I'm coming for you Moto X!!! You are mine. For whatever reason, even after all the rumors and pre-announcement speculation, I was supremely underwhelmed. It IS time to make the jump.
    09-10-2013 06:26 PM
    Congratulations!
    09-10-2013 06:27 PM
    You might want to read the Moto customer support issues on here first. But, then again, no one comes close to Apple customer support.
    09-10-2013 06:33 PM
    You might want to read the Moto customer support issues on here first. But, then again, no one comes close to Apple customer support.
    Why's that sir? Bad stuff? I've actually never had to employ customer support so I'm curious.
    09-10-2013 06:35 PM
    Why's that sir? Bad stuff? I've actually never had to employ customer support so I'm curious.
    Yeah, bad stuff. Check out other threads in this forum.
    09-10-2013 06:38 PM
    Someone received a phone intended for someone else and is having confusion on resolving that issue and another person had an issue doing an RMA on a damaged device. Both were apparently told that Moto would call them back and had not heard back. Someone who apparently works for Motorola is in those threads trying to find resolutions and escalate the issues to the right desks.
    09-10-2013 06:41 PM
    Yeah, bad stuff. Check out other threads in this forum.
    Yea, just read everything. You're absolutely right. There's no excuse for that stuff. One thing my iPhone 5 has going for it is that it works always and without fail. This stuff does give me big pause. Thanks for the heads up. May have to think about this more.
    jb20 likes this.
    09-10-2013 06:42 PM
    Yea, just read everything. You're absolutely right. There's no excuse for that stuff. One thing my iPhone 5 has going for it is that it works always and without fail. This stuff does give me big pause. Thanks for the heads up. May have to think about this more.
    If Motorola had apples customer support they would be number one in about a year.

Posted via Android Central App
    09-10-2013 06:43 PM
    Keep in mind that a lot of the time people have issues with their phone so they make an account here just to look for solutions. I'm sure if you had every Moto X buyer register on Android Central and post their thoughts the reviews would be overwhelmingly positive.

No excuse for the mistakes, of course, just offering a little perspective.
    09-10-2013 06:46 PM
    I agree the posts are ridiculous situations, but keep in mind that these same threads exist on the forums for other OS's and that it's very rare to see a post that says, "I did an exchange and everything went great!" or, "no issues, here, just thought you should know". For someone to go through the energy, minimal though it is, to create an account to report an issue usually requires an issue to complain about. I'd be pretty upset in their shoes, but I don't let anecdotal occurrences from a tiny minority sway decisions too much because otherwise there wouldn't be a single manufacturer to buy from.
    qxr, akhi216, GadgetGator and 1 others like this.
    09-10-2013 06:46 PM
    Don't let some dude In here scare you from purchasing..so far what I've read is isolated incidents with their phone. Including mine where the speaker was bad. I got my replacement phone today.. order went in yesterday..phone today. The customer service is a hassle because it's non American support.

Apple only has its stores going for it self.. and I don't feel highly of them. Their representative sold me an anything but water damage Apple care plan on my 1,700 laptop purchase and when I came back with a broke screen they told me it only extends manufacturer defects warranty and wanted me to pay 700 for a new screen. So Apple ain't all that great either if you look at it from my side of the fence.

This phone is without a doubt the best phone I've used with its features, size and performance. Get the phone. You won't be let down.

PS. Don't get cement colored back, it's slippery compared to the matte black I got in today.

09-10-2013 07:28 PM
    I can't wait for the next thread after you decide again.
    09-10-2013 07:55 PM
    few bad stuffs != many satisfied customer
    09-10-2013 08:06 PM
    I agree the posts are ridiculous situations, but keep in mind that these same threads exist on the forums for other OS's and that it's very rare to see a post that says, "I did an exchange and everything went great!" or, "no issues, here, just thought you should know". For someone to go through the energy, minimal though it is, to create an account to report an issue usually requires an issue to complain about. I'd be pretty upset in their shoes, but I don't let anecdotal occurrences from a tiny minority sway decisions too much because otherwise there wouldn't be a single manufacturer to buy from.
    True. What I find worse than the people slamming devices are those guys who hunt every legitimate problem post just to chirp in that their issues aren't valid along with a "mine works great!" comment. Like they want a cookie or something

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
    09-10-2013 08:46 PM
    Buy the regular moto x at the At&t store, you will not have any of those issues and your phone will retain its value better than the custom phones. I love my black moto X, no issues so far.

