Ok, I got a Moto X over the weekend to test out. My biggest concern was battery life as I am coming from a Razr Maxx. Battery life seems ok.

Two things I cannot figure out (and I searched the last 10 pages of this forum for the answers):

1 - I know Smart Actions are gone...how can I turn off WIFI when I leave my house?
    2 - How can I manually turn my sounds off - there used to be a toggle on the password screen on the Razr. I work in radio and frequently walk into on air studios and need to turn my phone off so it doesn't ring when my jocks are on the air.

Thanks for the help.

Jeff
    09-10-2013 09:13 AM
    Ok, I got a Moto X over the weekend to test out. My biggest concern was battery life as I am coming from a Razr Maxx. Battery life seems ok.

Two things I cannot figure out (and I searched the last 10 pages of this forum for the answers):

1 - I know Smart Actions are gone...how can I turn off WIFI when I leave my house?
    2 - How can I manually turn my sounds off - there used to be a toggle on the password screen on the Razr. I work in radio and frequently walk into on air studios and need to turn my phone off so it doesn't ring when my jocks are on the air.

Thanks for the help.

Jeff
    WiFi and Sounds should have a widget in either the notifications or which can be added on the home screen. To quickly enable/enable WiFi and sounds. Check the notification tray or long press the home screen, add a widget and see if either of the two are available.
    DJJeffT likes this.
    09-10-2013 10:24 AM
    There are two ways to do each.
    WIFI- Go into settings and on the top turn on/off wifi.
    Sounds- Long press the power button and when the menu comes up press the silent or vibrate tab.

The best and quickest way I have found to do both is to download the widgets and place them on your home screen. I have four widget from "Droidmania" which work great.Attachment 80322
    DJJeffT likes this.
    09-10-2013 12:09 PM
    I use Power Toggles.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.painless.pc

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk 4
    DJJeffT likes this.
    09-10-2013 05:01 PM
    WiFi and Sounds should have a widget in either the notifications or which can be added on the home screen. To quickly enable/enable WiFi and sounds. Check the notification tray or long press the home screen, add a widget and see if either of the two are available.
    The sound/volume toggle in the notification panel is not part of Android. That's only part of skins, ROMs, or mods.
    09-10-2013 09:56 PM
    The sound/volume toggle in the notification panel is not part of Android. That's only part of skins, ROMs, or mods.
    Correct. But most OEMs are starting to include the feature as standard. Even though the Moto X practically pure Android, I would have thought something like this would be included in the release - apparently it isn't.
    09-11-2013 10:50 AM