09-19-2013 11:20 AM
54 123
tools
    I wanted to post these as an example of the "inconsistencies" you get with the Moto X camera. Now don't take that as me dogging it, rather I've actually been pleasantly surprised by the camera after reading all the so-so reviews from users. For reference sake, I've also got the S4 and iPhone 5, so I know what a top of the line cell phone camera looks like.

These were taken seconds apart in bright sunlight. No HDR. Just notice how washed out the first one looks and how much better the colors are in the second. Again, taken seconds apart, no filters, no post production...straight from the camera.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/19/5usadupe.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/19/jy4upyqa.jpg

What I will say is that this gives me hope that this is a software issue that can be addressed with an update. It seems the software is all over the place in post on the phone. Of course, this can also be fixed by running the photos through an editing app and messing with the color, saturation, exposure, etc. But no one wants to have to do that to nearly every picture.

So hopefully we'll see this update before long, because other than the inconsistent camera, I do love this phone. :thumbup:

Sent from my Moto X
    Now, it may just be that I live in Texas, but that first picture looks much more like the world I'm used to. The bottom picture looks to fresh and green for any normal grassy yard I know.
    KentuckyHouse likes this.
    09-19-2013 10:32 AM
    Now, it may just be that I live in Texas, but that first picture looks much more like the world I'm used to. The bottom picture looks to fresh and green for any normal grassy yard I know.
    Haha, yeah I thought about that (people living in drier environments). Our grass is pretty green here as we've had a decent amount of rain this summer, though.

The big thing is just the difference between the two. It amazes me that it could be that different from one second to the next.

Sent from my Moto X
    09-19-2013 10:34 AM
    you would think that someone at google or motorola would say we have a camera issues and need to fix this before the phone is released. I would think that people who test phones would bring this issue up. and with all the talk about how the camera is a top priority in todays phone market they would give there best if they wanted to compete. i just dont get it.
    09-19-2013 10:52 AM
    Unfortunately it seems that every new phone is released with a quite extensive "known bugs list". Typically the most critical and fastest ones to resolve are scheduled to be taken care of within a 1-1.5 months of the phones release ota while the more complex issues that aren't quite as critical are scheduled for a 3-5 months post release ota. I expect we'll see camera improvements, call quality improvements, bluetooth improvements and "hopefully" an update to Android 4.3. I'd say we can probably expect the OTA within 2-4 weeks from now, in fact it's possibly even already done and could be starting carrier testing/approval.
    09-19-2013 11:20 AM
54 123