Feeling a lot better with my Moto X purchase especially after the iPhone 5s announcement

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
The biggest deal with the newest iPhone to me is the support for 64 bit. But that's not really going to benefit me until 64 bit apps become the norm. In other words there's no incentive to buy a phone with this until probably around 2015.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Search up about the M7 and the camera improvements.

Posted via Android Central App

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I did, but as I said, I found the possibilities 64 bit apps will open up in the future to be more interesting. But just not at this time.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I did, but as I said, I found the possibilities 64 bit apps will open up in the future to be more interesting. But just not at this time.

I miss my opine that I sold a year ago to get the Nexus 4. Now I'm stuck with the Nexus 4 for another year because I don't have money to buy the iPhone 5S yet( I could ask for it for my birthday)

serenemind

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
You aren't actually familiar with what is different about the iPhone 5s and iOS 7. If you need reassurance that you did the right thing by getting a Moto X just be happy with what you have.

Whatever man... That was just my opinion. If you think otherwise open up a new thread and rant on.

Apple stock dropped around 6% since the announcement, so its not just me who thinks the iphone 5S and 5C have nothing wildly different from the previous gen. oh BTW I've been using iOS 7 for the last 3 months, its ok but nothing great there. If you love it then more power to you.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
The biggest deal with the newest iPhone to me is the support for 64 bit. But that's not really going to benefit me until 64 bit apps become the norm. In other words there's no incentive to buy a phone with this until probably around 2015.

Devs are already doing the 64-bit apps for the 5S.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Whatever man... That was just my opinion. If you think otherwise open up a new thread and rant on.

Apple stock dropped around 6% since the announcement, so its not just me who thinks the iphone 5S and 5C have nothing wildly different from the previous gen. oh BTW I've been using iOS 7 for the last 3 months, its ok but nothing great there. If you love it then more power to you.

Apple stock drops after every announcement. Just wait for the earnings call.

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Devs are already doing the 64-bit apps for the 5S.

Note that I said commonplace. You're not going to start seeing heavy duty apps that take full advantage of it as the new standard norm for at least another year. By this I mean rewriting current apps but just a 64 version of it doesn't count.

Hence why I said there's no incentive to buy the 5S as things are CURRENTLY. But I understand somebody has to get the ball rolling for that to happen

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Note that I said commonplace. You're not going to start seeing heavy duty apps that take full advantage of it as the new standard norm for at least another year. By this I mean rewriting current apps but just a 64 version of it doesn't count.

Hence why I said there's no incentive to buy the 5S as things are CURRENTLY. But I understand somebody has to get the ball rolling for that to happen

I think that you will see them quickly, due to the sheer volume of 5S's that will be out there.

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I think that you will see them quickly, due to the sheer volume of 5S's that will be out there.

Not true heavyweight apps specifically designed to use 64 bit for large complicated tasks you won't. Not commonly so that they are the new norm. Stuff like that will be enterprise level first. Like I said, at least a year.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Not true heavyweight apps specifically designed to use 64 bit for large complicated tasks you won't. Not commonly so that they are the new norm. Stuff like that will be enterprise level first. Like I said, at least a year.

Infinity blade 3 says, at launch of the 5S.

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Infinity blade 3 says, at launch of the 5S.

Yup, tell ya what. When there are around 800 000 64 bit apps, and not just the exact same app rewritten as 64 bit, we'll talk. That's going to happen in 1 year...right?

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Yup, tell ya what. When there are around 800 000 64 bit apps, and not just the exact same app rewritten as 64 bit, we'll talk. That's going to happen in 1 year...right?

I give it max 3 months.

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I give it max 3 months.

3 months for developers of almost a million apps to write apps, all of which have the complexity to bother with 64 bit? You're either insane or deliberately being ridiculous just to yank our chain. Either way I can't take anything you could possibly say from this point forwards seriously.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
3 months for developers of almost a million apps to write apps, all of which have the complexity to bother with 64 bit? You're either insane or deliberately being ridiculous just to yank our chain. Either way I can't take anything you could possibly say from this point forwards seriously.

According to a developer in another thread, the process will be automatic when apps are naturally updated and devs won't need to take any independent action to initiate the changes.

XT1060. Through spacetime.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
According to a developer in another thread, the process will be automatic when apps are naturally updated and devs won't need to take any independent action to initiate the changes.

True for about 90 % of the devs. Very simple process though.

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site

That's not at all what I was talking about, see my earlier posts. There's a huge difference between just converting an app and writing in features that actually use the power of 64 bit.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
That's not at all what I was talking about, see my earlier posts. There's a huge difference between just converting an app and writing in features that actually use the power of 64 bit.

Actually for IOS this is false. How do I know? Been doing it for 6 years.

Steve Garner

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Just purchased a new Moto X. I can not get Moto Assist to work. Drive and Meetings do not work. Spend two hours on phone with Motorola support level 2 and they finally threw up their hands and said they would have to refer to level 3 support. I am afraid this purchase is a mistake...........I have one week left to swap phone for another phone..........may just go back to Iphone.

Anyone else having issues with Moto Assist/

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
Just purchased a new Moto X. I can not get Moto Assist to work. Drive and Meetings do not work. Spend two hours on phone with Motorola support level 2 and they finally threw up their hands and said they would have to refer to level 3 support. I am afraid this purchase is a mistake...........I have one week left to swap phone for another phone..........may just go back to Iphone.

Anyone else having issues with Moto Assist/

Interesting. Try a factory restore and if that doesn't work then swap it out. I love my moto x but am getting the 5s because of the terrible moto support. I will keep both for awhile. Then eBay the loser. All bets are off when the nexus 5 is released of course:))

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21