The posts that are talking about customer support/service issues are exceptions but not the experience of every single moto x buyer
    09-10-2013 08:54 PM
    Someone received a phone intended for someone else and is having confusion on resolving that issue and another person had an issue doing an RMA on a damaged device. Both were apparently told that Moto would call them back and had not heard back. Someone who apparently works for Motorola is in those threads trying to find resolutions and escalate the issues to the right desks.
    Yes. Moto_lurker has helped me.

Aquila and osubeavs728 like this.
    09-10-2013 08:58 PM
    Remember that when phones are new, the forums are often filled with threads about problems people are having with bugs and support issues. That doesn't mean that there aren't lots of satisfied customers. Everyone is just busy discovering the new phone. If you're really concerned, then wait it out for a bit. The issues will settle down.
    09-10-2013 09:48 PM
    I'm not saying that the X is a bad phone, but quite the opposite. I believe that it is a great phone. But if you look back over the forums for the past year, you will see that Motorola customer service sucks. Hopefully, you won't have to deal with them.

Motorola customer service complaints, reviews, ratings and comments
    09-10-2013 10:26 PM
    Don't let some dude In here scare you from purchasing..so far what I've read is isolated incidents with their phone. Including mine where the speaker was bad. I got my replacement phone today.. order went in yesterday..phone today. The customer service is a hassle because it's non American support.

Apple only has its stores going for it self.. and I don't feel highly of them. Their representative sold me an anything but water damage Apple care plan on my 1,700 laptop purchase and when I came back with a broke screen they told me it only extends manufacturer defects warranty and wanted me to pay 700 for a new screen. So Apple ain't all that great either if you look at it from my side of the fence.

This phone is without a doubt the best phone I've used with its features, size and performance. Get the phone. You won't be let down.

PS. Don't get cement colored back, it's slippery compared to the matte black I got in today.

Unless the Applecare had a replacement option like the Applecare+ does on the iPhone (with a deductible) for damage, why would you expect Apple to pay for a broken screen? Just wondering...
    09-10-2013 10:29 PM
    Unless the Applecare had a replacement option like the Applecare+ does on the iPhone (with a deductible) for damage, why would you expect Apple to pay for a broken screen? Just wondering...
    Because the sales rep that sold it to me said the coverage was for anything but water damage. I told her are you sure? She says yes, anything buy water damage. I told her because I could go to best buy and buy this cheaper with a warranty just like that and her reply was yes but they are not certified apple technicians to which I replied I know that's why I'm here buying it.

It is what it is. Even though I'm still bitter about it 5 months later.

09-10-2013 11:46 PM
    Don't know about Motorola support. But do know about Apple for my wife's iPhone 5. After years of excellent support with iPhones, it was pretty bad. Issue never really resolved even after a visit to an Apple store. Truly disappointed because it had always been the best. Just our own experience in this one specific case. But it did color our evaluation!

09-14-2013 09:53 PM
    Don't know about Motorola support. But do know about Apple for my wife's iPhone 5. After years of excellent support with iPhones, it was pretty bad. Issue never really resolved even after a visit to an Apple store. Truly disappointed because it had always been the best. Just our own experience in this one specific case. But it did color our evaluation!

But you won't get "years" with anyone else. I can't speak about your issue, as I have no info.
    09-14-2013 10:00 PM
    I've been dealing with apples customer support for years at work. They're nothing special.

I dealt with Motorola's this week a couple times, they were about average too.

09-15-2013 07:52 PM
    Keep in mind that a lot of the time people have issues with their phone so they make an account here just to look for solutions. I'm sure if you had every Moto X buyer register on Android Central and post their thoughts the reviews would be overwhelmingly positive.

No excuse for the mistakes, of course, just offering a little perspective.
    It is like flying and the news, they do not report on the million of safe flights, just the few bad ones. If you based you decision on just the news reports you would never fly.
    joeldeezy likes this.
    09-16-2013 09:02 AM
    I've been dealing with apples customer support for years at work. They're nothing special.

I dealt with Motorola's this week a couple times, they were about average too.

People are referring to the comparison between the two for which company and replaces a defective phone the fastest and easiest, not how Susie is on the other end of the phone for each company

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    09-16-2013 08:33 PM