Insurance for the Moto X

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I get my phone tomorrow that I ordered on line and chose the $5.18 insurance plan which covers your device against loss, theft or accidental damage, including water damage. Excludes mechanical or electrical defects after the manufacturer?s warranty expires and carries a $99 deductible. Does anyone know of a better plan. I think I read somewhere that you can get insurance through Motorola but I am not sure. Just looking for a better deal. Paying $99 deductible is terrible.

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Just called Motorola about their insurance plan. Sound good but unfortunately you are not eligible unless you order the Moto X through the Moto Maker. Since I ordered mine through Verizon online I am not eligible but I will give you a run down of their plan. (The doorbell just rang and my new phone is here 1 day early) Yah for me.

Motorola # 1-800-734-5870
2 yr plan cost $85
includes operational/mechanical failure.
Accidental damage (water, dropped) $39 deductible per incident (3 incident max per 2yr agreement)
Will issue a paid return label for you to mail it to Motorola for repair.
7-10 days for repair.
No loaner phones at this time but may change in coming months.(Just hold onto your old phone as a back up if possible)

Well that's it. Now to open my new phone.

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I get my phone tomorrow that I ordered on line and chose the $5.18 insurance plan which covers your device against loss, theft or accidental damage, including water damage. Excludes mechanical or electrical defects after the manufacturer?s warranty expires and carries a $99 deductible. Does anyone know of a better plan. I think I read somewhere that you can get insurance through Motorola but I am not sure. Just looking for a better deal. Paying $99 deductible is terrible.

Check out Squaretrade, their deductibles and initial price varies per device but they are pretty decent. They do not cover theft though.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

tmann202

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Again, the rep was incorrect. It does cover accidental breakage just not you losing it.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Yup. Sounds like they were talking about the basic included warranty. Very frustrating that so many customer service people don't know their own company's policy (for many companies). The whole point of the extended warranty is to cover damage.

Copied directly from the Moto website, from my word document that I paste all kinds of stuff I find online for the phone that I want to save:

Included Warranty:

"What type of damages are not covered by my warranty?
Damage and/or performance issues that result from contact with any liquid, water, rain or extreme humidity are excluded from warranty coverage.
Motorola will not repair or replace liquid-damaged products. They will be returned unrepaired."

"Moto basic Warranty does NOT cover:
…impact damage (e.g. dropping the Product) (ii) contact with liquids, water, rain, extreme humidity, heavy perspiration or other moisture; sand, food, dirt or similar substances (except for Products sold as resistant to such substances, b..."

"With our extended service plan, you can avoid the unexpected cost repairs in the event your product fails or is accidentally damaged outside Motorola’s standard warranty."