12-27-2014 12:34 PM
266 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Received my Verizon Moto x on Monday and have been talking non stop using at home, in the car, with and without speakerphone.

Happy to report not one incident of voice cutting out. This issue stopped me ordering this phone for a while. Glad I did in the end. DBM averages around -101dBm 39asu at home.
    09-20-2013 06:51 PM
    FWIW Viber also let's you make voIp calls. I use it when friends and family travel abroad. For those of you dealing with the "cutting out" issues I suggest you also post on the official Motorola forums if you haven't already. The Atrix used to have this issue too early on and it ended up being a noise cancellation issue. Fortunately with the Atrix you could disable it.

Posted via Moto X
    09-20-2013 07:29 PM
    Just got my att moto x yesterday and activated it on T-Mobile today. Made two calls so far and neither person said I was cutting out on them when i asked, my wife actually says this phone is more clear than my n4 was.

Sent from my XT1058
    09-20-2013 07:38 PM
    does anyone know if the 4.3 leak has fixed the problem?
    09-21-2013 09:06 AM
    does anyone know if the 4.3 leak has fixed the problem?
    I'd be interested to know this as well but my guess is that it will be more phone specific updates from the carriers that will fix bugs and provide more specific performance enhancements over generic OS / jellybean updates. But what do I know. I'm no expert in these things... All I know is that yesterday was the last day i had to return my Moto X and i am now locked in for two years so i am putting alot of faith in Google / Motorola to put out updates to fix my reception. Otherwise i'll give till christmas at which time i will probably find a shiny new iphone 5S under my tree along with a hefty ETF bill from Santa...................
    mcaspe1 likes this.
    09-21-2013 09:32 AM
    Otherwise i'll give till christmas at which time i will probably find a shiny new iphone 5S under my tree along with a hefty ETF bill from Santa...................
    I guess you could consider that ETF bill to be coal. LOL.

Posted via Android Central App
    09-21-2013 01:26 PM
    I see that there was an update for the T-Mobile Moto X today. One of the updates says that it "Fixed choppy audio issue during voice calls." Can anyone with T-Mobile having the problem confirm that it is fixed now?
    09-23-2013 12:55 PM
    I see that there was an update for the T-Mobile Moto X today. One of the updates says that it "Fixed choppy audio issue during voice calls." Can anyone with T-Mobile having the problem confirm that it is fixed now?
    Oh man, lol, glad that a fix might come shortly, but I just swapped mine out and now have a worse battery life. Smh. Maybe I’ll try exchange this one before the fix comes out. *shakes fist at Motorola* My on screen time went from 5 with my old one, to 3 with my new one. .
    09-23-2013 01:34 PM
    So I returned my (third) LG G2 tonight, which took 2 hours because they had to figure out how to work around the computer that said I exchanged too many times so to bad for me, and swapped for my second Moto X. Before sales guy got to put on my screen protector I called my voicemail and left a message and played it back. It sounded just as horrible as the first Moto X I returned. I then borrowed the sales guy's phone and left a message. That one sounded loud and clear. I had the manager listen to both and he said yeah so, the first one doesn't sound as good as the second, what's your point? Yikes. They let me return the Moto X but had to pay a restocking fee, and go back to my old 3G phone.

I thought that the choppy audio fix in the update might only fix certain cases like noisy environments or something. I figured there's people out there with working Moto X's, so I would take a chance and maybe this one won't be defective and sound so bad as the first, but the update will make it a bit better in those certain cases. So now I have no clue what's going on with these phones. A test call I made from a Moto X in AT&T store sounded fine. I just can't keep exchanging Moto X's like I did the LG. I already burned through 5 phones in a month. The store people look at me like here he is again, what now... oh wait, he's here to complain and return another phone.

I think I will sit back and wait for the verizon update to happen and see what people say about it. If absolutely no one complains of call issues with their Moto X after the update, maybe I'll buy it again. Or maybe LG will get their act together and fix the problem it had and I buy that again. Or I build my own network and make my own phones like they should be made. I'm so tired of bad quality control.

