Got the Moto X today and here are a few of my observations re comparing it to the S4.

1. The ATT contact address book is very poor. I downloaded Contacts + which kind of emulates the S4 book, but not quite as nice, but still very good.

2. The Google calendar app on the Moto X doesn't give a good month display, you get just blue squares and have to enlarge them. I downloaded aCalendar, which emulates the Google Calendar app on the S4 and shows all the events in the month with small print.

3. Haven't figured out how to get rid of the transparent Google search app at the top of the homescreen. Very annoying.

4. Bluetooth works well in the car, same as the S4.

5. Display is quite good. You don't notice a quality difference unless you really search for it.

6. Phone is speedy, same as the S4

7. Camera is adequate. If I need really good shots, I use my point and shoot.

8. Call quality is excellent, perhaps a notch above the S4.

9. Ergonomically, it fits into the hand very nicely. S4 is a little big, but doable.

10. Not a gamer, sorry, but it should do fine.

11. Don't have a full battery read yet, but it looks pretty good.

12. Had to download a battery app to see battery percentage. S4 can do it in settings.
    09-07-2013 08:16 PM
    1. Isn't there a stock contacts app though? I don't think anyone uses the AT&T one. I don't know, never used AT&T.

2. Google Calender should be the same on all devices. Comparing stock calenders, or G. Cal vs the stock one?

3. Launchers. Like Nova, or Apex. Still stock look, and you still get the Moto X features, I believe.

12. Welcome to the rest of the non-Samsung/Apple world.
    grenefroggie likes this.
    09-07-2013 09:14 PM
    1. Isn't there a stock contacts app though? I don't think anyone uses the AT&T one. I don't know, never used AT&T.

2. Google Calender should be the same on all devices. Comparing stock calenders, or G. Cal vs the stock one?

3. Launchers. Like Nova, or Apex. Still stock look, and you still get the Moto X features, I believe.

12. Welcome to the rest of the non-Samsung/Apple world.
    +1 i wanted to post this but was lazy
    tonymhoffman likes this.
    09-07-2013 09:27 PM
    Got the Moto X today and here are a few of my observations re comparing it to the S4.

1. The ATT contact address book is very poor. I downloaded Contacts + which kind of emulates the S4 book, but not quite as nice, but still very good.

2. The Google calendar app on the Moto X doesn't give a good month display, you get just blue squares and have to enlarge them. I downloaded aCalendar, which emulates the Google Calendar app on the S4 and shows all the events in the month with small print.

3. Haven't figured out how to get rid of the transparent Google search app at the top of the homescreen. Very annoying.

4. Bluetooth works well in the car, same as the S4.

5. Display is quite good. You don't notice a quality difference unless you really search for it.

6. Phone is speedy, same as the S4

7. Camera is adequate. If I need really good shots, I use my point and shoot.

8. Call quality is excellent, perhaps a notch above the S4.

9. Ergonomically, it fits into the hand very nicely. S4 is a little big, but doable.

10. Not a gamer, sorry, but it should do fine.

11. Don't have a full battery read yet, but it looks pretty good.

12. Had to download a battery app to see battery percentage. S4 can do it in settings.
    For 12 just a two finger swipe on notification bar will show you battery percentage

Posted via Android Central App
    dajobo likes this.
    09-07-2013 09:35 PM
    For 12 just a two finger swipe on notification bar will show you battery percentage

Awesome I didn't know that. Cool.

09-07-2013 09:44 PM

I sorta of wish the phones were as same as the tablets, swipe on the left for noti, swipe down on the right for settings. Having to use two fingers seems eh, i dont know, havent used it.
    Vitalidad likes this.
    09-07-2013 09:48 PM
    I sorta of wish the phones were as same as the tablets, swipe on the left for noti, swipe down on the right for settings. Having to use two fingers seems eh, i dont know, havent used it.
    Second that!

09-08-2013 12:35 AM