09-03-2013 02:54 AM
28 12
tools
    I had the droid maxx for 5 days and returned it because it DOES turn on in your pocket A LOT when you get a notification!! I was all the time pulling it out of my pocket and the phone had been on and doing various things from being on the internet to making phone calls. Went back to my RMHD and my big led notifications. Couldn't be happier!!
    That sucks. Obviously its not supposed to do that.
    Attached Thumbnails Moto X best feature - Active Display-screenshot_2013-09-01-08-42-33.png  
    09-01-2013 06:44 PM
    Come on, the Win XP tablets cost twice the price of a laptop, they were bulky, weighed the same as a laptop (if not more), and had outdated CPUs. They were big and bulky, software was not optimized for touch. No amount of marketing could fix that. I know, I was privileged enough to have used a Compaq/HP 4400. It blew chunks. Big time.
    I'm talking pre windows xp. The problem wasn't the hardware. At that point in time all laptops were handicapped by the processors and RAM that was used on mobile computing. I have an HP Laptop from 2000 here and even if I do a complete wipe and reinstall Windows on it it's still slow there nothing that can change it. Part of the reason the PC world is hurting now is because in the last 6 or so years the PC has reached the point where upgrading just to do business tasks is no longer necessary and people are able to hold on to their current PC's much longer now. But that's another debate.

My point is that they failed to show you why you want the tablet and how it could be used in your everyday life. Not the tablet itself. Early adopters of any tech pay the price and early mobile computing was weak at best. But once you can show people WHY they will love your product it and use it with everyday life it will take off. With the Ipad still being around 700-800 we can't really talk about price as a barrier.That's what I meant in my example. Someone saw the potential of the tablet to a mass market and then they were able to convince the rest of the world.
    09-02-2013 10:30 AM
    That sucks. Obviously its not supposed to do that.
    I really haven't had that problem with any of the "phone is off" features.
    09-03-2013 02:54 AM
28 12