when will it ever come?

chad rodgers

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Ordered my phone on the 23 Rd as soon as I could. Date on my confirmation email said I would receive sept 3. Now is the 4th and no phone. Called moto and they have no idea where my phone is. #frustrated. I hope nobody else is having this issue. Curious though... If you are...what has moto told you? Any solutions? What should I do?

Posted via Android Central App

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry to hear about that and I am surprised there isn't tracking on the package. Have you tried asking for a manager or emailing support? Keep in mind that emailing support may be the quickest, but may take 24-60 hours for a response. (I only know because I've had problems trying to order the custom phone and asked motorola for support) i wish you luck though

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
My buddy is in your boat. Not quite as far up the creek but he's on his way.

They said moto threw in a 25 dollar Google play gift and he will have his phone 2 days or less.

chad rodgers

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I talked to customer service. They are different than motomaker cs. Motomaker then called me back to tell me they don't know where my phone is. (Voicemail). I'm going to call back tonight to speak to a manager of some sort.

moto_lurker

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Chad -

Story to hear about your order issues. I work for Motorola. Let me know if you get your issue resolved today. If not, I might be able to help escalate.

I would also suggest trying reaching out to Matt in the Motorola forums (the official Motorola forums)? He's a great resource as well - and the official Motorola forum guy. I don't represent Motorola in any official capacity on here (must declare this for legal reasons :) )

For what it's worth, I think the moto x is the best phone Motorola had made on the past 10 years.

ML

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Chad -

Story to hear about your order issues. I work for Motorola. Let me know if you get your issue resolved today. If not, I might be able to help escalate.

I would also suggest trying reaching out to Matt in the Motorola forums (the official Motorola forums)? He's a great resource as well - and the official Motorola forum guy. I don't represent Motorola in any official capacity on here (must declare this for legal reasons :) )

For what it's worth, I think the moto x is the best phone Motorola had made on the past 10 years.

ML

Wow... I know this might be dumb, but I almost thought that the moto x had no official forum. I say this because I tried google searching "moto x official forum" and it pointed me to alot of 3rd party forums.

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Wow... I know this might be dumb, but I almost thought that the moto x had no official forum. I say this because I tried google searching "moto x official forum" and it pointed me to alot of 3rd party forums.

Yeah there is, in the Motorola ownership forums. I forgot how to get there, but it's not as fun anyways. :p

I think I heard of people not getting tracking but the phone just arrives, there was a thread here somewhere. You can also complain to them on facebook, once they see it they'll try to get your phone to you faster. Get much better customer support if you bring it up there.

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Yeah there is, in the Motorola ownership forums. I forgot how to get there, but it's not as fun anyways. :p

I think I heard of people not getting tracking but the phone just arrives, there was a thread here somewhere. You can also complain to them on facebook, once they see it they'll try to get your phone to you faster. Get much better customer support if you bring it up there.

Yea I finally found it after searching "motorola forums" in google search. Oddly enough, the results yielded droid threads instead of an actual motorola forum link. Afterwords, I searched the forum for moto x and finally found a thread in the moto x section. I than clicked the moto x tag to get to the moto x forum section.

Last edited:

chad rodgers

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Chad -

ML

Still nothing. They called me this morning telling me the same thing. "Waiting on fed Ed". I told the lady that I would like some one to have it in their hands and tell me they see it and personally hand it to fed ex. Bad business to blame another company. Any help would be appreciated.

TonyStarks260

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Still nothing. They called me this morning telling me the same thing. "Waiting on fed Ed". I told the lady that I would like some one to have it in their hands and tell me they see it and personally hand it to fed ex. Bad business to blame another company. Any help would be appreciated.

Hey just so you know I have the same thing happening to me. It's built and "ready to release" apparently but they're waiting on fed ex. they really don't know what's going on since they couldn't explain why my screen protectors were picked up by fed ex and shipped but the phone wasn't even though it was a part of the same order. I did talk to a supervisor to try to get more info and ended up getting a 25$ google play gift card. But they gotta ship that too so at this rate I might get it next year haha.

moto_lurker

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
send me a private message w/ your order number. No guarantees, but I'll try to escalate.

Sorry for your experience.

- - - Updated - - -

send me a private message w/ your order number. No guarantees, but I'll try to escalate.

moto_lurker

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
In case anyone else is interested, you can get to the Motorola owner's forums using the link below:

https://forums.motorola.com/pages/home

Would suggest that as a good place to reach out to if you have certain issues you want to have heard. It's actively monitored. The Motorola leadership and employees have been encouraged to help escalate consumer issues and pain points . . . they really are listening, and they do care!

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
In case anyone else is interested, you can get to the Motorola owner's forums using the link below:

https://forums.motorola.com/pages/home

Would suggest that as a good place to reach out to if you have certain issues you want to have heard. It's actively monitored. The Motorola leadership and employees have been encouraged to help escalate consumer issues and pain points . . . they really are listening, and they do care!

Today I am a firm believer that motorola does care and listens. For the past two weeks I've been trying to order the phone by using motomaker, and have had problems purchasing the product. (I had a lot of problems with the designit card, and finding help activating an inactive sold product) Finally today with the help of Glenn, the director of customer services, I was able to order my customized phone and be able to purchase it. He guaranteed that the phone will ship asap with his supervision, and said if I have anymore questions or concerns to call him directly on his cell phone. He even had a key part fixed on the motomaker website to allow individuals like me to not worry about losing your grandfathered data plan when ordering the phone. Although it's been two rough weeks, I am happy and I can't wait to get my new moto x. thank you motorola.

moto_lurker

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Chad. I forwarded your info to one of our sr customer service people (well, I sent it to Matt)

Is your handle the name you used on the order?

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app