Moto X: How long does it take you to charge your battery?

anotherfiz

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Topic says it all - I was at 4% last night and charged my battery to full. it only took 90 mins. This seems extremely fast, and even anandtech said it should take at least 2:30... Does this mean I have an only partially working battery?

Last edited by a moderator:

anotherfiz

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: How long does it take you to charge your battery?

ipad 2 charger - but I thought anandtech accounted for a full 2.5a charger in their review. the stock charger seems slow at charging.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site

Topic says it all - I was at 4% last night and charged my battery to full. it only took 90 mins. This seems extremely fast, and even anandtech said it should take at least 2:30... Does this mean I have an only partially working battery?

Sounds about right for me although I haven't run mine down that low yet.

Posted via Android Central App

duke1231

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site

I have the stock charger, but it seems to take forever, unlike when I would charge my 4s.

CellGuy

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site

I use a different charger all the time but mine charges fast!

theobject

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site

I was down to 26% this morning and it took about an hour to charge with the stock charger.

howdydoesit

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site

I'm also getting fast charge times. Haven't actually timed it but it is really noticeably quick. Although, I am having weird issues with the phone powering off before the battery even reads low. I posted about that if anyone's having a similar issue.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk 4

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site

Mine charges at least twice as fast as my bionic used to. I'd say about 2 hours from empty to full which is super quick to me

Sent from my XT1060

tortex73

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site

Mine charged in about a hour to hour and half. Take this as advice, if it charges fast; it drains fast.

I spent the day deliberately trying to drain the battery completely. It took 9 hrs with 6 1/2 hrs of intense screen time. Gaming, videos, repeated benchmarking, downloading huge files, on full screen brightness.... I could have killed my S4 in half that time. It only took just over an hour and a half to fully charge from 0%. So yes, it charges very fast but it certainly doesn't drain fast. I can go almost 2 full days with normal use. Never had a phone last this long before.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Be careful with letting the battery get too low, it's really not good for li-on batteries to get too low.

rulucki2

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site

i just got my moto x and it's been charging for over 10 hours and is only at 90%. it doesnt seem to ever go over 90%. i am using the charger that came with the phone. this seems extremely slow. does anyone know how long it should take? I think i might have an issue with my phone.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Depends how low it gets.But avg. around 2 hrs.

sent from Moto X

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site

Definitely not as quick as my Nexus 5, but it certainly isn't a slouch.

MotoX_newbie

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site

Hi, when i got my new phone, it was about 50-60% and it took maybe 1.5-2hrs charging via wall socket to get to 100%....but then i lost my stock USB (white) cable that came with the Moto X. So i got a replacement micro USB cable temporarily as I didnt want my charge to get down very low...

Now from 35% to 92% it has been charging from almost 6 hrs...the plug-in the wall charging point is the same, only the USB cable is different....would the USB cable make this much of a differnce in charging time or is it a battery issue? can anyone comment?

tmann202

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

If the cable is a low rated cable it can take super long time to charge. You want to get a stock charger or one that has the correct amps.

I find these white Samsung chargers to be great and have long cord.
ETA U90JWE 2A Samsung Galaxy Note 2 S4 s IV Home Wall Charger USB Cable | eBay

I think he meant that he still has the charger and just replaced the removable USB cord, which I don't think should affect it. If he replaced the charging part that plugs into the wall also, that could definitely affect it.

Regarding the thread, if you charge from a computer it will almost definitely take significantly longer than with a wall charger. And not all wall chargers are the same. The higher the amp output, the quicker it will charge.

MotoX_newbie

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site

I think he meant that he still has the charger and just replaced the removable USB cord, which I don't think should affect it. If he replaced the charging part that plugs into the wall also, that could definitely affect it.

Regarding the thread, if you charge from a computer it will almost definitely take significantly longer than with a wall charger. And not all wall chargers are the same. The higher the amp output, the quicker it will charge.

Yes, i meant just that, I do have the stock white charger and the only thing I replaced was the USB cable. Unless I transfer files to the Moto X via USB, I dont charge that way. I charge it in a wall point. That being said, I have had it only for less than a week. I will try with a Motorola OEM cable. If the issue persists, then that would only mean something wrong with the battery, wouldnt it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12