Moto X: Cracked screen already

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: Cracked screen already....I'm an *****

Just to follow up. Because I never had anything on my CC for my Extended Service Plan purchase I called them back this morning. They pulled my records up and acted like the purchase never happened. Then the guy switched me to another guy that told me only AT&T buyers could purchase the Extended Service Plan and I couldn't because I am on Verizon. What a bunch of BS and not to mention the fact that the girl yesterday took my CC info then just totally blew me off. I believe that she was just taking an order and not entering it into any system to pacify me. Does anyone know if this is true? The Motorola site specifies that you can buy it before 30 days and does not specify just one carrier. What a bunch of crap. Man these guys don't have a freaking clue when you call them, and this is after I got transferred to the so called "Moto X Team". Terrible service. This kind of service has me really second guessing my purchase.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site

Here is Motorola's reply. Makes me wonder what the person did with my CC info....after she took my it and told me that I was all set. I can tell one thing for sure, Moto X support is not even remotely assembled in the USA.

Guess Verizon purchased phones can't get the plan...

Thanks for reaching out to Motorola. I?ve reviewed your e-mail and I?m ready to help.

I am sorry to hear that, Kevin. I went over your records here and it shows that you are trying to purchase an extended service plan for your Verizon Moto X phone. Please note that the available extended service plan you can see online is for AT&T consumers only. For Verizon support, you need to contact them directly for that because we don't have any agreements with Verizon yet. You can contact them directly at 1-800-922-0204 during Mon-Sun 5.45am-11pm CST.

We hope that you find this information useful and we look forward to assisting you in the future.

For information about Motorola products and services, please visit us at Motorola - A Google Company

Thank you for contacting Motorola e-mail support.

Best Regards,

Rez

bp3dots

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site

Here is Motorola's reply. Makes me wonder what the person did with my CC info....after she took my it and told me that I was all set. I can tell one thing for sure, Moto X support is not even remotely assembled in the USA.

Guess Verizon purchased phones can't get the plan...

Thanks for reaching out to Motorola. I?ve reviewed your e-mail and I?m ready to help.

I am sorry to hear that, Kevin. I went over your records here and it shows that you are trying to purchase an extended service plan for your Verizon Moto X phone. Please note that the available extended service plan you can see online is for AT&T consumers only. For Verizon support, you need to contact them directly for that because we don't have any agreements with Verizon yet. You can contact them directly at 1-800-922-0204 during Mon-Sun 5.45am-11pm CST.

We hope that you find this information useful and we look forward to assisting you in the future.

For information about Motorola products and services, please visit us at Motorola - A Google Company

Thank you for contacting Motorola e-mail support.

Best Regards,

Rez

It is probably only available to moto maker units, (thus at&t only now) as it probably accounts for getting new custom units.

scooby8611

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, Moto customer service sucks. I was told that I am not eligible for their extended warranty...after they asked me questions for like 30 mins. Then i just asked if i could send it in and have it fixed and they asked me questions via chat for 30 mins and told me i had to call their 800 number. They did tell me that i could send my phone in for standard replacement or advanced..which would put a 600 dollar hold on my checking account. So far, not real impressed with my first Moto smartphone purchase.

Onemoa

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site

That really suck's. This is why I get the insurance through T-Mobile. Yeah you pay allot for it but if anything were to happen they send you another device right away.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4

qxr

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site

I purchased squaretrade through costco for 99. I never buy the insurance on computer stuff because I always crack the case to alter "things".
The fear of breaking the phone and not being able to buy a replacement cheap stopped me dead in my tracks.
Upside for 99 I can get a new battery at 1 year regardless of the claims I do or do not submit. Wow a deal on a battery. Jk ...roflmao

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

bp3dots

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site

Yeah, Moto customer service sucks. I was told that I am not eligible for their extended warranty...after they asked me questions for like 30 mins. Then i just asked if i could send it in and have it fixed and they asked me questions via chat for 30 mins and told me i had to call their 800 number. They did tell me that i could send my phone in for standard replacement or advanced..which would put a 600 dollar hold on my checking account. So far, not real impressed with my first Moto smartphone purchase.

How much for the standard replacement? The advanced one usuallu means they ship you the new unit first, thus the hold on your account in case you don't return the old one.

Besides the long times with CS dealing with this, I'm not sure why you would hold it against them. You did break it without insurance. At least they're offering some solutions.

Bobbie629

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site

Verizon is 30 days. They never made us bring the phone in.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Motorola DROID Ultra

scooby8611

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site

How much for the standard replacement? The advanced one usuallu means they ship you the new unit first, thus the hold on your account in case you don't return the old one.

Besides the long times with CS dealing with this, I'm not sure why you would hold it against them. You did break it without insurance. At least they're offering some solutions.

they won't give you a price on standard replacement until they evaluate it...and yeah, they hold the full value of the phone from your account on advanced. What i hold against them is that they don't seem to know what they are doing. They took all this info from me and it took forever, then they said that I had to call in anyhow. Seems like it should have been a 2 min chat and then just tell me to call.

yuliwang08

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site

I bought my phone less than a month ago and I dropped it on tile about 3 fee from the floor. It landed on the top right corner and shattered. Granted that I don't have a case but I dropped my motorola Atrix tons of time sand it never cracked or scratched. I noticed a few deep scratches on my Moto X already and never one on my Atrix, and I didn't have a protector screen on for the 3 yrs I owned it. Moto X I'm disappointed in you. It seems like the material for the screen is just not that durable.

greg_atlanta

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site

I bought my phone less than a month ago and I dropped it on tile about 3 fee from the floor. It landed on the top right corner and shattered. Granted that I don't have a case but I dropped my motorola Atrix tons of time sand it never cracked or scratched. I noticed a few deep scratches on my Moto X already and never one on my Atrix, and I didn't have a protector screen on for the 3 yrs I owned it. Moto X I'm disappointed in you. It seems like the material for the screen is just not that durable.

haha.... i have an atrix too and it takes a beating. i've always been terrified of iphones since they feel so fragile... and plenty of cracked screens out there. moto x still isn't as fragile as iphone, right?

Anthony_NE

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site

I received my moto x on thursday and I really like it. Naturally, I declined insurance and instantly after coming back from a Cleveland Browns tailgate, i dropped my phone and cracked the screen. I have searched for screen replacements, but I can't find anything...is there anything else I can do?

FML for dropping my phone and supporting terrible sports teams.....

http://www.etradesupply.com/motorola/android-models/motorola-moto-x.html

This is the only place currently selling Moto X parts and they are not cheap. I too broke my first X. Dropped it face down and shattered the digitizer and led panel. In about an hour it wouldn't display anything. I took advantage of the cyber Monday deal and just ordered a new phone because the repair was so steep. Good luck.

Posted via Android Central App

yuliwang08

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site

I have good news guys! I called them, told them exactly what happened (fell on tile, no screen protector, no case) and they are sending me another one brand new (mine was customized) NO CHARGE! I didn't purchase insurance either. I did buy my phone less than a month ago though. Their customer service is superb! I think they are really making an effort to help increase sales. Next time maybe you can try that. Also, in hindsight I regret telling them I didn't have a case on but it all worked out.

TommyZ31

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site

I have good news guys! I called them, told them exactly what happened (fell on tile, no screen protector, no case) and they are sending me another one brand new (mine was customized) NO CHARGE! I didn't purchase insurance either. I did buy my phone less than a month ago though. Their customer service is superb! I think they are really making an effort to help increase sales. Next time maybe you can try that. Also, in hindsight I regret telling them I didn't have a case on but it all worked out.

Wow, that's amazing! Did you purchase your Moto X from Motorolla originally? I also just dropped my Moto X and had it break, and I'm wondering if there's any way I can talk them into providing me with a new phone as well

JungleLarry

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

I always find it interesting when people make an account just to complain.

Anyway, it's nearly impossible to recreate a specific fall or impact. My Moto X hasn't given me any reason to believe it's not durable. I dropped it off the top of a nine-foot ladder (don't ask) straight onto concrete, and there is literally no damage to be seen. I've also dropped it out of my car face-down onto asphalt several times, and again...no damage. Moral of the story: don't be so quick to judge; either I've been extraordinarily lucky, or you just happened to hit the *sweet spot*. Life happens.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site

I always find it interesting when people make an account just to complain.

Anyway, it's nearly impossible to recreate a specific fall or impact. My Moto X hasn't given me any reason to believe it's not durable. I dropped it off the top of a nine-foot ladder (don't ask) straight onto concrete, and there is literally no damage to be seen. I've also dropped it out of my car face-down onto asphalt several times, and again...no damage. Moral of the story: don't be so quick to judge; either I've been extraordinarily lucky, or you just happened to hit the *sweet spot*. Life happens.

And I alway find it interesting when people make an account to just rant and troll. That pretty much sums up about 90% of your posts Larry. You pretty much take shots at people everyday. Get a life dude.

Matt Potter

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site

I am not sure about other reviews that say the moto x is solidly built, this is the first phone I have had that the screen has cracked on. It fell from my hand to the ground as I was getting in the car with a case on. I pick it up and sure enough there is a break from top to bottom after just a week of having the phone. Motorola service has been awful. It is a cool phone but can't stand how cheaply it was made. Will be looking for another option once I can afford it since I bought the phone in u locked version. Sure wish I had seen more of these reviews and how easily the screen cracks, even with a full case on and front protection on. Do not buy unless you don't mind a screen that cracks in your pocket or from the smallest drops!

vtpmt81

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site

I am not sure about other reviews that say the moto x is solidly built, this is the first phone I have had that the screen has cracked on. It fell from my hand to the ground as I was getting in the car with a case on. I pick it up and sure enough there is a break from top to bottom after just a week of having the phone. Motorola service has been awful. It is a cool phone but can't stand how cheaply it was made. Will be looking for another option once I can afford it since I bought the phone in u locked version. Sure wish I had seen more of these reviews and how easily the screen cracks, even with a full case on and front protection on. Do not buy unless you don't mind a screen that cracks in your pocket or from the smallest drops!

Sorry to hear that. What kind of case were you using? I am pretty surprised to hear to that your phone screen cracked even with a case and screen protector on - that is pretty crazy. Did it fall on concrete/asphalt? Maybe it hit a rock or uneven hard surface?