Anyone else using the Motorola Connect Chrome extension which lets you send texts from the PC browser and reply?

I'm using it right now and i feel like it's draining the battery... I'm not exactly sure what the protocol specifics are of this how often is it polling? push pull? etc etc.. but it seems like it's a pretty decent drain.

Anyone else? thoughts on the matter?
    09-04-2013 11:11 AM
    I'm using it. What do you mean by feels like it's draining the battery?
    Anyone else using the Motorola Connect Chrome extension which lets you send texts from the PC browser and reply?

I'm using it right now and i feel like it's draining the battery... I'm not exactly sure what the protocol specifics are of this how often is it polling? push pull? etc etc.. but it seems like it's a pretty decent drain.

Anyone else? thoughts on the matter?
    09-04-2013 11:16 AM
    I'm using it. What do you mean by feels like it's draining the battery?

Well before i started using it, i had about 20% more battery life at the same time of day that i do now.
    09-04-2013 01:08 PM
    Interesting. I am really getting a lot of use out of connect but I also cant imagine getting any better battery times than I am right now.
    Well before i started using it, i had about 20% more battery life at the same time of day that i do now.
    09-04-2013 01:45 PM
    Interesting. I am really getting a lot of use out of connect but I also cant imagine getting any better battery times than I am right now.
    I just disabled Motorola Connect and we will see if it improves the battery life at all. If you're away from your PC is continues to say "Connecting" or something along those lines. This leads me to believe that its always trying to Sync. While it most likely doesn't use much it probably uses enough.
    09-05-2013 11:18 PM
    Were you ever able to figure out if Motorola Connect was using a lot of battery life? I'm thinking the same thing for my chromebook but I get so much utility out of Motorola Connect that I don't want to uninstall it.

I have tried an unscientific quick test - uninstalling it, doing a set number of things, installing it, doing a set number of things and my tests tell me that there is no difference in battery life. I'm hoping that's what you guys found.
    12-02-2013 12:33 AM