I got the Moto X 2 days ago (wow this phone is amazing) and noticed yesterday that the power button does not feel snug and secure like the volume rocker is. I was thinking of trying to swap out the phone because of this, but is that even possible for something so minor? I'm mostly concerned about the looseness getting worse over time, although it is moderately irritating to have a brand new device that is otherwise near perfection and have this glaring issue. Any thoughts?

As a side note, a rep told me (with complete certainty in his mind) that Motorola will be allowing early Moto X buyers to send in their device when moto maker comes to VZW. He told me that they were contacted by a moto rep about it and he *knows* that it's happening. I guess I'm just skeptical because I haven't heard anything about this from the android community. That sure would be awesome, though!
    09-09-2013 11:00 AM
    I got the Moto X 2 days ago (wow this phone is amazing) and noticed yesterday that the power button does not feel snug and secure like the volume rocker is. I was thinking of trying to swap out the phone because of this, but is that even possible for something so minor? I'm mostly concerned about the looseness getting worse over time, although it is moderately irritating to have a brand new device that is otherwise near perfection and have this glaring issue. Any thoughts?

As a side note, a rep told me (with complete certainty in his mind) that Motorola will be allowing early Moto X buyers to send in their device when moto maker comes to VZW. He told me that they were contacted by a moto rep about it and he *knows* that it's happening. I guess I'm just skeptical because I haven't heard anything about this from the android community. That sure would be awesome, though!
    If your button is wobbly I'm sure they will exchange for you. Interesting about us early buyers being able to get custom jobs. I wonder if they would give us a new phone altogether or just customize the ones that we sent back.

Posted via Android Central App
    09-09-2013 11:23 AM
    Thanks, maybe I will just swap the device out before I customize it too much. According to the rep, you would be sending in your phone, they would modify it, and then send that same phone back to you. Sounds almost too good to be true if you ask me.
    09-09-2013 12:07 PM
    Really? I'm not sending mine back so that they can rip it apart to customize it but I would if I could build a new one for the 32GB.
    Thanks, maybe I will just swap the device out before I customize it too much. According to the rep, you would be sending in your phone, they would modify it, and then send that same phone back to you. Sounds almost too good to be true if you ask me.
    09-09-2013 01:04 PM
    "Rip it apart" sounds a little harsh since they're just popping off a plate and swapping out the case/buttons, but I see your point if you were interested in upgrading the storage.
    09-09-2013 02:38 PM
    I don't recall the link but did you you the tear down of the moto x that was posted a couple weeks ago? I don't think that there is any quick and clean way of separating the case. Either way I would want a new one if I sent it in.
    "Rip it apart" sounds a little harsh since they're just popping off a plate and swapping out the case/buttons, but I see your point if you were interested in upgrading the storage.
    09-09-2013 03:06 PM