A mind of its own...

bandityo

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately I can say mines been doing same. Took out of my pocket and saw it had called my brother in law for two minutes without me doing anything and a random text.

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

phositadc

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Active notifications are freaking awesome when they work as advertised, but if this pocket crap is happening to even a small percentage of users, that's pretty unacceptable. Great idea, but perhaps they should've just gone with the tried, true, and well-loved multicolor notification LED!

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Active notifications are freaking awesome when they work as advertised, but if this pocket crap is happening to even a small percentage of users, that's pretty unacceptable.

Yeah, some of these problems are pretty bad and are happening to a fair amount of people even here. The proximity sensor, the ?phone gone wild? in pants and words being cut off. As well as a number with what appears to be a weak battery.

I?m really hoping mine has none of these but clearly many people have at least one.

mazzmoney95

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
i had gravity screen on my n4 along with dynamic notifications and it does happen often (when I let my phone turn itself off in my pocket). Proximity sensors just aren't perfect and I'm surprised that is the only way the phone knows if the phone is in your pocket.

hokiesteve

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I just wanted to drop an update to this thread. Since exchanging for a new device, I have not had this issue anymore.

Posted via Android Central App

mcelmeel17

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday my Moto X was in my pocket while riding around a bumpy golf course with Active Notifications turned on. I heard a different ringtone coming from my phone and found it on the ringtone changing screen. Later I checked the time and somehow it had switched to 24-hour time. My only explanation is these things happened somehow through Active Notifications, so I turned it off. Any ideas? (I've had no other issues, love the phone!)

My nexus 4 started doing what you are describing just recently. That and I hear the sound of Google now activating after I swear that I turned off my screen...weird.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21