10 days in and some issues popping up

nycdaddio1

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Loving the phone but after 10 days on Verizon I an having some problems.
I first noticed that when I left wifi my phone wasn't automatically switching to 4G and I would have to turn off the wifi to get data when outside.Then yesterday I started not being able to open webpages when on the network. It wouldn't work for an hour and then randomly would start working again.I am in midtown Manhattan and should have great coverage.I called Verizon and they did some troubleshooting but no luck.. he wanted me to pull the sim card but I didn't have the tool so I went to the Verizon store and had it done. it was working fine through the evening and then this morning I started having the same problem. Verizon was very responsive and is overnighting a new phone but I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Loving the phone but after 10 days on Verizon I an having some problems.
I first noticed that when I left wifi my phone wasn't automatically switching to 4G and I would have to turn off the wifi to get data when outside.Then yesterday I started not being able to open webpages when on the network. It wouldn't work for an hour and then randomly would start working again.I am in midtown Manhattan and should have great coverage.I called Verizon and they did some troubleshooting but no luck.. he wanted me to pull the sim card but I didn't have the tool so I went to the Verizon store and had it done. it was working fine through the evening and then this morning I started having the same problem. Verizon was very responsive and is overnighting a new phone but I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue?
Welcome to the forums!

That's very interesting. I hope it's not a problematic issue for the Moto X and instead is a bad device, which can happen. Let us know how the new device works out for you when you receive it. I can't think of anything that would cause the issues you are experiencing other than network problems. However, it appears Verizon is on it and have not identified their network as the issue.