09-04-2013 09:20 PM
38 12
tools
    Our carriers have never charged separately for tethering. You guys are pretty much living in the past.

Posted via my awesome rooted Nexus 4 and Android Central App)
    Your carriers also service hobbits and orcs. There are many differences
    09-01-2013 12:43 AM
    Your carriers also service hobbits and orcs. There are many differences
    :O

Aquila likes this.
    09-01-2013 01:17 AM
    You must have used a lot of data. I use very little, only about 200 MB each month.

- - - Updated - - -

The paid or free version? The free version doesn't work for me -- it attempts to start the hotspot but then stops it.
    I use the paid version, but the free works for me. If the free does not work, I would assume the paid version does not either. I had a GNex and paid for SVTP, when I switched to the Moto Razr HD SVTP paid version did not work. Went back to GNex .
    09-01-2013 07:24 AM
    Our carriers have never charged separately for tethering. You guys are pretty much living in the past.

Who are "Our Carriers". I am on Verizon and Grandfathered with Unlimited Data. Tethering not included .
    09-01-2013 07:27 AM
    Who are "Our Carriers". I am on Verizon and Grandfathered with Unlimited Data. Tethering not included .
    NZ. All GSM and all don't charge for tethering. Plus no double dipping either.

09-01-2013 07:32 AM
    NZ. All GSM and all don't charge for tethering. Plus no double dipping either.

I test drove a N4 on TMobile, and alas was impressed with reception in and around my home and in the city, but when we went to our vacation home in Deltavill VA (I get a weak VZW signal) there was absolutely no signal for TMobile. I was rooting to go GSM but that killed it for me and my wife With VZW I can use my phone as a hotspot and work down there using SVTP Pro on my GNex, and stream music from Google Play. Sorry if this if off topic.....I would love to go GSM
    09-01-2013 07:42 AM
    Tethering is included but....

As part of their agreement with the FCC they are not allowed to deny you tethering apps on your Android phone.

On ATT for example, Google play won't allow you to purchase FoxFi.

When they charge for tethering, they are charging you for the hotspot but not the ability as it is always on and unblocked.

Here is an article on tethering and I would hold onto that unlimited plan for as long as you can.

FCC to Verizon: Dont block tethering apps. Verizon settles for $1.25M — Tech News and Analysis
    09-01-2013 05:56 PM
    I use the paid version, but the free works for me. If the free does not work, I would assume the paid version does not either. I had a GNex and paid for SVTP, when I switched to the Moto Razr HD SVTP paid version did not work. Went back to GNex .
    But you are saying that now it works for you on the Moto X? On which carrier is your Moto X?
    09-02-2013 12:12 AM
    I test drove a N4 on TMobile, and alas was impressed with reception in and around my home and in the city, but when we went to our vacation home in Deltavill VA (I get a weak VZW signal) there was absolutely no signal for TMobile. I was rooting to go GSM but that killed it for me and my wife With VZW I can use my phone as a hotspot and work down there using SVTP Pro on my GNex, and stream music from Google Play. Sorry if this if off topic.....I would love to go GSM
    I'm lucky all carriers here are GSM. We get coverage nearly everywhere.

Aquila likes this.
    09-02-2013 02:04 AM
    Used it for work for the first time today. More productivity than before. Signal compared to my GN is absolutely nothing short of incredible. Sable to get strong 4G where before my GN would barely get 1x. Love it love it love it
    jephanie and Aquila like this.
    09-04-2013 08:21 PM
    Used it for work for the first time today. More productivity than before. Signal compared to my GN is absolutely nothing short of incredible. Sable to get strong 4G where before my GN would barely get 1x. Love it love it love it
    Exact same experience for me! Love it!
    Aquila likes this.
    09-04-2013 08:43 PM

See? I wasn't full of s*it when i said I like it as much as the Nexus 4 :P

Ignore the haters here and elsewhere, and enjoy the hell out of what I think is the best Android phone available from any carrier.
    Aquila, jephanie, Rigelian and 2 others like this.
    09-04-2013 09:16 PM

See? I wasn't full of s*it when i said I like it as much as the Nexus 4 :P

Ignore the haters here and elsewhere, and enjoy the hell out of what I think is the best Android phone available from any carrier.
    Totally 100% agree.

Posted via Android Central App
    Aquila likes this.
    09-04-2013 09:20 PM
38 12