You know what scares me...where are the developers?

Subliminal

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Nowhere have I seen anyone even talking about unclocking/rooting the Verizon Moto X. I mean...it runs nice, but it would be nice to be able to use Titanium or whatever...

Anyway, anyone know anything I don't...just to restore my faith in humanity? :)

JungleLarry

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Head over to the xda developers forums. They currently have a pot of money pledged for the first person to root the AT&T version.

Subliminal

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I saw that thread, actually. But first it's for AT&T and second it's just people talking about offering money. I haven't seen any developers actually say a single thing about anything. Coming originally from the Thunderbolt, man there was a lot of chatter on the topic...then I moved to the S3 and man oh man there were developers everywhere. Now, notta...haven't seen a single one yet...and I miss them. It's like sleeping without a blanket or something. :(

- - - Updated - - -

That phone (Rogers) is unlockable...and while I'm jealous, it really doesn't seem to help at all. :)

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
I saw that thread, actually. But first it's for AT&T and second it's just people talking about offering money. I haven't seen any developers actually say a single thing about anything. Coming originally from the Thunderbolt, man there was a lot of chatter on the topic...then I moved to the S3 and man oh man there were developers everywhere. Now, notta...haven't seen a single one yet...and I miss them. It's like sleeping without a blanket or something. :(

- - - Updated - - -

That phone (Rogers) is unlockable...and while I'm jealous, it really doesn't seem to help at all. :)

In your original post you said that you were scared that nobody was talking about it. I'm just pointing out that there's plenty of talk.

Posted via Android Central App

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Nowhere have I seen anyone even talking about unclocking/rooting the Verizon Moto X. I mean...it runs nice, but it would be nice to be able to use Titanium or whatever...

Well, it's a Motorola phone with an encrypted bootloader. We should all know how this goes. I bought the X with full knowledge that I may not have root, and I'll probably never have an unlocked bootloader. Everyone with an X on Verizon should be prepared for that.

Subliminal

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't expect root, and I surely am prepared to live without it...but I'm just really surprised nobody (who has the ability to try and do anything about it) is even talking about it.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I don't think root is completely out of the question for the Verizon Moto X. I had the Droid X, which had an encrypted bootloader, and it got root. I do think unlocking the bootloader is a lost cause, though.

xpeacemaker

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Does that mean it will equally be a pain in the **** to get it into the bootloader? On the Droid X, you had to use an app to get it into the bootloader. That's a total bummer since you can't push files via abd.

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I don't expect root, and I surely am prepared to live without it...but I'm just really surprised nobody (who has the ability to try and do anything about it) is even talking about it.

As others have said XDA is the place to look for such discussions. I think another factor is that stock android is so good that not as many people feel the need for root. There is speculation that their will be Verizon developers version and Mot has already said the developers version will be unlocked.

JungleLarry

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
The Droid X also had much more support in the dev community than what I'm seeing from the Moto X. Perhaps Moto Blur was the incentive...

Sitting tight for the Developer Edition to be released.

tortex73

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
If you guys want to help draw some more developer attention, head over to xda and pledge some cash to help sweeten the pot!

KHWong0425

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I had the Atrix 4G on ATT when it first came out... back then I was disappointing when the lock BT.

2.5 years later, Moto still locked this BT due to ATT; but this time I was not disappointed; and rather prepared it would never be unlocked by devs... but im okay with it

why?

because for me, I just wanted a stock experience, and the Moto X is stock as far as I am concerned. A small bit of bloatware, and I have to see the annoying icon... but the phone is fast. I think most people wanted to root because to get away from Sense, TW, and Motoblur.... and the Moto X has no custom loader; thank God.

But if a locked BT is that big of a deal for the purchaser, then get a T-Mo verison/ a DEV edition, or wait for the next Nexus device.

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Don't really care about flashing Roms since stock is so good but I would like root eventually for titanium and root call blocker.

Sent from my Moto X

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair