wrong phone?

chad rodgers

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I received my moto x several Days late and with no tracking numbers. Now moto has contacted me to tell me I have the wrong phone. They want mine back prior to me getting the original. Im so confused. I love the phone but Motorola has really effed this up. And all the techs have a hard time understanding me. P.s. they don't know where my phone is.

Posted via my nexus 7

hatchex

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
That's strange but maybe you should talk to your carrier and ask a a rep

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

chad rodgers

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I think Ill have to go to Att. They won't swap me phones until they find mine. Its weird, because the phone is fine. All colors are the same and even my boot up phrase. But the imei numbers don't match.

Posted via my nexus 7

kjhee43

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
They want mine back prior to me getting the original.

So they messed up and want you to be inconvenienced? I understand why they want it back fist (because if they send you the correct one whats to stop you from keeping both) but this sounds pretty crappy. What if you had already sold your old phone? I wouldn't send it back until you have a tracking number.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to keep it until I get my right one. Not sure how that even happened.

Posted via Android Central App
That's what I would do. I'd politely tell them this situation falls squarely in the "not my problem" category, if I even felt like responding to their communication any longer.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Let's stay on topic here. If you take issue with a user or post, report it, and move on. If you don't see any productive use in responding (and recognize that you likely cannot offer any help), replying to state that fact does nothing but inconvenience and frustrate those who may be seeking assistance or information.