Voice cutting out on other end of call

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Just called sprint to tell them the issue I'm having, they were all: "what? What? Can you repeat that?" oh man, I'd be glad that I'm able to apparently go to a store and exchange on the spot, but judging from what others have said, there's still a good chance I end up with the same issue. Here's hoping.

Update : fork. Went to the store and they didn't have the black. Almost went with a white but they were gonna close and I couldn't make up my mind to switch colors. They found a store for me that has the black so off I go tmrw.

Last edited:

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Just tested mine out. While in a quiet room i have no problem, add a little background noise and it starts. Have the tv on mute, talk no problem. Un-mute the tv and the cancellation of my voice starts.

myRT

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Just tested mine out. While in a quiet room i have no problem, add a little background noise and it starts. Have the tv on mute, talk no problem. Un-mute the tv and the cancellation of my voice starts.

Same issue here. I'm also having call quality on my end. When I call my wife from work, she seems like she's in Calcutta. It is in and out. No broken words, just can barely hear her.
Verizon says they haven't had any other complaints. Obviously not buying that!

Posted via my MotoX

yazzinit

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Strange. I'm on Verizon and have tested this with a combination of noise and quiet on both ends. Multiple people confirmed no voice cutting in and out. Just thought I'd add no problems on this X

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Strange. I'm on Verizon and have tested this with a combination of noise and quiet on both ends. Multiple people confirmed no voice cutting in and out. Just thought I'd add no problems on this X

It's very strange that it effects some and not all. I would assume that were all running the same software version.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk 2

billo14

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm new to your thread and very interested in the issue being discussed. My X is to arrive today via UPS, and hope I don't have this issue.

As being new and this thread is REALLY LONG, I haven't taken the time to read every post. But, these smart phones can hook to VoIP in a WIFI setting. And, depending on bandwidth of the WIFI connection, this is a common happening for us on our VoIP service in our home setting. For example, we can be surfing the web on computers and a phone call will come in. Clipping of the voice is a bit common until we stop surfing and/or take the computers off the wireless setting. This usually clears the clipping on the call. However, this probably isn't happening in all the cases or any of the cases mentioned here.

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Well I just spent 10 minutes on a call after reading this thread and wondering if I have a problem. The person on the other end didn't mention me cutting out at all for 10 min.

I use speaker phone mostly since I work from home.

Posted via Android Central App

billo14

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Well I just spent 10 minutes on a call after reading this thread and wondering if I have a problem. The person on the other end didn't mention me cutting out at all for 10 min.

I use speaker phone mostly since I work from home.

Tony, Were you on the cell network or using a WIFI connection on that call?

Last edited:

26kick

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
i'm having the same problem with my HTC ONE Google Play Edition, and was thinking of changing to a Moto X! this is very very strange

Same here! Call quality is this at the top of my list, and Motorola is known to have the best reputation for it. Hmmm

anon(5716633)

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm new to your thread and very interested in the issue being discussed. My X is to arrive today via UPS, and hope I don't have this issue.

As being new and this thread is REALLY LONG, I haven't taken the time to read every post. But, these smart phones can hook to VoIP in a WIFI setting. And, depending on bandwidth of the WIFI connection, this is a common happening for us on our VoIP service in our home setting. For example, we can be surfing the web on computers and a phone call will come in. Clipping of the voice is a bit common until we stop surfing and/or take the computers off the wireless setting. This usually clears the clipping on the call. However, this probably isn't happening in all the cases or any of the cases mentioned here.

The Moto X does not have Wi-Fi calling. As far as I'm aware, T-Mobile is the only carrier that offers it, but they don't offer it with the Moto X.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Sadly, i went to a Sprint store today, they gave me a brand new moto x. Same problem. I actually had someone call me on the store phone from my handset. Wasn't pretty. I'll hang out and see what motorola can do. Even the audio quality, for me at least, is not very good, which was the same on my other one as well. that's a shame. Anyone know is it any better with a wired headset? (both incoming or outgoing sound).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol