Anyone on VZ unlimited tried using SVTP for hotspot? I have GNex and am interested in getting Moto X but want to use SVTP for hotspot.

Posted via Android Central App
    09-11-2013 09:06 AM
    I've never tried SVTP but I'll give it a shot as soon as I can load it. Foxfi has been my work around for Verizon's hotspot with my unlimited data. I'll report back once I can try it out.

Posted via my MotoX
    09-11-2013 09:23 AM
    I can answer your question. I came from the GNex to the Maxx, which is the same software as the X. I also used SVTP for a hotspot on my GNex. I am also on Verizon with unlimited data. I can tell you with certainty that the SVTP hotspot (or any other hotspot app, I tried FoxFi also) will not work on the new Moto phones. I am hoping that this is temporary and a work around will be found.

Right now my only option is to activate Verizon's Mobile Hotspot app at $30.00 a month. Now in my case I don't use the hotspot too often so I could add it, use it for a few days (like on vacation) and then cancel it and only be charged a prorated amount, about $1.00 per day. But if you use your hotspot a lot then it is going to cost you a LOT.

Let hope all of the new Moto phones get root so we can get around this problem.
    09-11-2013 09:42 AM
    FoxFi works based on other threads and my one time test

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk 4
    09-11-2013 10:02 AM
    Don't do the Verizon hotspot!! Waste of your cash. I use foxfi on my X and used it on my RAZR RAZR Maxx and RAZR Maxx HD. No issues as long as you buy the foxfi key as well. Without the key it limits you.

Posted via my MotoX
    09-11-2013 10:18 AM
    I can answer your question. I came from the GNex to the Maxx, which is the same software as the X. I also used SVTP for a hotspot on my GNex. I am also on Verizon with unlimited data. I can tell you with certainty that the SVTP hotspot (or any other hotspot app, I tried FoxFi also) will not work on the new Moto phones. I am hoping that this is temporary and a work around will be found.

Right now my only option is to activate Verizon's Mobile Hotspot app at $30.00 a month. Now in my case I don't use the hotspot too often so I could add it, use it for a few days (like on vacation) and then cancel it and only be charged a prorated amount, about $1.00 per day. But if you use your hotspot a lot then it is going to cost you a LOT.

I concur on SVTP. I just loaded I and its not functioning for me. Foxfi does work for me though. I suggest that as a hotspot app that works well on androids with Verizon.

Posted via my MotoX
    09-11-2013 11:03 AM
    The Verizon Moto X was just rooted last night. Perhaps the exploit will work on the Droids since they're so similar.
    09-11-2013 11:11 AM
    Foxfire does not work for me on my Maxx. If it is working on the X then lucky you!

Posted via Android Central App
    09-11-2013 04:02 PM