Voice cutting out on other end of call

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I'll be happy to get one that seems closer to the regular recipient's problem issue , then I'd feel good about my chances of a good fix with the update, I very much look forward to it. Moto I think just got a little carried away with the noise cancelation stuff maybe, I have every faith that the update will be a great improvement.

Posted via Android Central App

josephz2va

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I've been having similar issues but most of my calls are on Google voice with moto x. I was talking with my cable company and they asked me to speak up as the call was breaking up.

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
If you look up my posts I ranted ad nauseam in the G2 forums about going through 3 bad G2's and verizon doesn't have a clue what's going on with it but prob is on multiple carriers. Get digital screeching and chirping and stuff on speaker (receiving). Very loud. Get other types of weird distortions too like decoding errors. Happens in good or bad signal (but perhaps a little more in bad) and happens all through a call. If it decides to happen it'll happen near beginning, otherwise it won't and you'll have a clear call all through. That was my experience. Verizon manager said he'd never heard anything like it before on a cell phone. Makes it nearly impossible to have a conversation. Apparently only some people get this to happen. Other thing is 2nd phone I returned after a few hours because it overheated too easily.
First you say if the screeching happens, it happens at the beginning of the call and the rest of the call is fine. Then you say because of the screeching it's impossible to have a conversation. How is it impossible to have a conversation if the screeching only happens at the very beginning of the call?

Granch

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
i haven't heard anyone on Rogers chime in with this issue. a possibility on an assembled in china versus an assembled in USA issue?

I can verify that Rogers has this issue. My Moto X has it bad. I just tried talking to a Motorola rep online who told me that his research doesn't show that this is a known issue and that he recommends that I send the phone in for evaluation and repair. My return policy ends this weekend and as much as I love the phone, I can't justify keeping it as is. The sad part is that I already carrier unlocked the phone so that I could switch to Bell but since Bell doesn't carry the Moto X, I won't get OTA update if I switch. It's a lose-lose situation for me. :'(

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
First you say if the screeching happens, it happens at the beginning of the call and the rest of the call is fine. Then you say because of the screeching it's impossible to have a conversation. How is it impossible to have a conversation if the screeching only happens at the very beginning of the call?

[Talking about G2 here, we diverted] Let me rephrase then. If the problem decides to show itself, it'll happen from the start of a call and through the call. Otherwise if you're fortunate you will have a completely clear call. It can be that you do one call from same location, works fine, hang up, call right back, and this time it's messed up. Sometimes it takes many calls before I can reproduce it. Seems to have something to do with how the call is set up.

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I can verify that Rogers has this issue. My Moto X has it bad. I just tried talking to a Motorola rep online who told me that his research doesn't show that this is a known issue and that he recommends that I send the phone in for evaluation and repair. My return policy ends this weekend and as much as I love the phone, I can't justify keeping it as is. The sad part is that I already carrier unlocked the phone so that I could switch to Bell but since Bell doesn't carry the Moto X, I won't get OTA update if I switch. It's a lose-lose situation for me. :'(

You should have got his phone number and called him so he can hear it for himself. I did that with the verizon tech and she said yeah, it's busted. I really wonder how Motorola could not be aware of this problem by now. If that's the case and you believe what Motorola rep said, this OTA that everyone is begging for isn't going to fix it.

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I've been having similar issues but most of my calls are on Google voice with moto x. I was talking with my cable company and they asked me to speak up as the call was breaking up.

Do we think that using google voice also uses the noise cancellation feature? I think the only fix in the update is to change noise cancellation parameters for choppy audio. Can I clarify that you're saying with google voice it's bad? And with cellular it's good? Or other way round?

Granch

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Has there been any confirmation that the update actually fixes the audio issue? All i've been able to find are people talking about how much the camera has improved.

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
The silence is deafening. As for me i still wouldn't know if its fixed. See post 205. Nothing has changed.
You'll know it's fixed after you click on the download box that will automatically pop up on your device screen once Sprint pushes the update out to you. Until then there will be deafening silence. At least from Sprint.

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
i can now confirm that 90% of my calls cut out regardless of how much reception i have. verizon wont do anything about it, they keep wanting to do hard resets. im out of the 14 day loop, they wont exchange the phone. i dont have time to go in store and throw a fit as they may be able to exchange it, but for what? i dont want any of the other phones available.

this is a fail on motorola's part for not pushing a real fix ASAP. srsly, who gives a crap about camera? buy a darn digital camera if u want real pics. thats like people saying theyre an amazing chef with a microwave.

Ambull

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
You'll know it's fixed after you click on the download box that will automatically pop up on your device screen once Sprint pushes the update out to you. Until then there will be deafening silence. At least from Sprint.

Tomorrow will be one week of silence.... still no update for me..

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
This may not prove anything with my sample set being small but 3/3 AT&T demo units I tried all sound good in store (i.e. 3 different stores). 2/2 verizon demo units in store sounded bad (or marginal, certainly not as good as the AT&T ones). Geographic location has no apparent influence (I tested locally, and I went to a mall about 15 miles away and tested verizon and at&t in same mall). Plus, AT&T phones all had more comfortable vibrate (smoother, less intense haptic feedback on stock keyboard).

It could be AT&T actually tests their demo phones first before putting them on the floor. So again this may not mean anything. I know people also have problems on AT&T but I find this interesting anyway. I do wonder if verizon has a worse or more frequent of a problem or not. Too hard to tell from forum posts. Again to be clear, I call my voicemail, record message, and play it back on a landline and compare quality and loudness. Verizon are all quieter and harder to understand. If I was able to buy the working AT&T phone and put on verizon I would be happy.

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
The silence is deafening. As for me i still wouldn't know if its fixed. See post 205. Nothing has changed.

Someone in diff thread on here got the T-Mobile update and confirmed it fixed the problem. However, I don't think any of us knows until the update is pushed to us. Hopefully sooner than later because my phone calls still cut out

giftedmd

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I have t mobile version as well with update. Updated as soon as I got the phone so nothing to compare it to but no one has complained about voice cutting out. Call quality in general has been great.

Someone in diff thread on here got the T-Mobile update and confirmed it fixed the problem. However, I don't think any of us knows until the update is pushed to us. Hopefully sooner than later because my phone calls still cut out

Brady KEITH

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
bye. i'm going back to iOS.

meh...i'll miss android...but i'm welcoming the "it just works" iOS user mentality.

l8r sk8rs.

Last edited:

clankfu

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
i2xF9TYkwObs0.gif

Ambull

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
bye. i'm going back to iOS.

meh...i'll miss android...but i'm welcoming the "it just works" iOS user mentality.

Please leave the door cracked open for me in case I need to get in... I have avoided apple like the plague since the day the first one was released. Never wanted to be one of those 'apple drones' like the masses... but ya know what? Anyone that I know who has them it sure as hell does seem like "it just works" for them. I almost fell off my chair in a meeting the other day at work when the person next to me iphone started vibrating on the table due to receiving a call. The room we were in is called "the brick room" because of lack of reception. So I asked her, "is that some sort of a notification?"(thinking she couldn't possible have a call), and she put out a one moment finger to me, and then she picked up the phone and said "hello?" , that was the point where i fell off said chair... i WANT a phone that works like that...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tgksnow