Duplicate texts with Google Now

samwilli2002

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
If I send a text using Google Now, the recipient will get 2-3 copies of the text. If I send it from the text messaging app it works correctly....any ideas?

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
If I send a text using Google Now, the recipient will get 2-3 copies of the text. If I send it from the text messaging app it works correctly....any ideas?

Are you using the voice activation feature? I have had the same issue with the Maxx and reported it to Moto. I have also found that if I hit the home button right after I hit the send button to send the text, only one is sent. I think the second is being sent if you just leave search sitting there. Don't know why.

tconnelly

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
It is an issue with the newest version of google now. It seems most people i have talked to have multiple text clients on their phone like standard Text Messaging app, GoSMS, or google voice but not one hundred percent sure if that has anything to do with it. I know mine does it on all of my devices including a Motorola Razr MAXX, Motrola Razr HD, and a Samsung Galaxy S3.

It is the latest update of Google Now/Google Search that is causing this problem which began in early/mid august and is still unresolved by google(they claim they are aware and looking into the issue at this time) however temporarily reverting to an older version by uninstalling the update will temporarily fix the issue untill google can figure this out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci