I'm super close to pulling the trigger on the MOTO X or HTC ONE

dj ozone

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Ok now maybe we know why certain Moto X's had issues with the loose buttons and screen/bezel funkiness...perhaps those were the china manufactured phone....as I remember some of the early reviews stated these concerns so theres a chance the review units were china born also...

Edit: aha! Found it in a different thread about a Canadian that haves stock white that was assembled in china.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/moto-x/308391-where-your-moto-assembled.html

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I have the Verizon moto X in white and mine says designed and assembled in the USA as well. If I remember correctly some or most of the parts are manufactured in China but everything is assembled here in the United States.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

How do you like the white moto x? I was originally going to get the white, but was worried it would discolor or get really dirty.

Since I'm on ATT, I think I might as well go with moto maker, huh? I like the smooth plastic as opposed to the in store grippy texture.

pgood4

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I just switched from the HTC One Developer Edition. I really liked the one, but ergonomically I much prefer the Moto X, it just fits my hand much better while still maintaining the same screen size as the One. The One is a great phone, but the Moto X matches it in every way in day to day operation for me. I actually find it more fluid than any android or iOS device I've ever used and that includes the HTC One, Galaxy S3 and S4 and all variants of the iPhone including the 5. Just my .02.

pgood4

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
How do you like the white moto x? I was originally going to get the white, but was worried it would discolor or get really dirty.

Since I'm on ATT, I think I might as well go with moto maker, huh? I like the smooth plastic as opposed to the in store grippy texture.

I did a custom design with the white weave back and I really like it. No smudges or stains so far, but it's only been a couple of days. To me it just doesn't feel like a material that will get stains that won't just wipe off.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

I don't buy in to that 720p vs 1080p resolution of X vs One

Here is a story that happened last Friday, I went out with my friend for a beer who owns a HTC One.
We were talking about Moto X and its feature and i told him few people on the internet are freaking out about 720p X screen.

He immediately pulled out his HTC One and asked me to take out my Nexus 4(720p). He said you won’t find any difference between 720 and 1080
We started pulling few images from the internet on both phones and compared them. I couldn't even find any difference.

Now the only difference you will see is how both phones reproduce color.
Moto X color reproduction has been praised by many reviewers and they said they don't see the difference in high ppi screen vs X.

True Story!!!

Last edited:

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I'm going to go with the X I think (even though I said the exact same thing about the ONE, lol) but I think there's more personal pros for me than with the one.

With the X, the advantages I fell it has are it's stock UI, battery life (but I've heard conflicting reports on battery life. But it seems to all east average 8 or 9 hours with heavy-ish use.), it's form factor, and touchless/action email display features.

With the other end, the only things I think it has over the X (for me personaly) is its screen and it's internals. But it sounds like it's Internals are not even night and day better compared to the X.

So really for me personally, the X seems like a no Brainer now that I am writing it out.

snookiesnoo

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Well, isn't S600 chips kinda the top right now?

My worry is that 6 months from now when I go to play a game or use a app on the moto x, it's leggy and doesn't perform the game or app well.

Also, a lot of reviews I read say that while they really like the moto x, for the price you might be better of with a HTC ONE or S4.

Since android isn't as utilitarian as IOS, I just always thought it's best to get the most advanced handset you can at the time with the most recent silicon. That way you'll probaly be safe for the two years you have the phone.

If you are keeping a phone for the next two years you don't want a Moto X. Bunch of Snapdragon 800 phones out soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

snookiesnoo

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site

Here is a story which happened last Friday, I went out with my friend for a beer who has an HTC One.
We were talking about Moto X and its feature and i told him few people on the internet are freaking out about 720p X screen.

He immediately pulled out his HTC One and asked me to take out my Nexus 4(720p). He said you won?t find any difference between 720 and 1080
We started pulling some images from the internet on both phones and compared them. I couldn't even find any difference.

Moto X color reproduction has been praised by many reviewers and they said they don't see the difference in high ppi screen vs X.

True Story!!!

Most of the reviews I have have been lukewarm about the screen at best. Like it's ok but not what you would expect.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

DC Wuff

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
I have a 37" 720p Samsung TV in my bedroom. I love it, and the picture is fantastic. I'm still trying to figure out why having a 720p screen on a 4.7" phone is such a deal-breaker for some people.

My unlocked HTC One will be going on eBay this week, and I'll be happily using my new Moto X for a long time to come.

Posted via Android Central App

Mr.Willie

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I went to the ATT store today and used both the Moto X and the HTC ONE. I really liked the HTC ones screen, but I still don't know if I could get used to sense 5. It's not that I despised it, it was just completely different and strange.

It's seems like I'd gain more personal positives with the moto x: better UI, supposedly better battery life, active notifications, and much closer to a google android experience than the one. Really, I just want stock(ish) android

But I can't shake the feeling that I'm not getting the most value for my money when the phone is only 720p and the internals aren't as bleeding edge. I'm going to be paying full retail price on this phone (though it'll be overtime via att next) but I can't shake that I'm going to get more with the HTC ONE than with the moto x since there so close in retail price.

I know the moto x hardware is probably good enough, all the review I've read said as much, but I can't shake that feeling. One thing I'm worried is that with the HTC ONE I'm buying into HTCs version of Android, not Google's.

Anyone have any thoughts or advice? This is a very tough decision :(

It takes all of 3 minutes to unlock the boot loader on an HTC One. You can then install any ROM your heart desires. It is after all an Android phone. Highly customizable. The 1080P LCD3 screen is gorgeous. I also use Auto Screen On, it uses the prox sensor so when I unholstered it or pick it up off the table/desk, the screen turns on.

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
It takes all of 3 minutes to unlock the boot loader on an HTC One. You can then install any ROM your heart desires. It is after all an Android phone. Highly customizable. The 1080P LCD3 screen is gorgeous. I also use Auto Screen On, it uses the prox sensor so when I unholstered it or pick it up off the table/desk, the screen turns on.

I just didn't want to really go through that. Would rather just leave the phones internals alone.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I've got my Moto X on the way and will be interested in seeing how it compares to the S4 and HTC One Google editions. I really like the GE S4 because it runs really fast and smooth compared to the touchwiz version. I converted my Tmobile HTC One completly over to a GE and it runs really smooth also. I'll probably be selling both but have bought a Dev Edition HTC One, that's the version of the phone I wanted in the beginning. I have a lot of accessoires for the One and don't want to give it up right now, plus I really like boomsound and beats audio.

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I ordered mine this morning off moto maker. Of all the phones this year it suits me best. I got my mom an HTC One as her first droid, I'm not a fan of form Factor and screen size, to narrow. It has a great camera but I'm not a huge picture person.

Currently I'm on a N4 that is rooted. I wanted my next phone to be stock and no rooting or roms. With Moto X the notifications, camera gesture and touchless is enough for me to make that leap and not worry about wanting a ROM.

asanatheist

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site

Here is a story which happened last Friday, I went out with my friend for a beer who has a HTC One.

He immediately pulled out his HTC One and asked me to take out my Nexus 4(720p). He said you won?t find any difference between 720 and 1080
We started pulling some images from the internet on both phones and compared them. I couldn't even find any difference.

True Story!!!

Most reviewers have said they can notice a difference in sharpness, and clarity between 720p/1080. They say however the 720P display isn't a slouch either. It's kind of a "it's enough" argument really.
Just thought I'd mention that.

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I went to the ATT store today and used both the Moto X and the HTC ONE. I really liked the HTC ones screen, but I still don't know if I could get used to sense 5. It's not that I despised it, it was just completely different and strange.

It's seems like I'd gain more personal positives with the moto x: better UI, supposedly better battery life, active notifications, and much closer to a google android experience than the one. Really, I just want stock(ish) android

But I can't shake the feeling that I'm not getting the most value for my money when the phone is only 720p and the internals aren't as bleeding edge. I'm going to be paying full retail price on this phone (though it'll be overtime via att next) but I can't shake that I'm going to get more with the HTC ONE than with the moto x since there so close in retail price.

I know the moto x hardware is probably good enough, all the review I've read said as much, but I can't shake that feeling. One thing I'm worried is that with the HTC ONE I'm buying into HTCs version of Android, not Google's.

I have a One and briefly had an X (I'm getting another one, 32gb) and can say that the resolution isn't a big deal. Yes you can tell a difference but its minimal, think 720p and 1080p on a TV, and honestly the AMOLED screen makes it pop a little more and so it looks close. The features on the X, to me, have a higher value add than the One. I never used Blinkfeed, used Zoe maybe 4 times and thought the front speakers were actually a disappointment. The features I loved were the Beats through headphones and the video highlights. On the X I love basically every feature from Active Display to the camera flick. The X feels way better in the hand and has the same premium feeling as the One without being susceptible to scratches as much. Its all preference but I loved the X and the One. The X just feels more right for me.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I have wondered about the 720 vs. 1080 thing. I have the HTC One and it has the best screen I've seen on a phone to date. The main thing is the brightness and clarity. The S4 has a nice looking screen but I like the One's better, much better actually. I've seen in the reviews that the Moto X is a Oled display but uses the RGB pixel matrix instead of Pentile. I'm not sure how much this will matter to my eyes but, I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Most reviewers have said they can notice a difference in sharpness, and clarity between 720p/1080. They say however the 720P display isn't a slouch either. It's kind of a "it's enough" argument really.
Just thought I'd mention that.
if most reviewers say they can notice a difference in sharpness can you post couple of review that say that??

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site

If you haven't already.. I would read this review.

This will inform you completely about the X and get a better idea about the spec choice and how it works because in a lot of test the X out performed the s4 and One.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7235/moto-x-review

This review inspired me a lot about the X and direction Google is taking android for an experience equivalent to apple.

leathernuts#WP

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Just left a Verizon store. Did not have much time, but I compared the x screen on the same Web page to my one. First off, now I see the difference between amoled and lcd. The one was much brighter. Also, even though the x is a 4.7, it appeared smaller because of the on screen buttons . I really wanted to hold the device, unfortunately they have the device secured with that contraption on the back. It was smooth though.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan