I take back every negative thing I've ever said about the Moto X!

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
So I am here to eat crow. I will be the first to admit that throughout the release of the Moto X I have posted some less than kind comments about the device being "worth" the money. Over the last few days I have developed an interest in the device mainly by seeing all of the positive comments from actual users. The main things that interested me in the X were the size of the device and the better battery life.

I was still hesitant mainly because of the perceived downgrade in screen quality (from HTC ONE to Moto X) and what I would lose as far as loudspeaker quality and loudness with the ONE.

I bit the bullet and picked one up today and wow was I ever wrong. This is by far the smoothest, most fluid device I have ever used! I decided to push the envelope and open up about 40 apps while downloading another 20 at the same time and not one time did it lag or stutter.

The best way to describe this device is it's comfortable to use. The size is perfect and the active notifications are really useful. I have medium sized hands and it's nice to actually be able to reach all 4 corners of the screen without having to re-position my hand. Motorola knocked it out of the park on this one and I will now admit what others have been trying to say, it's not just about the specs........

I will be selling my ONE to replenish my bank account for the X purchase:)

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I do like to hear stories of people liking the device after trying it. I don't mind those who bash it as long as they don't do it blindly without ever using the phone.

You were able to get over your initial skepticism and give the device an honest shot and it worked out for you. Others would never do as you did but will continue to flame the Moto X.

Thank you for your honest remarks regarding you Moto X experience.

Sent from my Moto X

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I do like to hear stories of people liking the device after trying it. I don't mind those who bash it as long as they don't do it blindly without ever using the phone.

You were able to get over your initial skepticism and give the device an honest shot and it worked out for you. Others would never do as you did but will continue to flame the Moto X.

Thank you for your honest remarks regarding you Moto X experience.

Sent from my Moto X

I'm pretty sure most cases would be this way outside those who need a better camera or bigger better screen.

Posted via Android Central App

sunburned

May 1, 2012
Visit site
This is good to hear. I wonder if the Moto X can prove to other manufacturers that there is a spot in the marketplace for a comfortable sized phone and that screen size has finally been maxed out. I have medium sized hands as well and there was no way I was going to get the HTC One or GS4 because they are just too damn big. Even with the 4.7" screen of the One, the phone is just entirely too tall. Sorry, I'll give up Boomsound if it means not having a huge brick in my pocket.

I hope that in the future, Motorola or maybe some other companies (Nexus?) can keep this exact phone size and screen size, but pack as much processing power, camera, and battery in it as they can.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
good to see people liking the device after using it.
positive reviews from users have started to popup on this forum. thats a good sign for Moto X

April920

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I went to AT&T yesterday to check out the Moto X and have to admit how smooth it runs and agree how good it feels in the hands. It's a bit small. How is it coming from a One to X as far as the size of the phone?

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm glad see a great amount of people loving the phone, it's features, and fluidness. I have been wanting this phone since 3 months ago, and finally today I am ordering the customization moto x. Hopefully all the stories of the phone from the past month shows in the palm of my hand.

Edit: by the way, if the moto x was a religion, i can totally see more converters in the future. With that said, hallelujah brother!

Last edited:

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
So I am here to eat crow. I will be the first to admit that throughout the release of the Moto X I have posted some less than kind comments about the device being "worth" the money. Over the last few days I have developed an interest in the device mainly by seeing all of the positive comments from actual users. The main things that interested me in the X were the size of the device and the better battery life.

I was still hesitant mainly because of the perceived downgrade in screen quality (from HTC ONE to Moto X) and what I would lose as far as loudspeaker quality and loudness with the ONE.

I bit the bullet and picked one up today and wow was I ever wrong. This is by far the smoothest, most fluid device I have ever used! I decided to push the envelope and open up about 40 apps while downloading another 20 at the same time and not one time did it lag or stutter.

The best way to describe this device is it's comfortable to use. The size is perfect and the active notifications are really useful. I have medium sized hands and it's nice to actually be able to reach all 4 corners of the screen without having to re-position my hand. Motorola knocked it out of the park on this one and I will now admit what others have been trying to say, it's not just about the specs........

I will be selling my ONE to replenish my bank account for the X purchase:)

Ate the same plate of crow last week after I returned my Maxx for the Moto x. Holy crap was all that I could say. This thing is a keeper. Not even considering the 5s after getting this.

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I went to AT&T yesterday to check out the Moto X and have to admit how smooth it runs and agree how good it feels in the hands. It's a bit small. How is it coming from a One to X as far as the size of the phone?

It's quite a bit of difference as far as form factor goes. With the ONE I felt like I either had to move my hand up the device to reach the power button, or move it all the way to the bottom to reach the back button with my thumb. The the X, I can keep my hand in one position and control every button on the phone. It sounds like a small thing but after using it a few hours and then going back to the ONE, the ONE just felt too tall. Of course all of this is subjective depending on the size of hands the user has but I think most would fall into the category of small or medium hands.

Last edited:

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
It's a very nice phone. I got mine yesterday and I'll be selling my GE S4. What I noticed and really like is the fluid operation thoughout a lot of my apps. It's running them consistanty just like the Iphone 5. Google+, Youtube, my Msecure app, Amazon and other apps run & scroll very smooth compared to previous Android phone I've had. The Nexus 7 and GE S4 come close but this phone is smoother.

What Google & Motorola have done, they need to keep doing it.

anon(11078)

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site

The screen size of the Moto X is the same as the HTC One. The main difference is that the One has front facing speakers at the top and bottom that makes it quite a bit longer, the bezel on the One is larger, which makes it wider, and the on screen button controls on the Moto X take away some screen space.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
looks like i have to wait longer to order my phone because the motomaker website doesn't allow you to choose your grandfather'd data plan when buying the moto x. I talked to a manager at motorola and he said he will look into it today. So for all of you guys waiting because of not being allowed to choose your grandfather'd data plan may not wait too much longer hopefully.

roadkizzle

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
looks like i have to wait longer to order my phone because the motomaker website doesn't allow you to choose your grandfather'd data plan when buying the moto x. I talked to a manager at motorola and he said he will look into it today. So for all of you guys waiting because of not being allowed to choose your grandfather'd data plan may not wait too much longer hopefully.

I decided not to bother with attempting it online. I just went into the local AT&T corporate store and had absolutely no issues using my phone upgrade to get the 32gb card while keeping my grandfathered data plan. I ordered it on Friday night at about 6:30. At 9:30 that night I got an email saying it was being assembled, and Saturday morning I got a notification that it was being handed over to Fedex. It arrived yesterday morning (Tuesday)...
I'd say extremely good for over the Labor Day weekend... granted I live just two towns away from where the factory is, about 30-60 minute drive.

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I decided not to bother with attempting it online. I just went into the local AT&T corporate store and had absolutely no issues using my phone upgrade to get the 32gb card while keeping my grandfathered data plan. I ordered it on Friday night at about 6:30. At 9:30 that night I got an email saying it was being assembled, and Saturday morning I got a notification that it was being handed over to Fedex. It arrived yesterday morning (Tuesday)...
I'd say extremely good for over the Labor Day weekend... granted I live just two towns away from where the factory is, about 30-60 minute drive.

I would do the card but I tried that and it failed miserably. the in-store agent had problems selling the product and when I found a store to sell me the card they did it wrong. I ended up wasting a week trying to activate the card until at&t finally refunded me the card.

turb0wned

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I to went to look at the X.. I'm on T Mobile though so ether way I have to wait and I will not get a 16GB. Only thing that has me thinking about not switching from the One is the lousy camera.

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Ate the same plate of crow last week after I returned my Maxx for the Moto x. Holy crap was all that I could say. This thing is a keeper. Not even considering the 5s after getting this.

what was so shockingly amazing going from the maxx to the moto x? They are the same phone besides the form factor correct?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11