I recently got the Moto X and I am loving the "ok google now" voice command feature. There is just one problem. Whenever I try to use it when I'm not connected to wifi it gives me a "cannot reach google" error message. I feel like this is a glitch because it would mean that navigation and such would stop working as soon as I'm away from my home wifi. Any information would be appreciated. Thank you.

V
    09-09-2013 08:56 PM
    I recently got the Moto X and I am loving the "ok google now" voice command feature. There is just one problem. Whenever I try to use it when I'm not connected to wifi it gives me a "cannot reach google" error message. I feel like this is a glitch because it would mean that navigation and such would stop working as soon as I'm away from my home wifi. Any information would be appreciated. Thank you.

V
    You need a data connection, mobile or wifi, to use Google Now. It needs to connect with the Google server to provide the appropriate response and/or action. So if you have a data connection it should work fine.
    09-09-2013 08:59 PM
    You need a data connection, mobile or wifi, to use Google Now. It needs to connect with the Google server to provide the appropriate response and/or action. So if you have a data connection it should work fine.
    It still gives me the "can't reach google at the moment" error even though I'm connected via 3G. Is there a setting or something I need to change? (sorry, I'm still getting used to this phone)
    09-09-2013 09:06 PM
    Do a speed test. Maybe your 3g isn't fast enough in your area.

Posted via Android Central App
    09-09-2013 09:17 PM
    Do a speed test. Maybe your 3g isn't fast enough in your area.

Posted via Android Central App
    That is probably it. I live in the middle of nowhere. Thank you both so much!!!
    09-09-2013 09:21 PM