12-27-2014 12:34 PM
266 1234 ...
tools
    wow, this is terrible. are there people that AREN'T experiencing this?
    09-11-2013 06:17 PM
    I'm sorry to report that I'm having the exact same problem with my Verizon Moto X. The phone I have definitely needs to be returned. The only question is do I try another one or just get the HTC One. This is very disappointing.
    09-11-2013 11:15 PM
    wow, this is terrible. are there people that AREN'T experiencing this?
    I tested my moto x today and haven't had any problem. However, I am wondering what would happen if I called someone with a similar voice as my voice; would the noise canceling microphone that is next to the phone speaker cancel my sound from all noise canceling microphones for a call? For example, I called my brother and he spoke non-stop; would he hear me if I tried to interrupt while he is speaking?

Posted via Android Central App
    09-11-2013 11:49 PM
    I have gotten the 32gb replacement phone and have not experienced this problem again as of yet. I do also use this as a phone. I will keep a close eye on this and post my findings.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 4
    09-12-2013 08:17 AM
    i am having this exact issue!!! I thought it was my car's bluetooth but i had this happening while on bluetooth and while not. And also had this intermittently while on calls and in different locations, but always had at least 3-4 bars.

On the phone with verizon tech support, will update in a few
    09-12-2013 12:16 PM
    yikes, this is not good at all. anyone experiencing this with Rogers? i'm almost scared to buy this phone now, seems like a pretty widespread issue.
    09-12-2013 01:19 PM
    talked to Melvin at Verizon Tech Support and he had me cycle the phone a few times. Then he called me on the Moto X to test the voice cutting in and out, unfortunately the issue did not happen. But it did occur on the very next phone call i made.

Next steps - he is calling me back in a few hours to test again to see if we can re-create the issues.

Support so far has been very positive!!! Fingers crossed for a solution.
    09-12-2013 01:36 PM
    keep us posted.
    09-12-2013 02:10 PM
    First, let it be known that I love this phone. The biggest supporter of it besides Guy Kawasaki. With that said, the voice cutting out issues is very real and a pain for anyone that uses it as a phone. I had the issue with both a custom AT&T Moto X and now with the Verizon variant. I keep swapping the sims between it and an HTC One. Each time my wife can tell which phone I am using due to the Moto cutting out and not the One. I am going to reset the phone and see if that helps. Has anyone tried cutting off Touchless Control to see if that helps?
    09-12-2013 03:09 PM
    yikes, this is not good at all. anyone experiencing this with Rogers? i'm almost scared to buy this phone now, seems like a pretty widespread issue.
    Me too, I was about to head to AT&T for my upgrade but yikes indeed. Does anyone know the "cycle" in the manufacturing of phones? As in if we wait a month(or two, or three etc), a new batch may be out, and the problem fixed?
    09-12-2013 03:26 PM
    Was worried about this issue, but tried calling a landline and 2 different cellphones yesterday and today, with no problems at all. I'd call it a fluke but many of you have mentioned different carriers, so it might be a bad batch.
    09-12-2013 04:16 PM
    Well they are putting out 100,000 per week so.....I would say to call Tech Support and ask but....well, you know.
    Was worried about this issue, but tried calling a landline and 2 different cellphones yesterday and today, with no problems at all. I'd call it a fluke but many of you have mentioned different carriers, so it might be a bad batch.
    09-12-2013 04:18 PM
    Man I was going to upgrade because ive heard nothing but good things about call quality on both ends. I would be using for my business so customers HAVE to hear me. Well I cant upgrade until early Nov. So hoping in gets resolved. All other phone out right now do nothing for my

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    09-12-2013 04:19 PM
    I swapped out my Moto X for a new one late yesterday and this one doesn't seem to be any better. In fact, it may be a tad worse when it comes to over all voice quality.
    09-12-2013 04:25 PM
    I'm sorry to report that I'm having the exact same problem with my Verizon Moto X. The phone I have definitely needs to be returned. The only question is do I try another one or just get the HTC One. This is very disappointing.
    Same here, Verizon Moto X as well. I absolutely love the phone otherwise, but my job includes about 2 hours of talk time every day and this is just not acceptable.
    09-12-2013 04:25 PM
    Are all the people who are having problems on Verizon? Trying to find a common denominator here.

Sent from my Moto X
    09-12-2013 05:20 PM
    Are all the people who are having problems on Verizon? Trying to find a common denominator here.

Sent from my Moto X
    I'm on Verizon and haven't had this issue yet. I have hours of talk time to moto tech support and the phone has been flawless so far.

Posted via Android Central App
    09-12-2013 05:23 PM
    I'm having the same issue with a Verizon Moto X, on my second phone. First call from my wife and it cut out just like the first one. So far it has only happened when talking to my wife on her cell. We are both on Verizon. I've talked to other people on mobile and land lines with no problem. I hope there is a fix I love this phone.
    09-12-2013 08:18 PM
    On Verizon and I am noticing that the cutting out is worse when there is back ground noise. Went in a quiet room and there was no cutting out but as soon as I was out doors the cutting out got very bad. I have been able to reproduce this a few times. I will be taking the phone back tomorrow and asking for a new one, fingers crossed I just got a dud. Other than the cutting out this phone is great.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4
    09-12-2013 08:56 PM
    Att on my second phone and its back to cutting out while I am on calls. Must be a software issue with the noise canceling mic because it only happens when I walk around. What good is a mobile phone if u can't move.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 4
    09-12-2013 10:40 PM
    I'm also on my second Moto X with the exact same issue with both of tehm where I cut out to the other person on their end. Just for kicks I called Motorola directly and they ran me through several troubleshooting steps with involved rebooting into safe mode and then back to normal mode. Then they had me delete one app that I didn't need right now. It didn't seem to matter to them which one. His comment was to monitor for a few days to see if it was still doing it. I asked the question to see if Motorola was aware of this particular issue with the Moto X and he said he wasn't allowed to comment on whether they were aware of it or not. hmmmmm...
    09-13-2013 11:19 AM
    im just starting to encounter this issue (im on verizon) i have full reception everywhere i go so i know its not the service but the actual phone itself because the people i talk to keep saying every other word cuts out. i called verizon to report this. the associate told me they are starting to notice the rise of this issue with this phone and that the way they have been able to resolve it (which i havent seen anyone else mention here) is she took me into the settings, more, mobile networks, network mode, and changed it from gobal (which is set by default) to lte/cdma. she said this should fix the issue as its done for others, test it out for 24/48 hrs. if it continues, to call back and theyll exchange it.

i will post back by sunday and let you guys know what happened. for those who are having this issue, have u already tried this method? if not, try it and see if it works.
    09-13-2013 12:42 PM
    Same problem here as well. Verizon user. Sending the phone back for a replacement.
    09-13-2013 12:53 PM
    im just starting to encounter this issue (im on verizon) i have full reception everywhere i go so i know its not the service but the actual phone itself because the people i talk to keep saying every other word cuts out. i called verizon to report this. the associate told me they are starting to notice the rise of this issue with this phone and that the way they have been able to resolve it (which i havent seen anyone else mention here) is she took me into the settings, more, mobile networks, network mode, and changed it from gobal (which is set by default) to lte/cdma. she said this should fix the issue as its done for others, test it out for 24/48 hrs. if it continues, to call back and theyll exchange it.

i will post back by sunday and let you guys know what happened. for those who are having this issue, have u already tried this method? if not, try it and see if it works.
    I'm on Verizon as well and I've had a few people complain about not being able to hear me clearly. I just made the change as you suggested to my phone. It would make since to change it to lte/cdma as we are on the Verizon network. There is a GSM option as well that AT&T users should probably select.
    09-13-2013 02:15 PM
    I made the LTE change. It did not help. Replacement phone did not help either on Verizon.
    09-13-2013 02:42 PM
266 1234 ...