I love this phone!

pgood4

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Still getting mine setup just the way I want it, but the speed is truly impressive. The smoothest device I've used and I'm moving from the HTC One and iPhone 5

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Okay, a few hours of playing with this phone, and it is awesome. I can't believe how fast and smooth it is. It really makes my Galaxy Nexus on 4.3 seem old and slow.

Signal strength is fantastic, too.

CSI Guy

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
Had mine a couple of days and so far, I really like it. Love the size and speed of this phone. Small and light but with a big screen, the notifications are very nice and needed for my job. Great phone overall.

quietlybrilliant

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I love it too, and to be honest somewhat unexpectedly so. I thought it was overhyped and the only reason it seemed more attractive was the less bloated version of Android, whereas hardware wise the One and S4 seemed better in every way. Well I end up prefering the Moto X in all but two (unfortunately pretty crucial, to me anyways) ways:

1) AT&T and Moto ganged up to disable free tethering on this particular device for users with a grandfathered unlimited plan like me. So even though I only use about 2 GB in an average month and pay for unlimited, I can't use my ~200 MB of tethered data? That's fascist.

2) The speaker points to the whole world but not me, and I can't even redirect the sound waves by forming a cup around the phone with my hand. I don't find this particularly constructive, given that I'm the one using the phone, and typically do so while looking at the screen. Voice calls on speaker phone with it are a pain compared to the smart front-facing design of the HTC One.

So while I prefer everything else about the Moto X over other phones, these two things will make me probably move to an HTC One with the Modaco switch. I look forward to the days where carriers stop charging extra for tethering, and where phone makers realize that the person using a phone tends to look at its display while doing so.

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I love it too, and to be honest somewhat unexpectedly so. I thought it was overhyped and the only reason it seemed more attractive was the less bloated version of Android, whereas hardware wise the One and S4 seemed better in every way. Well I end up prefering the Moto X in all but two (unfortunately pretty crucial, to me anyways) ways:

1) AT&T and Moto ganged up to disable free tethering on this particular device for users with a grandfathered unlimited plan like me. So even though I only use about 2 GB in an average month and pay for unlimited, I can't use my ~200 MB of tethered data? That's fascist.

How are you hiding your tethering? They called me when I did it. Told me that was it, next time is lose my unlimited and be paying for 5 gigs and 15 for tethering

Posted via Android Central App

Dregur

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Probably the biggest surprise is the speaker quality for me. I haven't heard a HTC One speakers, but acoustically, the speaker is quite genius and loud without much distortion. Granted, my background with phone speakers is **** poor. The two nexus and a Lumia 920. but the speaker on the Moto X blew me away.

quietlybrilliant

May 12, 2013
Visit site
How are you hiding your tethering? They called me when I did it. Told me that was it, next time is lose my unlimited and be paying for 5 gigs and 15 for tethering

Posted via Android Central App

You must have used a lot of data. I use very little, only about 200 MB each month.

- - - Updated - - -

I use SVTP and never had an issue,

The paid or free version? The free version doesn't work for me -- it attempts to start the hotspot but then stops it.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
How has the battery life been?

Here's my "halfway-through-the-first-day" report:

So far for me, I've been using it pretty much normally today. Off charger for 8-1/2 hours. 1-1/2 hours of screen time. Half of the time has been on WiFi; other half on LTE. Usage includes some gaming, a few YouTube videos, a couple app downloads, some Facebook, some texting, a little web browsing and snapping a bunch of pictures.

And I'm at 50%.

That isn't going to get me through 24 hours but I'm sure as heck happy that it will get me through my waking day without any fear.

pgood4

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
So far for me today, 12 hours on, 2 hours screen time, an hour of calls, an hour of car Bluetooth music time and I'm at 50%. Not bad for the first full day of usage. Also, Bluetooth and GPS settings on all day.