Ordering Verizon Moto X Online - Does it come with Nano Sim?

yazzinit

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Of course, online reps say yes, but who knows if they know what they're talking about?

Those of you who ordered the Verizon Moto X online, did it come with the nano sim? I have a Galaxy S3, so of course my sim card won't work and there's no Verizon store nearby with me living on campus at school. Thanks for the help.

Also, anyone buying off contract order it from the Verizon Iconic Portal site? If so, did you choose new user and without service? I asked the online reps if that'd be fine and of course, they said "probably." Can't seem to order through the normal Verizon site off contract and online reps weren't sure why not.

despite707

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Mine came with the nano Sim already in the phone ready to go. I did an alternate upgrade so I could keep my unlimited data so I never went through the iconic portal.

yazzinit

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I'm guessing I can do the Iconic Portal or just have an online rep place the order and it'll be fine. Side note: Any of you having the Assist glitch where it doesn't stop reading texts?

yazzinit

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Cool thanks. Don't want to start another topic if I can avoid it: I hate not having a screen protector. I worry about dust/sand in my pocket scratching the screens. Don't seem to be many choices for the Moto X yet. Any suggestions?

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Cool thanks. Don't want to start another topic if I can avoid it: I hate not having a screen protector. I worry about dust/sand in my pocket scratching the screens. Don't seem to be many choices for the Moto X yet. Any suggestions?

I'm not following you. Are you saying you don't have a screen protector and you don't think there are many choices of screen protectors? I found some at the local Verizon store and on Amazon. Not sure what your problem statement is.

yazzinit

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I hate not having one, meaning I would prefer to have one. I see like 3 choices on Amazon so far - Skinomi (wet install, not a fan), i-blason and Crazy on Digital (never heard of either brand).

I don't see any other brands besides those on Amazon, and typically the generics that Verizon sells for each phone are complete junk in one form or the other (they peel off soon after, rainbow or orange peel effect, not clear, etc)

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I hate not having one, meaning I would prefer to have one. I see like 3 choices on Amazon so far - Skinomi (wet install, not a fan), i-blason and Crazy on Digital (never heard of either brand).

I don't see any other brands besides those on Amazon, and typically the generics that Verizon sells for each phone are complete junk in one form or the other (they peel off soon after, rainbow or orange peel effect, not clear, etc)

I've actually had pretty good luck with the Verizon brand. I've got one on now and it is bubble free, feels great while using the phone and isn't too bad with fingerprints.

I also ordered a pack of these to try out: Supershieldz

Last edited:

yazzinit

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the input. I'll probably get the Verizon ones to hold me over while others come out. Thanks for the review on them, much appreciated.

yazzinit

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I saw that one, but it's weird: None of the review sites when reviewing Assist report the bug, except for 1 that someone linked in there. Then, only some people here and on XDA report it. It's just weird.

malchyk

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Hey, can you confirm that this worked worked? I'm about to trade my iPhone 5 for a Moto X, and I'm hoping we can just swap sims and activate instead of having to deal with the store reps.

djstarion

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Hey, can you confirm that this worked worked? I'm about to trade my iPhone 5 for a Moto X, and I'm hoping we can just swap sims and activate instead of having to deal with the store reps.
Actually curious about this as well. I have an iPhone 5 but just bought a Moto X online and just wanna swap between the 2.

malchyk

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Actually curious about this as well. I have an iPhone 5 but just bought a Moto X online and just wanna swap between the 2.

You prolly already figures this out, but just to follow up: YES, a nano sim from an iPhone 5 totally works in the Moto X. At least, that was my experience with the Verizon models of each each of these phones (even though the bastards at Verizon said they were incompatible).

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Bham22

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone happen to know if Verizon will cut your sim to a nano sim for you if you have a micro sim you want to use in it? Or would I be able to buy a new nano sim at the verizon store?

GNexROC

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I ordered a verizon moto x through motomaker. Came with Sim installed. Took two minutes to activate through a phone automation service. Painless.