(I haven't had a lot of luck with electronics this year. I built my own computer and had faulty noisy cooling fans, and a faulty noisy power supply, and a DVD writer that only worked when it felt like it, and manufacturers not bothering to include the right size washers or screws.)

So this is me on a rant tonight.

Oh, and to top off my fun evening, it was late so I went to McDonald's (eww yuck for my body but whatever), and I sat across from a guy and two cops. The guy was refusing to leave because it was his home. The cops had to drag the guy down to the floor and cuff him. He kept saying I swear to god if you don't let me go... and you're hurting me... and kept squirming and the cops were both holding him down and they called for ambulance and backup. They eventually hauled him outside. That was my dinner entertainment.
    09-23-2013 09:47 PM
    The call quality fix is for all HW's, its going to help with all devices, The issue in the first place is not hw issue ..the randomness in the issue(with some people having and some not having ..) results from various things like how you hold your phone, noise on both ends, types of noise, your own voice modulation, acoustics of the place from where you are making a call ..etc ..

So I returned my (third) LG G2 tonight, which took 2 hours because they had to figure out how to work around the computer that said I exchanged too many times so to bad for me, and swapped for my second Moto X. Before sales guy got to put on my screen protector I called my voicemail and left a message and played it back. It sounded just as horrible as the first Moto X I returned. I then borrowed the sales guy's phone and left a message. That one sounded loud and clear. I had the manager listen to both and he said yeah so, the first one doesn't sound as good as the second, what's your point? Yikes. They let me return the Moto X but had to pay a restocking fee, and go back to my old 3G phone.

I thought that the choppy audio fix in the update might only fix certain cases like noisy environments or something. I figured there's people out there with working Moto X's, so I would take a chance and maybe this one won't be defective and sound so bad as the first, but the update will make it a bit better in those certain cases. So now I have no clue what's going on with these phones. A test call I made from a Moto X in AT&T store sounded fine. I just can't keep exchanging Moto X's like I did the LG. I already burned through 5 phones in a month. The store people look at me like here he is again, what now... oh wait, he's here to complain and return another phone.

I think I will sit back and wait for the verizon update to happen and see what people say about it. If absolutely no one complains of call issues with their Moto X after the update, maybe I'll buy it again. Or maybe LG will get their act together and fix the problem it had and I buy that again. Or I build my own network and make my own phones like they should be made. I'm so tired of bad quality control.

(I haven't had a lot of luck with electronics this year. I built my own computer and had faulty noisy cooling fans, and a faulty noisy power supply, and a DVD writer that only worked when it felt like it, and manufacturers not bothering to include the right size washers or screws.)

So this is me on a rant tonight.
    09-23-2013 09:56 PM
    I said screw it and bit the bullet. Bought another Moto X from Verizon. It is night and day. No more cutting out.
    Paisley likes this.
    09-24-2013 07:57 PM
    I said screw it and bit the bullet. Bought another Moto X from Verizon. It is night and day. No more cutting out.
    I think I need to buy it in the exact store you bought your working phone from. Maybe it's from a good batch! Or was your faulty one from the same store?
    09-24-2013 08:19 PM
    I think I need to buy it in the exact store you bought your working phone from. Maybe it's from a good batch! Or was your faulty one from the same store?
    Actually my first one was directly from Motorola. They switched an AT&T version for a Verizon variant. I did perform test calls from the Verizon store before I left with it. Now to get rid of this iPhone 5s.
    09-24-2013 08:41 PM
    They just released the sprint update... I keep hitting the software update on my phone like a mental patient... nothing yet..

Sprint Community: Moto X: Moto X Software Updates
    09-25-2013 11:54 AM
    This was happening to me bad today. Mom called and she couldn't hear me. Figured it was her new phone again. Them my wife called and she couldn't hear me.

Seriously can't wait for this update. Luckily those two are about the only ones I actually speak with over the phone for more than a quick question. It sucks and glad there's a upcoming fix soon

Posted via my MotoX
    09-25-2013 12:26 PM
    Them my wife called and she couldn't hear me.
    My wife CAN hear me - she just doesn't listen
    rader023, wagner17 and myRT like this.
    09-25-2013 02:07 PM
    This blog has had my attention about the MOTO X's problems. My purchase from an independent seller was of much concern to get the phone tested before my return potential interval expired. at&t (yes, officially their name is small letters) just couldn't be convinced to send the NANO chip to my summer home address (whoever can figure out the reason's behind that??) before the return period was close to expiration. I even tried an alternate company's plan, but the phone was locked so I chose to return it. It probably would have worked on the at&t network, but I couldn't chance the phone's issues. Needless to say, I also have a new cell provider.
    09-25-2013 06:58 PM
    having the problem too...i thought that i was having isolated problems (location, background noise, etc), but i just ended a call because the other party said i was cutting out, and i have five bars of 4g.

i'll pull the trigger and switch to a droid maxx tomorrow...it sucks because i liked this phone so much. bummed out.

on a lighter note, i may have a skip and 3 unused dots for sale in the near future...i'm unsure of whether moto will/has opened up skip to the maxx.
    09-25-2013 09:08 PM
    having the problem too...i thought that i was having isolated problems (location, background noise, etc), but i just ended a call because the other party said i was cutting out, and i have five bars of 4g.

i'll pull the trigger and switch to a droid maxx tomorrow...it sucks because i liked this phone so much. bummed out.

on a lighter note, i may have a skip and 3 unused dots for sale in the near future...i'm unsure of whether moto will/has opened up skip to the maxx.
    There is a fix coming for the voice issue.

Sent from my Moto X
    Brady KEITH likes this.
    09-25-2013 09:21 PM

Moto is rolling out the fix for it ..tmo and sprint is already out ..att and Verizon should happen soon within couple of weeks at maxx

Brady KEITH likes this.
    09-25-2013 09:32 PM
    @grooks @guesswhat_567 i'm a week into a new contract on verizon. i can wait a few more days, but i use it as a phone and can't justify having a phone that doesn't act accordingly. i appreciate the replies tho.
    09-25-2013 09:40 PM
    I think i am more impatient with waiting for this "rolling" update to hit my phone than I was with waiting for this phone itself to become avaiable for purchase.... Off to click 'update softaware' on my phone again now......
    globster2000 likes this.
    09-26-2013 08:30 AM
    fwiw, i chatted online with a motorola rep, and then I spoke with a verizon rep by telephone. both indicated the same thing: an update, if any, would come from motorola (not verizon). i emphasize "if any", as neither motorola nor verizon had information available to definitively tell me whether or when a "choppy audio" update was planned...i presume it is coming (at some point), based on the tmo update.

(as an aside: wow, that droid maxx is funky looking. if i don't have an update by the beginning of the 13th day on my contract, may have to go with the GS4 or G2 instead. *fingers crossed* the update comes, soon.)
    09-26-2013 07:58 PM
    @grooks @guesswhat_567 i'm a week into a new contract on verizon. i can wait a few more days, but i use it as a phone and can't justify having a phone that doesn't act accordingly. i appreciate the replies tho.
    i had 2 very important phone calls to make today, and i had to make them from my cell...awful. (this one i swapped it out for is even worse than the first. i can barely hear them and they can barely hear me. wow). I'm tempted to give a swap one more try if i don't get the update in a couple of days, but i'm scared i'll get one of the dud batteries.
    09-26-2013 08:58 PM
    i had 2 very important phone calls to make today, and i had to make them from my cell...awful. (this one i swapped it out for is even worse than the first. i can barely hear them and they can barely hear me. wow). I'm tempted to give a swap one more try if i don't get the update in a couple of days, but i'm scared i'll get one of the dud batteries.
    If you are still interested in holding on to the phone ..why don't you try Bluetooth. Or headphones? Before the update comes..

09-26-2013 09:02 PM
266 ... 56789 ...