clipboard issues@@..where is it located?

Hamidd

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I found this instruction for Galaxy S3, see if it works for you or not!

1. Open the application you would like to paste the copied text on clipboard. (For example open Messaging and start writing a text message)
2. Tap and hold the button left to the space bar
3. Choose the clipboard icon (
Galaxy-S3-Clipboard.jpg
)
4. Now you can see the latest items on your clipboard

soruce: How to View Clipboard on Android

justjimmyb

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I found this instruction for Galaxy S3, see if it works for you or not!

1. Open the application you would like to paste the copied text on clipboard. (For example open Messaging and start writing a text message)
2. Tap and hold the button left to the space bar
3. Choose the clipboard icon (http://androidwidgetcenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Galaxy-S3-Clipboard.jpg)
4. Now you can see the latest items on your clipboard

soruce: How to View Clipboard on Android

I have tried that too but for some reason my keyboard does not kick out the option for clipboard....

AComp1977

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
So it seems the moto x is missing the clipboard functionally since others say to DL the app clipper. Another Major miss Motorola.

Posted via Android Central App

ScottMGS

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Not sure what you mean. I copy stuff to the clipboard then paste it somewhere else. Why would I need to look at it?

C0deM0nkey

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
So it seems the moto x is missing the clipboard functionally since others say to DL the app clipper. Another Major miss Motorola.

It's not missing single cut/copy/paste functions. If you want more than that then you can choose and download a more advanced clipboard app that meets your individual needs.
Personally (and I suspect I'm one of many who feel this way) I'd far rather get a phone with the core functionality and then add the apps that I want, rather than a phone that ships with a ton of functions bloating the ROM that I don't want and can't remove without serious effort.
I need a Wake On LAN app but no manufacturer ships that functionality included - strangely I don't consider that a "major miss" by any of them.

UncleMike

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Not sure what you mean. I copy stuff to the clipboard then paste it somewhere else. Why would I need to look at it?

Same here. Select some text (by long-pressing and possibly extending the selection) and the clipboard options show up on top of the screen - select copy. Long-press again (presumably somewhere else) and the options show up again - select paste. If I copy something, it's because I want to paste it somewhere else - which I pretty much do immediately after copying. I've never felt a need to examine the clipboard; I know what's in it because I just put it there.

If we're talking about managing multiple items in a clipboard, that's different - something I think relativity few people would actually use.

Sent from my Moto X using TapaTalk

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
As others have mentioned I just select the part I want to copy and select the copy icon(circled in red) and paste where ever I want to :)
yrumeseq.jpg

sent from my Moto X , Android Central Moderator

Terry Carter3

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
I have been trying to locate the clipboard on my moto x...help?

It's always sending things to the clipboard but I have never been able to find where the clipboard is and I can sit and push on these buttons all day and it will not give me copy paste and the other one

Last edited by a moderator:

Barbie Dudley

Nov 26, 2016
Visit site
It isn't only copy and paste. It asks if you would like to save links to your clipboard, then it says "link saved to clipboard", but I can't find the clipboard to get to the links I saved. So why would it ask that if you need to download a more advanced clipboard? This is a major miss.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone do you have? Most phones don't have a clipboard manager app -- they just let you save one thing to the clipboard at a time. If you go to a blank text field, long-press it, and then tap Paste, you can see what was stored there last. If you copied multiple items to the clipboard, thinking it would keep all of them in its memory, that's not how it works for the vast majority of devices. It's only remembers the last thing you copied there.

Marylan

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
On my Samsung Galaxy I can save all I want and paste at anytime. It is on the mic and settings button. Very easy and nice. Screen capture is way easier to use. Had to help my husband with his turbo 2. He was asking how I could put things out so quickly. He did not know about pasting.

e_hadley

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
It isn't only copy and paste. It asks if you would like to save links to your clipboard, then it says "link saved to clipboard", but I can't find the clipboard to get to the links I saved. So why would it ask that if you need to download a more advanced clipboard? This is a major miss.

Totes.. totes a miss.
On a separate but more important note, you are totes adorbs. Totes. ... sorry about the overuse of totes, it's the verbalization of puppy or cat filter and I adore mocking stuff like that, totes ❤️ it.

But for the real real, I think Motorola sh1t on all of us for the sole reason that one day, it would bring me here where I would find you. The live of my life, maybe, surely.

Motorola, thank you for caring and undermining your product quality and reputation, worldwide, just to bring me here to her 2 years after she came by. We can take it from here, you can make decent stuff now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer