09-15-2013 10:43 PM
78 1234
tools
    Check out the battery life thread for details. The short answer is yes, but it depends on what the usage is. The more you use the screen, play games, watch movies, etc. the lesser that number becomes, but most of us are easily getting 16-20 hours on a charge with 3-6 hours on screen. YMMV depending on what apps are used, how much stuff is syncing, signal type and strength, etc. just like every other device.
    09-11-2013 05:39 PM
    has anhyone figured out if the moto x actually gives 24 hours of mixed usage?
    Just this past weekend, I got just over 24 hours before plugging in and charging. I had been playing games, streaming YouTube, browsing the web, using social media, playing music, downloading music, taking pics, and reading and responding to emails/texts.
    rayden8 and silver1997 like this.
    09-11-2013 05:56 PM
    Just this past weekend, I got just over 24 hours before plugging in and charging. I had been playing games, streaming YouTube, browsing the web, using social media, playing music, downloading music, taking pics, and reading and responding to emails/texts.
    I got 25 hours yesterday with 15% left, but today I used a lot of GPS with LTE (waze) that left a big drain on my battery. At the moment, I am 28% with 3.5 hours screen time and 8 hours and 32 min on-time. This may not seem impressive, but 3 hours were GPS LTE with waze. My iPhone 4s would be dead now.

Posted via Android Central App
    09-11-2013 06:08 PM
    Check out the battery life thread for details. The short answer is yes, but it depends on what the usage is. The more you use the screen, play games, watch movies, etc. the lesser that number becomes, but most of us are easily getting 16-20 hours on a charge with 3-6 hours on screen. YMMV depending on what apps are used, how much stuff is syncing, signal type and strength, etc. just like every other device.
    That sounds about right. I've been pacing towards about 16 hours on LTE with a good signal, not connected to wifi with bluetooth on and extremely frequent usage. It gets much better once wifi is connected.
    09-11-2013 07:26 PM
    idk if this is for every moto x out there, but at 1% battery the phone seems to get in an extra 30mins - 1 hour screen time. (some guy even got 10 hours I believe, not pure screen time, but usage). I got a good 40-50 mins of gaming before mine finally died at 1%
    09-11-2013 09:06 PM
    I played around with the Moto X at a Verizon store today, and the chrome browser seemed a little choppy and hesitant to me. Other than that I loved it. The choppy scrolling in the chrome browser is the only thing holding me back from switching, it's about 80% of what I would use on my phone. IOS on my iPhone is just buttery smooth all the time.
    09-12-2013 02:09 AM
    I played around with the Moto X at a Verizon store today, and the chrome browser seemed a little choppy and hesitant to me. Other than that I loved it. The choppy scrolling in the chrome browser is the only thing holding me back from switching, it's about 80% of what I would use on my phone. IOS on my iPhone is just buttery smooth all the time.
    Chrome runs buttery smooth on my device ..

Big_Gator likes this.
    09-12-2013 02:11 AM
    Chrome runs buttery smooth on my device ..

Ditto. The only thing I've found choppy with mine is swype keyboard. Then again, every phone I have high hopes of being able to use that keyboard smoothly over time it fails me. Google and swiftkey are just coded better.

09-12-2013 02:47 AM
    You aren't actually familiar with what is different about the iPhone 5s and iOS 7. If you need reassurance that you did the right thing by getting a Moto X just be happy with what you have.

I am really happy that I got the moto X. I absolutely love the phone. Just saw the new iPhone 5s announcement and I am even more satisfied with my moto X.
    I was forced to buy the moto x 15 days ago because I was left with no phone as my iphone 4s died on me.

Apart from the finger print scanner and the camera enhancements(which are mostly playing catch up with S4) there's absolutely nothing new about the iphone(Yeah may be the A7 chip and 64 bit arch which I could care less about)

10 Things I absolutely love about my moto x:
    1. Feels great in my hand..actually the best smartphone that I ever held
    2. Phone size is amazing...while still having a 4.7 inch display
    3. Almost stock android
    4. Active notifications
    5. First buttery smooth android phone which is ridiculously fast too
    6. Decent battery life
    7. The integration of visual voicemail into the recent calls. No more reliance on Google Voice App
    8. Pretty decent camera for facebook and instagram...for everything else there is my Nikon DSLR
    9.The motorola connect chrome extension
    10. Motorola Assist is definitely helpful when I am driving

People still on the fence...you will not regret one bit getting the moto x whether switching from an iPhone or other androids out there.
    09-12-2013 11:48 PM
    idk if this is for every moto x out there, but at 1% battery the phone seems to get in an extra 30mins - 1 hour screen time. (some guy even got 10 hours I believe, not pure screen time, but usage). I got a good 40-50 mins of gaming before mine finally died at 1%
    I believe that. When my phone kicks to 20%, it goes super energizer bunny; it just keeps going and going

09-14-2013 01:46 AM
    I think scrolling is affected by the network connection on the moto x. When I scroll on my moto x with bad network, it scrolls choppy because my device isn't getting the internet data fast enough. However, when i have full signal or WiFi it just scrolls like a beast. 100x Faster than my previous iPhone 4s. I also turned animations to run .5x faster because this phone can handle it

09-14-2013 01:53 AM
    Apples stock soared downhill after that announcement. I'm guessing a lot of people were anticipating something more

Umm it goes down every Apple announcement

09-14-2013 03:50 AM
    iPhone 5s is just the iPhone 5 same. Moto X changes a lot.
    No it isn't.

09-14-2013 03:50 AM
    I bought the Moto X assuming apple would disappoint. I am coming from the iPhone 5 because the Moto X is the first phone is a long time that adds actual functionality that I use every day - like active notifications, assist, and active listening. Fingerprint sensor is cool and all, but do I really care about that? Not so much. Steve Jobs had so much vision - he built that company and it was a huge success, then the board ousted him and it tanked. When he came back in the 90's and created the iPod, it took off again and didn't stop until he died. Not sure if there are many people out there that can innovate like that guy, and I think apple is now just trying to keep their customers and share holders instead of innovating.
    Steve Jobs was not Apple. Understand that.

09-14-2013 03:52 AM
    The biggest deal with the newest iPhone to me is the support for 64 bit. But that's not really going to benefit me until 64 bit apps become the norm. In other words there's no incentive to buy a phone with this until probably around 2015.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
    09-14-2013 03:56 AM
    The biggest deal with the newest iPhone to me is the support for 64 bit. But that's not really going to benefit me until 64 bit apps become the norm. In other words there's no incentive to buy a phone with this until probably around 2015.

Search up about the M7 and the camera improvements.

09-14-2013 04:03 AM
    I did, but as I said, I found the possibilities 64 bit apps will open up in the future to be more interesting. But just not at this time.

09-14-2013 07:47 AM
    I did, but as I said, I found the possibilities 64 bit apps will open up in the future to be more interesting. But just not at this time.

I miss my opine that I sold a year ago to get the Nexus 4. Now I'm stuck with the Nexus 4 for another year because I don't have money to buy the iPhone 5S yet( I could ask for it for my birthday)

09-14-2013 08:03 AM
    You aren't actually familiar with what is different about the iPhone 5s and iOS 7. If you need reassurance that you did the right thing by getting a Moto X just be happy with what you have.
    Whatever man... That was just my opinion. If you think otherwise open up a new thread and rant on.

Apple stock dropped around 6% since the announcement, so its not just me who thinks the iphone 5S and 5C have nothing wildly different from the previous gen. oh BTW I've been using iOS 7 for the last 3 months, its ok but nothing great there. If you love it then more power to you.
    09-14-2013 08:47 AM
    Steve Jobs was not Apple. Understand that.

How old are you? Haha.

09-14-2013 08:50 AM

Devs are already doing the 64-bit apps for the 5S.
    09-14-2013 08:55 AM
    Whatever man... That was just my opinion. If you think otherwise open up a new thread and rant on.

Apple stock dropped around 6% since the announcement, so its not just me who thinks the iphone 5S and 5C have nothing wildly different from the previous gen. oh BTW I've been using iOS 7 for the last 3 months, its ok but nothing great there. If you love it then more power to you.
    Apple stock drops after every announcement. Just wait for the earnings call.
    09-14-2013 08:57 AM
    Devs are already doing the 64-bit apps for the 5S.
    Note that I said commonplace. You're not going to start seeing heavy duty apps that take full advantage of it as the new standard norm for at least another year. By this I mean rewriting current apps but just a 64 version of it doesn't count.

Hence why I said there's no incentive to buy the 5S as things are CURRENTLY. But I understand somebody has to get the ball rolling for that to happen

09-14-2013 09:56 PM
    Note that I said commonplace. You're not going to start seeing heavy duty apps that take full advantage of it as the new standard norm for at least another year. By this I mean rewriting current apps but just a 64 version of it doesn't count.

Hence why I said there's no incentive to buy the 5S as things are CURRENTLY. But I understand somebody has to get the ball rolling for that to happen

I think that you will see them quickly, due to the sheer volume of 5S's that will be out there.
    09-14-2013 10:05 PM
    I think that you will see them quickly, due to the sheer volume of 5S's that will be out there.
    Not true heavyweight apps specifically designed to use 64 bit for large complicated tasks you won't. Not commonly so that they are the new norm. Stuff like that will be enterprise level first. Like I said, at least a year.

09-15-2013 03:27 AM
78 1234