10-09-2013 02:32 AM
36 12
tools
    Is anyone using a case? I just can't get over how nice this thing feels. Anyone worried about the camera getting scratched? I wonder if the camera cover is sapphire like the iPhones?

Posted via Android Central App
    rayden8 likes this.
    09-08-2013 02:02 PM
    I have not once worried about the camera on a phone getting scratched in all the years of owning a phone with a camera (since 2002, if memory serves correctly), and I've never had a phone's camera get scratched.
    jephanie, wyattwd and howdydoesit like this.
    09-08-2013 02:18 PM
    I have not once worried about the camera on a phone getting scratched in all the years of owning a phone with a camera (since 2002, if memory serves correctly), and I've never had a phone's camera get scratched.
    Cool, thanks.

09-08-2013 02:19 PM
    Actually, I just looked up my first camera phone, and it was from 2003. It's pretty hilarious to think of how people reacted to my phone having a camera. My family was all like, "Why do you need to have a camera in your phone?" It was the Samsung SGH-E715. Man, I loved that phone.
    wyattwd likes this.
    09-08-2013 02:26 PM
    Actually, I just looked up my first camera phone, and it was from 2003. It's pretty hilarious to think of how people reacted to my phone having a camera. My family was all like, "Why do you need to have a camera in your phone?" It was the Samsung SGH-E715. Man, I loved that phone.
    My first was a nextel 1850.. 1999 or 2000 I think. My wife used to say the same thing. Now I can't peel her iPhone out of her hands. Its her sole camera.

09-08-2013 02:30 PM
    I have a case but only use it when I'm in an environment or event that I think I could be more prone to dropping it. Went to an all-day festival yesterday. Drinking. Lots of people. Lots of concrete. Definitely a day for the case. But when I'm at home or the office or just out shopping or running around, sans case. I like the nekkid X.
    Johnly likes this.
    09-08-2013 03:10 PM
    Is anyone using a case? I just can't get over how nice this thing feels. Anyone worried about the camera getting scratched? I wonder if the camera cover is sapphire like the iPhones?

No case for me either. I've always ran my phones naked, I figure that's the way the phone was intended to look and to feel in the hand. Plus, the Moto X is probably the most beautiful phone I've ever used.

Six camera phones in my life and I've never had scratching on the lens (knock on wood).

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk 4
    wyattwd likes this.
    09-08-2013 03:13 PM
    I was planning on running without a case as I have for my last few phones, but the white woven back of mine started picking up stains pretty easy. Plus, I felt like the phone was almost too thin for me to hold comfortably since my last phone was quite a bit thicker. Running a super slim hard case phone that I got off Amazon for like $6. Fits perfectly.
    09-09-2013 08:53 AM
    So I'm still on the fence about going naked or using a case. My Diztronic case is thin but it still just feels better naked.

Anyone drop their phone without a case and suffer damage yet?

I plan on keeping this phone for a while so I don't want to crack the screen. I'm scared...

10-01-2013 01:03 PM
    I used to run without a case - until I dropped my Bionic. I have a couple on order that I should get by tonight.
    10-01-2013 01:17 PM
    I run mine totally naked
    I have seen some out a film over the camera to prevent scratching. Actually could not even notice it when you took photos.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 2
    10-01-2013 02:27 PM
    Otterbox Defender here. I would run naked BUT I drive a truck for a living and a naked phone + concrete DO NOT MIX! I've always had a case for all my phones...mostly Otterbox. Another thing I can't stand being naked is when you pull out your phone to show other people, you're greeted with lint all over the darn thing...disgusting
    10-01-2013 03:50 PM
    I dropped my case less phone last week and cracked the screen. My replacement phone now has a Griffin Reveal case on it.

10-01-2013 04:50 PM
    I just got the Moto a few hours ago. Got a case for it. Mainly, the reason was I went on the One Up program from Sprint, and the phone has to not have significant damage on it in order to be traded in.
    10-01-2013 05:23 PM
    I got an Otterbox commuter. It has paid it's off already twice. The first day I had it it flinged out of my hands while trying to figure out the camera twist which it fell on payvement. the other was at the playground on gravel.

my first camera phone was on a detacheble on on my Samsung N400. http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_uH6lqdjXJ3...s320/camra.jpg
    10-01-2013 05:32 PM

Just a CruzerLite case which wont protect it against drops,just protection against cosmetic stuff.I also have screen protector.But I dont want a bulky case,I prefer carrying this phone in my pocket which was one reason I purchased it
    10-01-2013 06:58 PM
    While we all love the look of our device nekkid, I would personally advise against it. (Especially if you haven't purchased the extra insurance....which is another "must" IMO) Regardless of all the Gorilla Glass claims and YouTube drop tests, 9 out of 10 times, your phone WILL get damaged if dropped on anything other than a carpeted surface. Spend the 10-15 bucks on a TPU case and protect your investment. :thumbup:
    If you're still dead set on going nekkid, get the insurance! It's well worth the extra 7-9 bucks a month.

tap'n
    johnriii likes this.
    10-01-2013 07:07 PM
    I just got the Moto a few hours ago. Got a case for it. Mainly, the reason was I went on the One Up program from Sprint, and the phone has to not have significant damage on it in order to be traded in.
    Glad you finally got it! Hope you're pleased with it as much as I am!
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    10-01-2013 07:39 PM
    Glad you finally got it! Hope you're pleased with it as much as I am!
    So far, yes. Since I was running an AOSP ROM on my S3, that part wasn't too shocking. I have some habits I didn't realize I had, but, I am slowly breaking them.
    Attached screen shots...

