Circles widget I decided to try and download the apk files from the Razr M to my Bionic since I can not get the MotoX until Verizon starts to sell it. I wanted to see if it was downloadable to another device as I really like the widget and figured I would download it to the Moto X when I get it. Everything installed except the Homeconfig.apk. Error message "an existing package by the same name with a conflicting signature is already installed". I went into my widgets and tried to bring the circles widget to my home screen but when placed on the screen another error message came up and read "the circle widget is not supported on 3rd party home screens". I AM NOT ROOTED but not sure if you need to be. I would like to know if anyone who has a moto x has tried to do this and if so what was your outcome.

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
The circles widget basically comes bundled with the whole razr or razr m launcher and won't work with other launchers like the bionic's
And Verizon is selling the X as of today!

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I tried One More Clock Widget and while it looked great it didn't act like the one from Motorola. For instance when you click on any of the circle it just takes you to the settings menu for the widget. It also doesn't spin the circles for more info.

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I know they started to sell them on line today but I am waiting for Best Buy to carry it. I buy all my phones from them.

rajeshr68

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I tried One More Clock Widget and while it looked great it didn't act like the one from Motorola. For instance when you click on any of the circle it just takes you to the settings menu for the widget. It also doesn't spin the circles for more info.

It doesn't spin the circle like the Moto one, but you can set up 9 different actions based on where you click within the widget. In my case, clicking on the battery section takes me to BetterBatteryStats while clicking on the weather takes me to Yahoo Weather.

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
That's interesting because I didn't see anyway of setting up each circle to perform a task when pressed. I will redownload and try it again. Thanks

Kevin Ecker

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't spin the circle like the Moto one, but you can set up 9 different actions based on where you click within the widget. In my case, clicking on the battery section takes me to BetterBatteryStats while clicking on the weather takes me to Yahoo Weather.

Once you've used the Moto one it's just not the same. Besides, the One More Clock one allows you to assign actions to regions....which the borders of the circles don't fall along those borders, so it's kind of kludgy.

Bret Subsits

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I have a moto x for at&t and i have it unlocked for TMOBILE, i am trying to figure out how to get this widget for my phone but am not really understanding if anyone was able to successfully complete this task. can someone please help me. I have used the one more clock widget and just don't like it.

Cheers!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000