Sorry Guys, my Moto is going back....

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
First is first, this is great phone. I actually got the Moto camera to take a decent picture. Took a lot of practice, as in a few hundred pictures, but the camera is serviceable for folks not worried about awesome photos. I am not, my pics are for Facebook, Instagram, etc.

Second, the signal is crazy good. I got a signal in the basement where I work. I got a signal in elevators. I got a signal at my Wife's work. I love it. No dropped calls. I can hear everyone loud and clear.

Third, the size! Whoa, looks like the phone should be bigger, the screen is that good. The phone fits inside of the dimensions of my S3's screen. Can't tell it's in my scrub pockets.

Fourth through one hundredth....... It's liquid smooth. This is what all Android should want to be.

Why is it going back? THE BATTERY BLOWS. Today, I am down to 74% in 8 hours, only 10 minutes of screen time, no blue tooth, no streaming, no email syncing, nothing. I have given it 5 power cycles now. The battery is not improving. I paid for GSam Pro. No wake-locks. The battery just can not handle it.

Grant82 says he gets 6 hours of screen time, I get about 2.5-3 hours worth, tops. It's closer to 2-2.5 hours worth. It's the same on Wifi or 4G. this phone has not helped my battery anxiety, so it is going back. /sigh. I guess I have to pay for a brick and get the G2. No Touchwhiz for this dude. I am an AT&T guy now, so no droid Maxx.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
That def seems below average but with nothing running or sync'ing it should be higher.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
Actually I said that I am routinely getting between 6 and 8 hours of screen time with my Moto X per charge and on day six the trend continues. Here are a couple of parting screen shots that I just took, just for you....
First is first, this is great phone. I actually got the Moto camera to take a decent picture. Took a lot of practice, as in a few hundred pictures, but the camera is serviceable for folks not worried about awesome photos. I am not, my pics are for Facebook, Instagram, etc.

Second, the signal is crazy good. I got a signal in the basement where I work. I got a signal in elevators. I got a signal at my Wife's work. I love it. No dropped calls. I can hear everyone loud and clear.

Third, the size! Whoa, looks like the phone should be bigger, the screen is that good. The phone fits inside of the dimensions of my S3's screen. Can't tell it's in my scrub pockets.

Fourth through one hundredth....... It's liquid smooth. This is what all Android should want to be.

Why is it going back? THE BATTERY BLOWS. Today, I am down to 74% in 8 hours, only 10 minutes of screen time, no blue tooth, no streaming, no email syncing, nothing. I have given it 5 power cycles now. The battery is not improving. I paid for GSam Pro. No wake-locks. The battery just can not handle it.

Grant82 says he gets 6 hours of screen time, I get about 2.5-3 hours worth, tops. It's closer to 2-2.5 hours worth. It's the same on Wifi or 4G. this phone has not helped my battery anxiety, so it is going back. /sigh. I guess I have to pay for a brick and get the G2. No Touchwhiz for this dude. I am an AT&T guy now, so no droid Maxx.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-09-05-15-36-49.png
    Screenshot_2013-09-05-15-36-49.png
    85.7 KB · Views: 288
  • Screenshot_2013-09-05-15-36-44.png
    Screenshot_2013-09-05-15-36-44.png
    140.1 KB · Views: 285

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Actually I said that I am routinely getting between 6 and 8 hours of screen time with my Moto X per charge and on day six the trend continues. Here are a couple of parting screen shots that I just took, just for you....

I am glad you are getting decent screen time. My screen time is the suck.

phositadc

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I agree that battery life is not what I had hoped, but I still think it's comparable to other flagship phones. In all the screenshots I see people seem to be having unusually high android OS usage. On phones I had in the past it was never more than 5% or so and usually was like the fourth or fifth item on the battery list. On the X, android OS is frequently double digits and is almost always second in usage behind screen. In my experience that is not normal nor is it ideal.

I returned mine too, but because I prefer the size of the droid mini. Consider giving it a try. Or wait for the dev edition of the X. Maybe it would be better without all the bloat ware.

-Sent from my Droid Mini.-

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
And I'm glad that you are no longer lashing out and calling people liars when they are telling you that the Moto X has great battery life. Like I said, I have everything turned on. All location services, google now, assist, moto connect and even the moto location for lost phones. Bluetooth is off. Honestly my times are almost identical on WiFi or LTE. Heck I have google now notifying me on how much I walked in August.....not sure why but it is. Llama manages my Wifi. If you do a factory reset and start all over again and still have crap battery times then exchange it. The Moto X is really the best Android out right now. In my opinion.
I am glad you are getting decent screen time. My screen time is the suck.

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Here is two for you guys. Phone is pretty much in standby. Screen is set on Auto. This is 10 hours in, 30 minutes of sceen time.....

Screenshot_2013-09-05-16-53-58[1].png
70558-pJOfl5iZl6Krk6CV-1.png
70559-pJOfl5iZl6Krk6CV-2.png
Screenshot_2013-09-05-16-53-58[1].png
70561-pJOfl5iZl6Krk6CV-4.png
70562-pJOfl5iZl6Krk6CV-5.png

Attachments

• 70559-pJOfl5iZl6Krk6CV-2.png
    70559-pJOfl5iZl6Krk6CV-2.png
    64.5 KB · Views: 839
  • 70560-pJOfl5iZl6Krk6CV-3.png
    70560-pJOfl5iZl6Krk6CV-3.png
    65.3 KB · Views: 841
  • 70561-pJOfl5iZl6Krk6CV-4.png
    70561-pJOfl5iZl6Krk6CV-4.png
    53 KB · Views: 839
  • 70562-pJOfl5iZl6Krk6CV-5.png
    70562-pJOfl5iZl6Krk6CV-5.png
    33.8 KB · Views: 843

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
All the bloat ware on the Moto X? The Moto X is not bloated like your mini, you understand that right?
I agree that battery life is not what I had hoped, but I still think it's comparable to other flagship phones. In all the screenshots I see people seem to be having unusually high android OS usage. On phones I had in the past it was never more than 5% or so and usually was like the fourth or fifth item on the battery list. On the X, android OS is frequently double digits and is almost always second in usage behind screen. In my experience that is not normal nor is it ideal.

I returned mine too, but because I prefer the size of the droid mini. Consider giving it a try. Or wait for the dev edition of the X. Maybe it would be better without all the bloat ware.

phositadc

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
The Verizon version had more bloat than the AT&T version broseph. Settle down.

And yes I agree the Mini has more.

Edit: didn't know the OP was on AT&T.

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
And I'm glad that you are no longer lashing out and calling people liars when they are telling you that the Moto X has great battery life. Like I said, I have everything turned on. All location services, google now, assist, moto connect and even the moto location for lost phones. Bluetooth is off. Honestly my times are almost identical on WiFi or LTE. Heck I have google now notifying me on how much I walked in August.....not sure why but it is. Llama manages my Wifi. If you do a factory reset and start all over again and still have crap battery times then exchange it. The Moto X is really the best Android out right now. In my opinion.

I am not lashing out. O still haven't seen a 6 hour screen time photo. I am sure, I should get more than 2 hours though.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
You posted this two days ago, sounded like lashing out to me. "Post it, it's that easy. If you don't post it, it flat out did not happen. It's not even hard to post, and is super easy to prove. I am calling you a liar until you actually post the screen shot.

We don't need fanbois exaggerating facts. Let the phone sell it self. There is no way this thing gets 6-8 hours of screen time with this battery.

It is a very nice phone, and I really enjoy it, my favorite phone so far, I just refuse to even entertain bull****. 6-8 hours, put up those screen shots, or stop lying."
I am not lashing out. O still haven't seen a 6 hour screen time photo. I am sure, I should get more than 2 hours though.

guesswhat_567

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
may be you should get a replacement ..I consistently get screen times between 4:30 to 5:30 hrs, with my usage patterns, and most of the people who used the phones seemed to be satisfied with the battery life ..may be you just got a device with under performing battery.
Bloatware? No. Moto is pretty damn clean from bloatware.

asylvia

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
look at your Android OS vs Grant's. any idea why this is so high? it is really high on mine as well......

- - - Updated - - -

currently i'm at 62% with 11 hour on time, and only 50 minutes screen time.......

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I wonder about the Android OS percentage. Mine is high like the OP but, I do have more screen time. I'm at 72% after 7hrs and 46 minutes off the charger and 1hr and 7 min. screen time. I really like this phone but, admit I'm disappointed in the battery. I'm think about factory resettting and seeing it that helps. Before today, Android OS wasn't this high in percentage.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech