09-11-2013 08:35 PM
36 12
tools
    Coming from a Galaxy Nexus that was flashed to hell and back, I can definitely say I'm fine without root. I like AdAway, but I'll live without it.

I don't miss ROMs right now. Towards the end with my Galaxy Nexus, it seemed like I was just chasing an imaginary, better experience that couldn't actually be had.

Posted via Android Central App
    This is exactly me. I just got burnt out on flashing a couple months ago and settled for stock. 3+ years of flashing. I'm done now.

09-10-2013 09:18 AM
    I've never owned a mobile device that didn't get hacked, even when the device wasn't that popular. I'm fine without root for now, but I do want it, the sooner the better. I'm coming from a CM ROM, and the things I miss most are multiple volume controls on the popup and quick reply to text messages. I also miss being able to pull the notification bar up from anywhere in the tray (not just the bottom), having a flashlight quick toggle, being able to press on the WiFi toggle to turn it off and hold to go to settings, and pressing on the notification tray's clock to go to the clock app or the date to go to the calendar. It's a bunch of small things, but they all improve Android.

See, this is me to a "T". The only thing I never messed with was when I briefly owned an iFone 3Gs. I remember hacking the stew out of my original razr and turning on "Party Lights" and thinking it was the coolest thing ever. That was like 7 or 8 years ago. I probably still have some videos some where. I've always tinkered with stuff. I like the little things in CyanogenMod, mainly the quick toggles. I use them a LOT. I've used them since my original SGS so going away from them means I change the way I use Android, which is fine in the long run, it's just a change.
    09-10-2013 10:28 AM
    Not to hijack my own thread, but I dug up a Party Lights video. You guys think cracked bootloaders, rooting and custom roms are where it's at? Man, no way! This was where it's at! Note, this is totally NWS or PG-13 due to song selection which is a song from Team America World Police. If posting it here crosses the line, I apologize. I know we're largely PG13 here.

I was real hip back then with my hacked TIVO and hacked flip phone.
    09-10-2013 10:43 AM
    I'm fine without root. It's stock Android after all. Plus I like the security since there is so much Android malware out there.
    09-10-2013 11:51 AM
    I don't know if anyone here pays attention over at xda but a VERY big post was just made in the bounty thread
    ultravisitor and JungleLarry like this.
    09-11-2013 12:01 AM
    I don't know if anyone here pays attention over at xda but a VERY big post was just made in the bounty thread
    Fantastic.

Also: jcase is saying that if you want root, don't update your Moto X.
    09-11-2013 12:33 AM
    09-11-2013 12:49 AM
    Im thinking of picking up the Moto X.I also have had Rooted and custom Roms for the last four phones I have had (OG Dinc,Moto Dx,GNexus,GS3)..But had wondered what everyone thought ,having read this thread tho ,now I got a better ideal.
    09-11-2013 09:17 AM
    I'm fine without root. It's stock Android after all. Plus I like the security since there is so much Android malware out there.
    Maybe I am ignorant, but what malware? All my devices are rooted and not a single piece of unwanted anything has come through...
    09-11-2013 09:39 AM
    In fine without root now. It's more secure. I think cyanogenmod's decision to default to no root says a lot about the need for it these days.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app
    09-11-2013 10:20 AM
    Maybe I am ignorant, but what malware? All my devices are rooted and not a single piece of unwanted anything has come through...
    The best protection against Android malware is common sense.
    09-11-2013 08:35 PM
36 12