I just switched from an iPhone 5 to the Moto X.

I cannot seem to get a shot of my kids with this phone that isn't blurry. I've tried autofocus on and off. HDR on and off. The nice pics I've seen on this forum are all of stationary objects. Can someone with kids please advise.

Thanks in advance!
    09-03-2013 01:11 PM
    I just switched from an iPhone 5 to the Moto X.

I cannot seem to get a shot of my kids with this phone that isn't blurry. I've tried autofocus on and off. HDR on and off. The nice pics I've seen on this forum are all of stationary objects. Can someone with kids please advise.

Thanks in advance!
    Yeah ive read about this phone taking blurry pictures of things that are in motion. Might want to check out the htc one. you could take videos and take pictures while watching the video to catch things in motion at the exact time you want to, pretty cool.
    09-03-2013 01:14 PM
    Buying a different phone is troubleshooting the camera app?

Nexus through spacetime.
    09-03-2013 01:16 PM
    Some have had luck with the stock android camera.

Nexus through spacetime.
    09-03-2013 01:16 PM
    Buying a different phone is troubleshooting the camera app?

Nexus through spacetime.
    ok mr technician, why dont you tell her how to go inside her phone and fix her camera lens over the web to capture pictures in motion which most have complained about with this phone. and my comment was more useful then an opinion about others and their phones.
    09-03-2013 01:23 PM
    The Moto X's camera software has pretty robust anti-child software to prevent you from taking a picture you might post on facebook.

But in all seriousness, if it can freeze a roller coaster traveling at 55+ mph, I'm certain it can get a shot of your kids running around. Some things you can try:

- Turn on tap to focus. The autofocus is pretty slow, so if you set yourself up prior to the shot you might have better reaction time with the shutter. This is a preference thing.
    - Turn off the flash. Smartphone cameras are not like dSLRs; the flash on a real camera is perfectly synced with the shutter, so the split-second burst of light actually assists in freezing the motion of an object. On a smartphone camera, the LED "flash" persists for too long and leads to ghosting (what you call blur).
    - Download a different camera app, especially one that has better exposure control.
    nemov and Aquila like this.
    09-03-2013 01:25 PM
    One is advice based on comments from actual users that have solved it, yours was like telling a Chevy owner to try a Toyota because they're not sure how to get better gas mileage on their Chevy.

Nexus through spacetime.
    09-03-2013 01:27 PM
    From what I've read the phone should do a pretty good job taking action pictures if HDR/auto focus off. The blur comes from HDR. Obviously there are other variables.
    09-03-2013 01:28 PM