09-02-2013 07:41 AM
33 12
tools
    Making the same switch. The ones I played with were hand's down vastly better. The weirdest thing to me was the larger screen on a smaller device. It feels crazy.
    08-31-2013 05:36 AM
    The weirdest thing to me was the larger screen on a smaller device. It feels crazy.
    What's really kind of mindboggling to me is watching a video on the phone. The screen seems enormous because it takes up nearly the entire phone.
    Aquila and ChuckG73 like this.
    08-31-2013 07:01 AM
    You need to know if the phones are locked on the same band to compare the received power (e.g. the phones could be locked on different RF channels so you're inadvertently comparing apples and oranges). Any chance you know what channels they are on as a 15dB difference doesn't make sense.

... or the X was reporting a bum number as - 115 dBm should be bummer performance which you aren't seeing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    You got me. I have no clue. But right now, the X is at -106 dBm and 34 asu. I NEVER saw the Nexus get to the 30 asu range...ever...
    08-31-2013 07:13 AM
    I came from a Galaxy Nexus that I've had since launch day. The only MINOR problem I'm having with Moto X is getting used to holding a smaller device. Its actually a bit uncomfortable to me, but I'm sure I'll get used to it as my hands get re-trained. I have two years of muscle memory working against me.

Posted via Android Central App
    Patrick Schroedl and ChuckG73 like this.
    08-31-2013 07:24 AM
    I came from a Galaxy Nexus that I've had since launch day. The only MINOR problem I'm having with Moto X is getting used to holding a smaller device. Its actually a bit uncomfortable to me, but I'm sure I'll get used to it as my hands get re-trained. I have two years of muscle memory working against me.

Posted via Android Central App
    My biggest adjustment is getting used to the volume buttons being on the right side instead of the left side. Although I'm actually growing to think it is a better placement considering how I use my phones.
    Patrick Schroedl likes this.
    08-31-2013 07:28 AM
    The Moto X is a huge step up from the GNex. It is a 1.5-year-newer device, but the performance difference is amazing. For me the GNex switches between being smooth and being laggy, and the X is snappier than the GNex ever was. I'm curious to see how the X and the new Droid lineup stand the test of time.

My old GNex battery was horrid, even with the extended version. All signs thus far point to amazing life on the X.

ROFLMAO! You don't know how signal strength works, do you? -93 is a much better strength than -116. The closer to 0, the stronger the signal. So if what you said above is true, the gnex had the much better signal, bro, not the moto.

-Sent from my Droid Mini.-
    And you said the nexus was -93 while the moto was -116. -93 is a much better signal than -116. Sorry.

Edit: oh I see you are taking about asu. Don't know much about that but I'm still nearly certain the -93 is better than the -116 even with the asu difference.

I lol'd.
    08-31-2013 10:17 PM
    My biggest adjustment is getting used to the volume buttons being on the right side instead of the left side. Although I'm actually growing to think it is a better placement considering how I use my phones.
    In general, I've found right-side volume controls to be more convenient for those that are right-handed which makes sense but I never paid all that much attention to it. What made me realize the advantage, however, is that I naturally want to rotate phones counter-clockwise into landscape orientation, putting the power button in the left hand and navigation controls in the right. This also puts the volume controls on the top, rather than the bottom.

My $0.02.
    Aquila likes this.
    08-31-2013 10:21 PM
    Cool keep us posted.

Went to two different locations yesterday, both of which provided great struggles for the Galaxy Nexus to even GET a data signal, much less hold it. One location was at a park on the fringe edge of the suburbs and another was a park near a metropolitan area. I had excellent signal strength at both. I grabbed a screencap at the fringe location just for memory's sake and I had -107 dBm and a whopping 33 asu. The LTE speed was definitely in play as I did some web browsing and Facebook photo uploads.

The only place left to test is my office in downtown. The Nexus could barely get a signal regardless of my location in the building (I sit near the windows but would stroll through the building on occasion to test for better signal strength). I'm eager to see how the X does at that location. I just have to wait until Wednesday now. First time in a while I have been eager to go into the office. LOL
    phositadc likes this.
    09-02-2013 07:41 AM
33 12