09-13-2013 02:08 AM
64 123
tools
    Second, the signal is crazy good. I got a signal in the basement where I work. I got a signal in elevators. I got a signal at my Wife's work.
    To me this says you never had signal before in these places with other phones. If that's the case this could also be the cause of battery depletion. Your phone is using a lot more power to find and maintain a signal. It happens to me when I go up in the foothills. My Note 2 would not get a signal in certain places but my X will but at the cost of more battery.

Posted via Android Central App
    09-08-2013 11:34 AM
    No, it's a result of being on Sprint, which is the suq, and now being on AT&T.
    09-08-2013 11:49 AM
    Wow, it's a good thing I returned the phone.....

moto told me on Thursday that they would call me by 1600 EST to arrange the RMA. They did not call. I retund at 1800, I received an email on Friday at 2000 saying that the rep had to escalate the problem.

That's right, they wouldn't arrange an RMA. He had to get a higher department involved. The email said that they would call me on Monday.

On Saturday, I got the same email.

On Sunday I received an email saying that since they have not heard from me in 48 hours, they are marking the case resolved, and closed the case.

Go go Motorola customer service! I am glad I no longer have a Moto X, and will never buy one again. It's tempting to walk from Google completely now, and go iPhone. I hate Apple.
    09-08-2013 07:21 PM
    Wow, it's a good thing I returned the phone.....

moto told me on Thursday that they would call me by 1600 EST to arrange the RMA. They did not call. I retund at 1800, I received an email on Friday at 2000 saying that the rep had to escalate the problem.

That's right, they wouldn't arrange an RMA. He had to get a higher department involved. The email said that they would call me on Monday.

On Saturday, I got the same email.

On Sunday I received an email saying that since they have not heard from me in 48 hours, they are marking the case resolved, and closed the case.

Go go Motorola customer service! I am glad I no longer have a Moto X, and will never buy one again. It's tempting to walk from Google completely now, and go iPhone. I hate Apple.
    Don't be so quick to react. I would strongly advice speaking to your carrier and finding out what phones they can service and picking from that line. I know the Samung S4 seems to be serviced by the three major players: Verizon, Sprint, and AT&T.
    09-08-2013 07:48 PM
    Don't be so quick to react. I would strongly advice speaking to your carrier and finding out what phones they can service and picking from that line. I know the Samung S4 seems to be serviced by the three major players: Verizon, Sprint, and AT&T.
    No more Samsuck for this guy. 4 years of Galaxy, 5 days with Moto X, I see what folks say about TW being awful.
    09-08-2013 07:51 PM
    My phone has a defective speaker that works correctly when it wants. They sent me a new phone if my color choice before returning this one. I had to get charged the price of the phone but they give it back once this one touches down in Texas.

09-08-2013 08:08 PM
    No more Samsuck for this guy. 4 years of Galaxy, 5 days with Moto X, I see what folks say about TW being awful.
    You try an HTC One or One Mini yet? In my experience the One was much smoother than the GS4.

-Sent from my Droid Mini.-
    09-08-2013 08:09 PM
    My phone has a defective speaker that works correctly when it wants. They sent me a new phone if my color choice before returning this one. I had to get charged the price of the phone but they give it back once this one touches down in Texas.

Wow, they didn't offer that for me. That would have been great.
    09-08-2013 09:34 PM
    Moto has a long record of great hardware and horrible software. The horrible battery life may just be patchable, when they get around to it... someday. I had the same choice with my last Moto but I decided to go the other route and give up the superior hardware for a much more stable Nexus4. (Software stability with quick patches)
    09-11-2013 01:33 PM
    I've now returned both an X and a Droid Mini. Idle drain was just too high even with everything disabled. I had the Droid Mini setup EXACTLY the same as my One mini, and overnight the Droid lost 14% while the One mini lost only 3%. Approximately same signal strength for both, and better battery stats showed both were in deep sleep about 98% of the night. Moto X also had 10-15% idle drain per night. So I just can't justify or explain the idle drain on the Motorolas.

Really hope they fix it because otherwise I loved them.

Sent from my HTC One mini
    tonymhoffman likes this.
    09-11-2013 02:23 PM
    I've now returned both an X and a Droid Mini. Idle drain was just too high even with everything disabled. I had the Droid Mini setup EXACTLY the same as my One mini, and overnight the Droid lost 14% while the One mini lost only 3%. Approximately same signal strength for both, and better battery stats showed both were in deep sleep about 98% of the night. Moto X also had 10-15% idle drain per night. So I just can't justify or explain the idle drain on the Motorolas.

Really hope they fix it because otherwise I loved them.

So is your phone not plugged in at night. Not sure I see your problem.

09-12-2013 07:42 AM
    So is your phone not plugged in at night. Not sure I see your problem.

Problem is, high idle drain at night is indicative of high idle drain generally. It's harder to notice during the day when you are regularly using your phone so night is a good time to test it.

And yes, it's not a HUGE problem. It just shows that something is not optimized quite the way it should be and battery life, no matter how good, should be better if things were working like they should be.

High idle drain is never a desired feature of a phone--make no mistake about it.

09-12-2013 07:46 AM
    See, I do see the high idle drain.... But it really does not effect my daily use. I get to trade "high" idle drain for amazingly low use drain. My phone can drain 5%/hr, I don't care, I'm still getting 4 hours+ on screen time in a single charge over a 24 hour day - and I plug my phone in at night usually..

As for mr slave.. If you were not even able to get them to offer you an advanced RMA if you paid upfront, I would guess you haven't spent much time talking to service-people. There are ways of going about it which can yield good results.

I also think there might be something wrong with the reported battery levels on this phone. 100-70 drains much faster than 70-0. My idle drain almost always stops after i reach 70%. Might want to check into that also.
    09-12-2013 09:05 AM
    And I'm glad that you are no longer lashing out and calling people liars when they are telling you that the Moto X has great battery life. Like I said, I have everything turned on. All location services, google now, assist, moto connect and even the moto location for lost phones. Bluetooth is off. Honestly my times are almost identical on WiFi or LTE. Heck I have google now notifying me on how much I walked in August.....not sure why but it is. Llama manages my Wifi. If you do a factory reset and start all over again and still have crap battery times then exchange it. The Moto X is really the best Android out right now. In my opinion.
    You have both location reporting and location history enabled?
    09-13-2013 02:08 AM
64 123