I'm super close to pulling the trigger on the MOTO X or HTC ONE

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
How do you like the white moto x? I was originally going to get the white, but was worried it would discolor or get really dirty.

Since I'm on ATT, I think I might as well go with moto maker, huh? I like the smooth plastic as opposed to the in store grippy texture.

I love the white design with the weave on the back. It doesn't get discolored either. I have a clear back case on it though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
That's not really a good excuse to not get the X...

Agreed, Every review out there including mine has explained that the X is actually faster than other quad core phones. Stop getting sucked into specs, moto changed the game in this aspect.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Agreed, Every review out there including mine has explained that the X is actually faster than other quad core phones. Stop getting sucked into specs, moto changed the game in this aspect.

Hey man, can you post a link to your review? I can't find it and I'm in the One vs. X boat trying to figure out which is my next phone.

asanatheist

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
if most reviewers say they can notice a difference in sharpness can you post couple of review that say that??

Sure thing. To be fair, I will pick some from the front page google search for "Moto X review"

androidauthority
"While 1080p displays are quickly becoming the norm, and even though I cringe at anything less, this is a very nice display nonetheless."

Marques Brownlee See Moto X review Time: 4:00 minutes~
Time 4:00
"The only time I can see a difference of this and a 1080p display is when you put them side by side."

AnandTech:
"I can detect a difference between the Moto X and the really high DPI displays like the HTC One and SGS4, but it isn?t something that bothers me when using the Moto X."

The Verge (also makes comment about the S4's screen)
"though not a best-in-class performer like the HTC One?s Super LCD display"

Cnet
"The screen isn't as big and sharp as those on some competing handsets."

Many others including Android Central implied that the 1080p screen would or does look better however the 720P screen is sufficient.

I am not sure why people are crying about pixels density saying that if a ppi is 300 or higher the eye cannot discern the pixels. Who exactly cares about the pixels themselves? Even though we can't see the pixels, we CAN see large cluster of pixels working together to portray detail in a photograph, a corner in a shape, or a sharp line in a font. The more pixels, the clearer the details.

There is a limit obviously, however 720P/1080p on a 4.5" to 5.0" is discernible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol