I am currently trying to decide between the MAXX and the X (coming from the Bionic) on Verizon. I think both seem like great phones. The battery on the MAXX has me tempted, but the form factor of the X is awesome. I wish the X already had the 32GB option to even out that playing field. Maybe someday...

One question I had about the X has to do with the curved back that everyone loves so much for holding in your hand. If you place it on its back on a flat surface (especially a slippery one), do you notice it wobbling a lot if you touch the screen off to the sides? Or wobble/spin if you touch it towards the bottom? If it does wobble, does it bother you much or do you not even notice?

I had seen a video from geek.com:

(Look around the 1:20 mark) that shows it moving around quite a bit and that concerns me some, since I currently use my Bionic like that at times when it's on my desk and what not. I figured I would ask those of you who have been using the X for a while to see what you think.

Thanks in advance!
    09-05-2013 01:24 PM
    I've got to apply some real force to either end of the phone for it to 'wobble'. The phone sits beside my keyboard on my desk, and I'm not the gentlest typist, and it doesn't wobble a bit.
    tjfritton likes this.
    09-05-2013 01:29 PM
    I am currently trying to decide between the MAXX and the X (coming from the Bionic) on Verizon. I think both seem like great phones. The battery on the MAXX has me tempted, but the form factor of the X is awesome. I wish the X already had the 32GB option to even out that playing field. Maybe someday...

One question I had about the X has to do with the curved back that everyone loves so much for holding in your hand. If you place it on its back on a flat surface (especially a slippery one), do you notice it wobbling a lot if you touch the screen off to the sides? Or wobble/spin if you touch it towards the bottom? If it does wobble, does it bother you much or do you not even notice?

(Look around the 1:20 mark) that shows it moving around quite a bit and that concerns me some, since I currently use my Bionic like that at times when it's on my desk and what not. I figured I would ask those of you who have been using the X for a while to see what you think.

Thanks in advance!
    I can't speak for others, but I've never had any wobbling issues.
    Gamer_Radar and tjfritton like this.
    09-05-2013 01:29 PM
    I don't own an X, but I suppose the dimple prevents wobbling, although as shown in the video it would slide around more due to the curved back's lower contact surface with the table (less friction).
    09-05-2013 01:52 PM

Thanks in advance!
    It was a little bit but not too bad.

Posted via Android Central App
    tjfritton likes this.
    09-05-2013 01:57 PM
    I find the phone is more prone to spin than to wobble.

Sent from my Moto X
    Revampd and tjfritton like this.
    09-05-2013 01:59 PM
    Of course its got some wobble, it has a curved back

Posted via my awesome, longer lasting phone than yours aka droid MAXX
    09-05-2013 02:29 PM

Sent from my Moto X
    This

Sent from my Nexus 10
    09-05-2013 03:18 PM

Sent from my Moto X
    same here
    09-05-2013 03:30 PM
    I don't own an X, but I suppose the dimple prevents wobbling, although as shown in the video it would slide around more due to the curved back's lower contact surface with the table (less friction).
    The dimple is a non-factor with preventing the wobble. The back of the phone near the bottom is flattened out compared to the sharper angle of roll at the upper end near the camera. This gives it a triangular surface on which to rest. It's quite ingenious how they designed the curve on the back to modulate along the long axis to a deeper/steeper angle at the top. I liken it to how the B-2 Spirit stealth bomber was designed with the same concept of variable curvature (albeit for obviously very different reasons).
    radgatt likes this.
    09-05-2013 05:41 PM
    Weebles wobble but they don't fall down. I have read of people complaining it wobbles too much. I find any wobble to be minimal at best, certainly nothing that would make me hate the phone.
    09-05-2013 09:02 PM
    Thanks for all the replies!

I guess I can see spinning being more of an issue than wobbling, especially whenever you swipe side to side.

For those who have noticed the spinning, how much does it bother you?
    09-06-2013 07:21 AM
    Yeah, it wobbles a bit. But I don't find myself using one hand very much when it's sitting on my desk.
    Here's a quick video I just made - Judge for yourself. [26 seconds]

tjfritton and jrowe like this.
    09-06-2013 09:08 AM
    Yeah, it wobbles a bit. But I don't find myself using one hand very much when it's sitting on my desk.
    Here's a quick video I just made - Judge for yourself. [26 seconds]
    Thanks for the reply, and especially thanks for going through the extra effort to make a video! Truly appreciated!
    09-06-2013 09:28 AM
    Would a case make the wobble less?
    10-05-2013 10:47 PM
    Would a case make the wobble less?
    Not really. Most cases follow the same back curvature.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 4
    10-05-2013 11:00 PM
    it might wobble,but it wont fall down ha
    Johnly likes this.
    10-06-2013 08:31 PM
    it might wobble,but it wont fall down ha
    And it don't have gingerbread buttons! Ha HAA!

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk now Free
    davidnc likes this.
    10-06-2013 09:04 PM
    I just tried. Never really thought of it. It does a little, but settles into place quickly due to the indent of the Moto logo.

Sent from a Slim Tab 2.
    10-10-2013 11:40 PM
    The X naked does wobble. Incidentally, the case that I use eliminates the wobble. The phone is still prone to spinning, however.
    10-11-2013 01:08 AM
    Well, of course it spins - it's Moto-rized!

(Edit: Ok, I'm sorry - that was really, really bad!)
    10-11-2013 05:24 PM