Feeling a lot better with my Moto X purchase especially after the iPhone 5s announcement

serenemind

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I am really happy that I got the moto X. I absolutely love the phone. Just saw the new iPhone 5s announcement and I am even more satisfied with my moto X.
I was forced to buy the moto x 15 days ago because I was left with no phone as my iphone 4s died on me.

Apart from the finger print scanner and the camera enhancements(which are mostly playing catch up with S4) there's absolutely nothing new about the iphone(Yeah may be the A7 chip and 64 bit arch which I could care less about)

10 Things I absolutely love about my moto x:
1. Feels great in my hand..actually the best smartphone that I ever held
2. Phone size is amazing...while still having a 4.7 inch display
3. Almost stock android
4. Active notifications
5. First buttery smooth android phone which is ridiculously fast too
6. Decent battery life
7. The integration of visual voicemail into the recent calls. No more reliance on Google Voice App
8. Pretty decent camera for facebook and instagram...for everything else there is my Nikon DSLR
9.The motorola connect chrome extension
10. Motorola Assist is definitely helpful when I am driving

People still on the fence...you will not regret one bit getting the moto x whether switching from an iPhone or other androids out there.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
Agree, but after my last dealings with Moto X support.....I wonder.
I am really happy that I got the moto X. I absolutely love the phone. Just saw the new iPhone 5s announcement and I am even more satisfied with my moto X.
I was forced to buy the moto x 15 days ago because I was left with no phone as my iphone 4s died on me.

Apart from the finger print scanner and the camera enhancements(which are mostly playing catch up with S4) there's absolutely nothing new about the iphone(Yeah may be the A7 chip and 64 bit arch which I could care less about)

3. Almost stock android
4. Active notifications
6. Decent battery life
7. The integration of visual voicemail into the recent calls. No more reliance on Google Voice App
8. Pretty decent camera for facebook and instagram...for everything else there is my Nikon DSLR

People still on the fence...you will not regret one bit getting the moto x whether switching from an iPhone or other androids out there.

serenemind

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't remember exactly if I had to do anything extra or may be I noticed this the first time after getting the moto x. I doubt this has anything to do with google voice. If you go to the recent calls list, any missed calls with voicemail will have a play Icon instead of the regular Phone Icon. Do you see the same on your phone?

Evgeshais300

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm on Verizon... how do you get visual voicemail integrated into recent calls when you have Google Voice?

Farb - I highly suggest you download and set up Google voice. Even if you don't want to use it for the calling features, it is by far the best way to handle voicemail on android, and integrates directly into the call history. This *will* replace your Verizon voicemail so be sure you've listened to and/or cleared all existing voice mails before switching.

I so want to this, but I could never set it up, something about the carrier. (I'm on Verizon). And it does visual voicemail correct?

The error you receive during setup is in regards to the voicemail forwarding. This is required to redirect your missed calls to Google voice. Verizon supports this, but you'll need to do it manually. Its super quick and easy though (see the special instructions for Verizon users):

https://support.google.com/voice/answer/165656?hl=en

It does visual voicemail, voicemail transcribing, and integrates directly into the moto call history so once its set up you'll never have to touch it again if you dont want to. This is just the tip of the ice burg though, if you have the time, check it out in depth as it has many very useful features outside of voicemail.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk 4

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site

3. Almost stock android
4. Active notifications
6. Decent battery life

Apples stock soared downhill after that announcement. I'm guessing a lot of people were anticipating something more

Posted via Android Central App

flydi379

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Haven't figured out how to use assist yet do you have to have it connected to the Bluetooth in your car?
And I would have to agree about Motorola support I called them for several issues still waiting for call back two days later.

PS see my post about Google now reminders not working.

moto_lurker

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi Chad. Did you not receive your phone yet? I've escalated your request through one of the Directors here.

Many apologies for your experience. It's a process that we're refining - but believe me when I say that we're really trying to put the customer first.

If it's not too much to ask, would you be able to highlight what your experience has been with service, the interactions, and any suggestions you might have in a PM? I'll send this directly to the senior leadership here.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Haven't figured out how to use assist yet do you have to have it connected to the Bluetooth in your car?

No. Simply open the Assist app and choose your preferences. Assist works automatically from there. It will recognize when you're driving and switch into driving mode on its own.

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi Chad. Did you not receive your phone yet? I've escalated your request through one of the Directors here.

Many apologies for your experience. It's a process that we're refining - but believe me when I say that we're really trying to put the customer first.

If it's not too much to ask, would you be able to highlight what your experience has been with service, the interactions, and any suggestions you might have in a PM? I'll send this directly to the senior leadership here.

According to a different thread, he was shipped the wrong phone, and was told by Motorola to ship it back. However the phone colors and boot up message matches what he ordered

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I understand how the OP feels. I like Iphones but I wish they would make the screen bigger. I'm also really happy with the Moto X. The Iphone C comes with different colors but I like the way Motorola does it, were yoy can custimize the front and back. I didn't know about the visual VM being integrated, I'm lliking ths phone more and more.

duke1231

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
With the leaks out of China, there was nothing huge about the iphone event, except the finger print reader, which if it doesn't become gimicky like Siri, has some pretty big implications for the future, and how we pay for stuff. I am pretty sure google will do better in this area, just like they did in voice control. It didnt change my mind, on how much I truly love my Moto x. Seriously, that almost edge to edge screen, I just can't stop looking at it. In the words of the movie Contact. "No words... They should have sent a poet." Thats how I feel everytime I turn on my phone.

roadkizzle

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm not going to lie, after loving the fingerprint scanner on my Atrix, it's something I'd love to have had... That said, it and the camera are in no way enough to make me want to go back to iOS.

It is just such an inefficient system to navigate and perform day to day tasks in. It frustrates me after switching to Android and setting it up to be easy and efficient.

dad2paisley

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I got mine yesterday and so far I like it but I don't know if this phone will be my daily driver. I am still liking my HTC One a bit better. I still have 13 days to see.:)

Jason Ganley

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I bought the Moto X assuming apple would disappoint. I am coming from the iPhone 5 because the Moto X is the first phone is a long time that adds actual functionality that I use every day - like active notifications, assist, and active listening. Fingerprint sensor is cool and all, but do I really care about that? Not so much. Steve Jobs had so much vision - he built that company and it was a huge success, then the board ousted him and it tanked. When he came back in the 90's and created the iPod, it took off again and didn't stop until he died. Not sure if there are many people out there that can innovate like that guy, and I think apple is now just trying to keep their customers and share holders instead of innovating.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
I can't say I pay much attention to Apple updates. If you're a happy Android user what difference does it make what Apple is doing?

The original post didn't read like a hardcore Apple user or someone new to Android.