Voice cutting out on other end of call

shadrap

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I think I need to buy it in the exact store you bought your working phone from. Maybe it's from a good batch! Or was your faulty one from the same store?

Actually my first one was directly from Motorola. They switched an AT&T version for a Verizon variant. I did perform test calls from the Verizon store before I left with it. Now to get rid of this iPhone 5s.

myRT

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
This was happening to me bad today. Mom called and she couldn't hear me. Figured it was her new phone again. Them my wife called and she couldn't hear me.

Seriously can't wait for this update. Luckily those two are about the only ones I actually speak with over the phone for more than a quick question. It sucks and glad there's a upcoming fix soon

Posted via my MotoX

billo14

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
This blog has had my attention about the MOTO X's problems. My purchase from an independent seller was of much concern to get the phone tested before my return potential interval expired. at&t (yes, officially their name is small letters) just couldn't be convinced to send the NANO chip to my summer home address (whoever can figure out the reason's behind that??) before the return period was close to expiration. I even tried an alternate company's plan, but the phone was locked so I chose to return it. It probably would have worked on the at&t network, but I couldn't chance the phone's issues. Needless to say, I also have a new cell provider.

Brady KEITH

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
having the problem too...i thought that i was having isolated problems (location, background noise, etc), but i just ended a call because the other party said i was cutting out, and i have five bars of 4g.

i'll pull the trigger and switch to a droid maxx tomorrow...it sucks because i liked this phone so much. bummed out.

on a lighter note, i may have a skip and 3 unused dots for sale in the near future...i'm unsure of whether moto will/has opened up skip to the maxx.

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
having the problem too...i thought that i was having isolated problems (location, background noise, etc), but i just ended a call because the other party said i was cutting out, and i have five bars of 4g.

i'll pull the trigger and switch to a droid maxx tomorrow...it sucks because i liked this phone so much. bummed out.

on a lighter note, i may have a skip and 3 unused dots for sale in the near future...i'm unsure of whether moto will/has opened up skip to the maxx.

There is a fix coming for the voice issue.

Sent from my Moto X

guesswhat_567

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site

Moto is rolling out the fix for it ..tmo and sprint is already out ..att and Verizon should happen soon within couple of weeks at maxx

Posted via Android Central App

Brady KEITH

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
@grooks @guesswhat_567 i'm a week into a new contract on verizon. i can wait a few more days, but i use it as a phone and can't justify having a phone that doesn't act accordingly. i appreciate the replies tho.

Ambull

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I think i am more impatient with waiting for this "rolling" update to hit my phone than I was with waiting for this phone itself to become avaiable for purchase.... Off to click 'update softaware' on my phone again now......

Brady KEITH

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
fwiw, i chatted online with a motorola rep, and then I spoke with a verizon rep by telephone. both indicated the same thing: an update, if any, would come from motorola (not verizon). i emphasize "if any", as neither motorola nor verizon had information available to definitively tell me whether or when a "choppy audio" update was planned...i presume it is coming (at some point), based on the tmo update.

(as an aside: wow, that droid maxx is funky looking. if i don't have an update by the beginning of the 13th day on my contract, may have to go with the GS4 or G2 instead. *fingers crossed* the update comes, soon.)

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
@grooks @guesswhat_567 i'm a week into a new contract on verizon. i can wait a few more days, but i use it as a phone and can't justify having a phone that doesn't act accordingly. i appreciate the replies tho.

i had 2 very important phone calls to make today, and i had to make them from my cell...awful. (this one i swapped it out for is even worse than the first. i can barely hear them and they can barely hear me. wow). I'm tempted to give a swap one more try if i don't get the update in a couple of days, but i'm scared i'll get one of the dud batteries.

guesswhat_567

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
i had 2 very important phone calls to make today, and i had to make them from my cell...awful. (this one i swapped it out for is even worse than the first. i can barely hear them and they can barely hear me. wow). I'm tempted to give a swap one more try if i don't get the update in a couple of days, but i'm scared i'll get one of the dud batteries.

If you are still interested in holding on to the phone ..why don't you try Bluetooth. Or headphones? Before the update comes..

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site

Its one of those times you wish "okay Google now gimme the new update" would come true soon.

Edit: I'm 1st to post on page 8! Woot

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
If you are still interested in holding on to the phone ..why don't you try Bluetooth. Or headphones? Before the update comes..

i read here that headphones don't help.

actually, i'm also really concerned about what i'm hearing in the earpiece, usually the problem has been just the people receiving from us, right? i'm thinking maybe this one is really bad and that the update won't even fix? i dunno.

Brady KEITH

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site

wth was motorola testing before release if they released a flagship phone with duplexing/noise cancelling/"audio chopping" issues (i've read it called many things)? it's a phone. i'm interested in keeping it (i know that your post wasn't directed toward me)...but how does anyone justify buying a bt headset, etc., in order to hold over until an update is released allowing the phone to operate as...a phone.

(my frustration is directed at the phone, not you, guesswhat_567.)

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
i read here that headphones don't help.

actually, i'm also really concerned about what i'm hearing in the earpiece, usually the problem has been just the people receiving from us, right? i'm thinking maybe this one is really bad and that the update won't even fix? i dunno.

Actually, now that i think about it, i'm gonna have to. I hate to do that, i'm don't like the idea of opening an expensive product and swapping it out twice for some reason, but the earpiece was sooooo bad. I was waiting for a contract, i heard them wrong by $10K! lol. I was like "oh, no, i don't think so", lol. so bad.

clankfu

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
fwiw, i chatted online with a motorola rep, and then I spoke with a verizon rep by telephone. both indicated the same thing: an update, if any, would come from motorola (not verizon). i emphasize "if any", as neither motorola nor verizon had information available to definitively tell me whether or when a "choppy audio" update was planned...i presume it is coming (at some point), based on the tmo update.

This is only partially true. Motorola has already updated the software on their end and sent it out to the carriers. It's now up to the carriers to tweak the software to their specifications and roll it out to their customers. T-Mo and Sprint have already done so and it sounds like AT&T won't be too far behind.