i'm coming from the iPhone world, to the droid world and i'm wondering if there's a reason i'm not receiving group texts from other iPhones. Thanks for any help.
    09-04-2013 10:13 AM
    i'm coming from the iPhone world, to the droid world and i'm wondering if there's a reason i'm not receiving group texts from other iPhones. Thanks for any help.
    Just a thought, but maybe some iphone users are using your email for imessage and therefore you will not receive any texts unless they ensure they have your cell number in your contact info.
    Scott Smith6 likes this.
    09-04-2013 10:57 AM
    make sure all your devices that have imessage delete your cell number from preferences
    Scott Smith6 and Mike Smith16 like this.
    09-04-2013 12:37 PM
    I had this problem when switching from an Android phone last year. People would text me from their iphones and my new Android phone wouldn't get the text. I struggled with this problem for weeks and went up to Tier 3 tech support on Verizon and Apple and stumped them all on this. It was like my texts were in a permanent state of limbo stuck in iMessage world. Apple told me to wait 45 days and it would time out at their server. I almost lost it on the person asking them if they would be able to not get texts from their freinds and family for 45 days? They soon saw my point and were willing to help as techinicaly at that point I wasn't an Apple customer anymore with my new Android phone.
    An Apple tech got back to me after doing some internal testing after a day and said I had to activate my # back onto an iphone at the Verizon store and turn on iMessage, then turn it off and then switch my # back onto my Android phone. I was willing to try anything as I was so disgusted that no one could help me. Sure enough it worked, however the Verizon store employee gave me a weird look when trying to explain why I had to activate my # onto a demo phone in his stock and then back to mine. After some discussion she let me and sure enough it worked.

So anyone switching from an iphone to Android make sure you TURN OFF iMessage before you switch your ESN / # over to the new Android phone.

Ckidwell and Mike Smith16 like this.
    09-04-2013 01:26 PM
    I had this problem when switching from an Android phone last year. People would text me from their iphones and my new Android phone wouldn't get the text. I struggled with this problem for weeks and went up to Tier 3 tech support on Verizon and Apple and stumped them all on this. It was like my texts were in a permanent state of limbo stuck in iMessage world. Apple told me to wait 45 days and it would time out at their server. I almost lost it on the person asking them if they would be able to not get texts from their freinds and family for 45 days? They soon saw my point and were willing to help as techinicaly at that point I wasn't an Apple customer anymore with my new Android phone.
    An Apple tech got back to me after doing some internal testing after a day and said I had to activate my # back onto an iphone at the Verizon store and turn on iMessage, then turn it off and then switch my # back onto my Android phone. I was willing to try anything as I was so disgusted that no one could help me. Sure enough it worked, however the Verizon store employee gave me a weird look when trying to explain why I had to activate my # onto a demo phone in his stock and then back to mine. After some discussion she let me and sure enough it worked.

So anyone switching from an iphone to Android make sure you TURN OFF iMessage before you switch your ESN / # over to the new Android phone.
    Yes! Totally forgot about that as well!

Happened to me, and guess what I am switching from iphone today so I am so glad I read this
    09-04-2013 02:03 PM
    Just log in to iTunes and change your password. That's actually Apples fix and it works. Just did it last Friday.

09-04-2013 02:06 PM
    Thank you! I think I may have skipped a headache because i am planning to get a moto x soon
    09-04-2013 05:49 PM
    Go in to the settings of the message app and enable group messaging. They will come as MMS.
    09-04-2013 06:46 PM
    I still use my old iPhone and it's on WI fi only. If I turn on imessage I don't get texts from other iPhone.s. Just turn off imessage and you should be OK

Posted via Android Central App
    09-05-2013 10:55 PM

Just log in to iTunes and change your password. That's actually Apples fix and it works. Just did it last Friday.
    So much iPhones 'just working.'

Sent from my Moto X via Android Central app
    09-06-2013 07:28 AM