Has anyone actually had a good experience with Moto Customer Care. I have read only horror stories, and now have one of my own. You know your customer support is horrible when Android disciples are saying Apple support is what you should emulate.

My issue is nothing compared to you peeps with phone issues. This is just an order for a MotoSkip...I know, I know, but curiosity will kill the cat.

Anyhow, placed the order for the Skip on Tuesday, 9/3. Website said ships in 1-2 days. Waited 3 days and called for an update. Was told item would arrive to me in 4-5 business days. Today is day 5 and order has still not shipped. Called again. The very sweet young lady said she had no info other than it will ship sometime in the future. I asked to escalate as I needed more than that. She wanted to hang up and have "someone call me back" but after reading the, more than a few, stories about people NEVER getting called back, I asked her to place me on hold and escalate to a supervisor. After a brief hold, a supervisor came on and told me that the order showed ready to ship, which meant it was just waiting to be released to the shipper. He told me he was going to escalate to the shipping dept to make sure it went out ASAP. I don't believe him. He also said for my trouble,, he would be authorizing a $50 Google Play Card to be sent to me. I'm going to say that is as unlikely as the shipping department doing anything. I just went back and looked at the link I had used to order the Skip and the links I found via google searches and I can't find a product page for the Skip any longer. The Skip URL redirects to the main Moto X page and there is no link from there to the Skip page.

Here's the problem MOTO. Once your customer service sucks, nobody believes anything you say any more, even if it might be true. We are all connected pretty tightly these days with Social Media and Forums like this. Experiences like mine and the others I've read here and on the Moto forums spread like wildfire.

By the way,. here's a suggestion about calling support, any support. I worked in varying positions for a Verizon call center for 10 years. EVERYONE has a boss, and so one and so on. The only person without a boss is the CEO, and he/she has a whole bunch, the Board or Directors and the stockholders. When you call a call center and you are not getting the help you require, politely ask that your issue be escalated in person to the next level of suppport. If they want to have someone call you back in 24-48 hours, tell them you would be happy to wait while they bring a supervisor on the line. 9 times out of 10, they will relent and do just that. They are often trained to make that in-person escalation a total last resort and if they can get you off the call without engaging a supervisor directly, they can go on to the next call. I'm not saying this will always work, but your chances of getting somewhere are a thousand times better than waiting for that phone to ring.

Based on the inability to get an acceptable answer and the Skip page being taken down, my guess is I won't see the order anytime soon, if ever. It's ok, they haven't charged me yet. Still, the bad taste in my mouth would have likely been less if I had not already gone into the Customer Care exchanged already reading about so many dropped balls.
    09-10-2013 05:52 PM
    They gave me 25 dollars to the Motorola site for my troubles.. I was charged 1,200 dollars. Still waiting for the money to get put back into my account.

They didn't tell me they would send a coupon for the replacement order of my phone now. They told me to order another and send back mine and at that point I would be refunded the 627 hold on the replacement phone.

They charged me for the coupon on top of the order I placed. I'm not sweating it it will get taken care of.

Posted via Android Central App
    09-10-2013 06:06 PM
    They gave me 25 dollars to the Motorola site for my troubles.. I was charged 1,200 dollars. Still waiting for the money to get put back into my account.

They didn't tell me they would send a coupon for the replacement order of my phone now. They told me to order another and send back mine and at that point I would be refunded the 627 hold on the replacement phone.

They charged me for the coupon on top of the order I placed. I'm not sweating it it will get taken care of.

Posted via Android Central App
    Yikes!! Well, like I said, my Skip issue pales in comparison to things like this. Still, if you know anything about customer service, you (I don't mean the specific you, but the general you) know the $5 order is just as important as the $2500 order, cuz if you screw up the $5 order someone might never make the $2500 order. I really hope you get your money back ASAP.
    09-10-2013 06:13 PM