03-10-2014 11:02 PM
67 123
tools
    Here you go:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...dlocator&hl=en
    log in and click install and it will automagically install it on the phone for you
    09-09-2013 03:39 PM
    Here you go:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...dlocator&hl=en
    log in and click install and it will automagically install it on the phone for you
    Same app as life360.

Posted via Android Central App
    09-09-2013 09:23 PM
    Also, if you don't get a MotoMaker one, most brick stores don't have a restocking fee.
    Verizon stores have a $30 restocking fee,
    09-10-2013 11:56 AM
    Try EvoMail.
    I'm loving the Moto X but still have an iPhone 5 and will be buying the new iPhone as well. I've had many Android phones and all the iPhones and find the Moto X to be the best Android phone I have owned. The iPhone is still more seamless when doing a lot of things, has far better car integration, better apps even if the app is on both platforms, and a way better camera. I was willing to give the Moto X camera the benefit of the doubt but it does suck. Hopefully they will fix it. They make a big deal of how easy it is to use the camera yet the camera sucks...get it together Google/Motorola. I think they will. I recommend turning on tap to focus on the Moto X camera btw.
    I too switched from the iphone 5. So far so good, I am just missing stupid things that stock ios had such as battery percentage on the top bar and email/SMS counters to show how many messages you have.

Another thing I wish I had, but it was a jailbroken iOS feature was an app called Lockinfo. It basically allowed you to see all emails and SMS on your lockscreen to get a small preview of what new messages you have.
    Paisley likes this.
    09-10-2013 12:00 PM
    Verizon stores have a $30 restocking fee,
    Right, but stores like Best Buy or RadioShack usually don't. I know RS probably doesn't have the phone, but just an observation.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
    09-10-2013 12:36 PM
    I bought a Moto X and am trying to transfer my contacts, music, videos, pictures, from my iphone 4. I did ask my my google accounting the custom design, but that did not get done. When I looked at the music, it says I have to pay a monthly charge. I saw a program you can buy to do this. Is there a cheaper, easier way? Thanks for any help.
    11-08-2013 09:00 AM
    Are any former iPhone users that have switched missing music capabilities, the ability to simply plug your phone into a dock or car stereo via USB and play music?
    11-08-2013 09:52 AM
    Just did this switch from iPhone 5 to Moto X. I don't think I wild have been motivated to do such if it weren't for the made in USA thing. That said, it is a nice phone and I do like the customizable aspect. I tried a galaxy s4 but the lag was horrible and the features were gimmicks. The Moto X features are usable and pleasant. The battery life is good. The build quality is good but the materials are not as "premium" as the iPhone. The screen size is better on the Moto.

I will be keeping but I will miss some things about the iPhone. I also really like some things about Android.

What things specifially will you miss? I just ordered the Moto-X Developers Edition and I'm switching from a jailbroken iPhone. I know the usual things I will miss like syncing both my devices and my wife's iPhone with iTunes, Find my iPhone, and various apps as well as customization via Cydia. What are some things you actually miss ?
    02-13-2014 10:12 PM
    I have the moto x and I have one HUGE!!! gripe. You can only see 3 lines of the text that you are sending. so you continually have to scroll through your text to see it. Also no directional arrows to move through your message to correct or add. Only a marker that you manually move around, that is overly sensitive. I have only got the marker to the right place about 6 times. So I have to move it as close to in front of where I want to be and delete back to where I want to go. Than retype/speak what I want it to say. Amazing poor design, honestly, texting programming on this phone is a total failure, needs to be completely redesigned. if you text a lot and send more than 3 lines texts you will be extremely frustrated with moto x. I found an app that will gives me 4 lines of text, but haven't found an app that works like most phones, where you actually see all of your text. for this reason alone I HATE this phone. If I can't find a app to fix this stupid, intentional design flaw I will be looking for a new phone.

Other than that I really, really do like the phone, but only seeing 3 lines of text is a deal breaker. Love drive mode that reads your incoming texts to you, if you respond "yes" to read test automated question. Also will connect incoming calls if you accept them But, don't like how the play lists are displayed, minor though.

Any body know of an app that will display all of the text u are sending?
    03-09-2014 02:21 PM
    I have the moto x and I have one HUGE!!! gripe. You can only see 3 lines of the text that you are sending. so you continually have to scroll through your text to see it. Also no directional arrows to move through your message to correct or add. Only a marker that you manually move around, that is overly sensitive. I have only got the marker to the right place about 6 times. So I have to move it as close to in front of where I want to be and delete back to where I want to go. Than retype/speak what I want it to say. Amazing poor design, honestly, texting programming on this phone is a total failure, needs to be completely redesigned. if you text a lot and send more than 3 lines texts you will be extremely frustrated with moto x. I found an app that will gives me 4 lines of text, but haven't found an app that works like most phones, where you actually see all of your text. for this reason alone I HATE this phone. If I can't find a app to fix this stupid, intentional design flaw I will be looking for a new phone.

Other than that I really, really do like the phone, but only seeing 3 lines of text is a deal breaker. Love drive mode that reads your incoming texts to you, if you respond "yes" to read test automated question. Also will connect incoming calls if you accept them But, don't like how the play lists are displayed, minor though.

I don't know which of "most phones" you are referring to, but my S4 also does only 3 lines of text with the default messaging app. I use Hangouts, which shows 4, but I haven't seen any others that show all of the current message

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    03-09-2014 02:44 PM
    I would like to know if the Op stuck with the Moto X or if he went back to the land of Apple.....
    03-09-2014 03:57 PM
    I would like to know if the Op stuck with the Moto X or if he went back to the land of Apple.....
    I heard its a walled prison island that no one escape.
    03-09-2014 04:03 PM
    I'm not the OP but I made the switch over a month ago and haven't looked back. I love my Moto X. The only thing I do not like about this phone is the horrible camera.
    03-09-2014 04:09 PM
    I'm not really a switcher. I still need my iPhone because of ecosystem. But my Moto X is my daily driver. It's nice to own both platform. Both have advantages and disadvantages. Go for moto x and you'll never regret it. Android is the best but still I need iOS from time to time.
    03-09-2014 05:02 PM
    I've switched between both several times for different reasons but I'm back in a x and plan to stay

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
    03-09-2014 09:51 PM

Have you tried rotating the phone 90 degrees in your hand? You can then see five lines.
    03-10-2014 12:19 AM
    I switched directly from the iPhone 5 to the Moto X and it was a great switch. I'm a mobile product manager, so I use my device a lot, and am a very discriminating user. I had expected to miss some things about my iPhone, but so far, not so much.

Active notifications were a bit of a game-changer for me in the way I interact with my phone. Touchless control = meh, it's okay. The battery life is much better, and stock KitKat is, in my opinion, just a better experience than iOS 7.

I had expected to want to customize a lot to make it behave more like my iPhone, but as it turns out I found Android to be more intuitive than iOS. In fact, most of the stuff I do customize is to get rid of the things that bugged me about iOS that I couldn't fix on that platform.

As for apps, there aren't as many upstarts on Android as iOS, but for the most part I've been shifting towards cross-platform apps for most of my stuff anyway: Simplenote, Gmail, Dropbox, Google Docs, Wunderlist, etc.

All things considered, there's no way I could go back to an iPhone.
    UJ95x and huntnyc like this.
    03-10-2014 11:02 PM
67 123