Got the phone yesterday & love it!

I am getting a concern though. Yesterday my speaker phone didn't work until I restarted my phone..

Tonight, my speaker made a loud pop noise and stopped working until I locked and unlocked the phone.. ignored it as something minor..then again just now it made and even louder pop..should I wait for the thing to go out? Or call and send it back? Will they even take back a custom one off contract?

Posted via Android Central App
    09-06-2013 02:29 AM
    I would think, contract or not, it's a defect in the phone, that is out of your control. If they have any customer service skills at all, they will take it back. You paid a boat load of money for this phone, they better take it back.
    09-06-2013 04:29 AM
    I would think, contract or not, it's a defect in the phone, that is out of your control. If they have any customer service skills at all, they will take it back. You paid a boat load of money for this phone, they better take it back.
    I talked to them this morning. They want me to try a hard reset on the phone first. If it continues she said call back and we will begin the process for replacement.

Not the end of the world to me, just wanna make sure I have a phone that's not defective so it has resale value when that time comes

09-06-2013 12:23 PM
    You are talking to an overseas service that is just reading out of a manual. The call after yours could be for a broken microwave oven.
    I talked to them this morning. They want me to try a hard reset on the phone first. If it continues she said call back and we will begin the process for replacement.

Not the end of the world to me, just wanna make sure I have a phone that's not defective so it has resale value when that time comes

09-06-2013 12:51 PM
    Well she's going back. Speaker phone hardly works and it changes volumes when it pleases.

They gave me two options. Get a RMA and ship phone back..

Or buy a new moto through moto maker and when my phone touches down in texas they will credit my account back. That way I have a phone in the mean time.

Just placed order for new one. Different color this time haha. Cement back gets dirty easy

09-06-2013 05:32 PM
    Apple told my wife the same thing about the reset when her battery got fried. lol, I was like well she would reset if the phone turned on. You gotta love outsourcing!
    09-07-2013 07:57 AM
    Apple told my wife the same thing about the reset when her battery got fried. lol, I was like well she would reset if the phone turned on. You gotta love outsourcing!
    Haha it gets better..

Apparently they send a coupon code out to purchase a new phone to replace the defect..That coupon is worth $627. The guy on the phone told me to log back into Moto maker and buy a new phone using my CC information, when that phone arrives use the RMA shipping label to send defect back. So that's what I did, and drove to a grant meeting. Came home to a 1200$ hold on my accounts.

I was suppose to use the coupon I wasn't told I would receive haha. So now I'm jumping hoops with non American tech support trying to get escalated. They want me to use the coupon still. I told them I'm not using that so you can justify 1200, then calling back to go through a whole return process on the cc ordered phone. I just want them to cancel the coupon worth 627 heh.

09-07-2013 10:25 AM
    OMG!!! soooo anoying!! I feel for you man.
    09-07-2013 01:20 PM