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app
    Attached Thumbnails Naked X-1380681539708.jpg   Naked X-1380681551398.jpg  
    10-01-2013 10:39 PM
    ugh I hate clothed phones.. I look at everyone with those fancy iPhone's and think - " Somebody got paid Millions of dollars to design your phone, yet you throw a case that someone got paid thousands of dollars to design".

I love the fact that my phone was designed to look and feel the way it does. Putting a case on the phone Hampers that design and in turn hamper's everything about the phone when holding it. I've looked at some slim cases (like i've used on my iPhone 4/Nexus4) and none have any Moto Branding (i'd actually like the moto M tbh just to show I have a phone that nobody else wants, im weird that way) and it's missing the Indent that my finger has learned to rest in while holding the phone!
    jephanie and eribac like this.
    10-02-2013 02:02 AM
    Naked beauty here... always hated cases, unless a glossy/ugly back needs to be covered. I'm very careful with my electronics.
    10-07-2013 03:17 AM
    ugh I hate clothed phones.. I look at everyone with those fancy iPhone's and think - " Somebody got paid Millions of dollars to design your phone, yet you throw a case that someone got paid thousands of dollars to design".

I love the fact that my phone was designed to look and feel the way it does. Putting a case on the phone Hampers that design and in turn hamper's everything about the phone when holding it. I've looked at some slim cases (like i've used on my iPhone 4/Nexus4) and none have any Moto Branding (i'd actually like the moto M tbh just to show I have a phone that nobody else wants, im weird that way) and it's missing the Indent that my finger has learned to rest in while holding the phone!
    I can't disagree more. You need a case. A naked moto x feels quite good but it is also insanely slippery. A case serves a very practical purpose of giving your phone added protection. If you keep your phone for 2 years, you WILL drop it. You need a case.

SUPCASE Moto X Hybrid Bumper Cases ← Moto X Accessories

That's the case I'm using. It gives good protection, doesn't add too much bulk, retains the dimple, and the hardback is transparent so the motorola logo shows through. The rubber on the rim is a hard rubber that will protect from falls and gives added friction to reduce the chance of the phone slipping through your hands. Get a case !
    johnriii, CR6 and BoomBoomPAP like this.
    10-07-2013 03:51 AM
    I can't disagree more. You need a case. A naked moto x feels quite good but it is also insanely slippery. A case serves a very practical purpose of giving your phone added protection. If you keep your phone for 2 years, you WILL drop it. You need a case.

SUPCASE Moto X Hybrid Bumper Cases ← Moto X Accessories

That's the case I'm using. It gives good protection, doesn't add too much bulk, retains the dimple, and the hardback is transparent so the motorola logo shows through. The rubber on the rim is a hard rubber that will protect from falls and gives added friction to reduce the chance of the phone slipping through your hands. Get a case !
    I agree with this 100%. your smartphone is not to "show" others your phone. it's to use. it's an expensive, mini computer that with the right impact on just about any surface can be destroyed. now, with that being said, it's your investment, you protect it how you want. but I've yet to pick up any smartphone "naked" that didn't feel slippery. not to mention, the surface of your hands can vary in how much "grip" you have. let your hands get dried out. all of a sudden, your phone is twice as slippery, with or without a case. the S4 (my phone) may be mostly plastic, but the dang thing is slick. I have very good hands, and am very concious about how I handle my phone. I drop my phone about once a year. I know folks who drop their phones weekly, sometime several times a week. I have several Elago breathe cases for my S4, very thin but adds good grip. that's for weekends and vacation time. during my 66 hour work week, I use the otterbox commuter, it adds a bit more bulk, but nothing like the defender. all it takes is ONE unfortunate drop, so I just don't take the chance.
    10-07-2013 05:07 PM
    This is the first device I've owned that I would actually consider going naked due to the fact it has some tackiness to it. However, yes it can be dropped so easily regardless. So I decided to compromise and put a bumper on it to preserve as much of the look and feel as possible. Can't go around being totally paranoid all the time. Worst case scenario is if it is dropped and totalled, I'll shell out for the developer edition..
    10-07-2013 06:05 PM
    I agree with this 100%. your smartphone is not to "show" others your phone. it's to use. it's an expensive, mini computer that with the right impact on just about any surface can be destroyed. the S4 (my phone) may be mostly plastic, but the dang thing is slick.
    For some people it's not to show off, especially the standard black Moto X. The thing looks plain at a glance, on closer inspection I think it's beautiful. It also fits so well in my hand, it's unlike any other phone I've ever used. I like how it feels and looks and that's why I rock it naked.

The feel of the S4 was one of the reasons I didn't choose it. It's just slightly too large for my hand and feels lightweight while the X feels solid and has a pretty decent tackiness with the backing that they've chosen. I've always ran my phones naked, but this is my first phone that felt like it was stuck to my hand.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk 4
    10-07-2013 07:29 PM
36 12