So, I'm really new to Android. I used the Moto X to leave the iPhone train. Now I'm getting stuck and I could use some help.

Somehow, my good contacts made it onto my Moto X. Unfortunately, I can't seem to edit them and have them sync with my Google Contacts. There is a "People" app on my phone, which is the only way that I can find to edit them, however, when I go into a contact there is a banner that reads "My Phone Only, unsynced". I don't have the option to add a Google account to this address book.

Simply put, I just want to be able to search, edit and use the same google contacts from Gmail and have them be in sync all of the time. I don't care about syncing with FB, ATT Address Book, etc.

I know that there is a simple answer to this problem, I just can't figure out what it is!
    09-11-2013 09:23 AM
    So, I'm really new to Android. I used the Moto X to leave the iPhone train. Now I'm getting stuck and I could use some help.

Somehow, my good contacts made it onto my Moto X. Unfortunately, I can't seem to edit them and have them sync with my Google Contacts. There is a "People" app on my phone, which is the only way that I can find to edit them, however, when I go into a contact there is a banner that reads "My Phone Only, unsynced". I don't have the option to add a Google account to this address book.

Simply put, I just want to be able to search, edit and use the same google contacts from Gmail and have them be in sync all of the time. I don't care about syncing with FB, ATT Address Book, etc.

I know that there is a simple answer to this problem, I just can't figure out what it is!
    Go into your contacts. Bottom right hit the menu icon...hit account. You'll see options, one being your google account. Click that. You'll see the list of everything with your account, make sure contacts are checked. Top right menu button has sync option. Click and sync

Posted via my MotoX
    grooks likes this.
    09-11-2013 09:27 AM
    Thanks, myRT. Unfortunately, I don't have a "Contacts" app. I feel like I'm missing something.
    09-11-2013 09:35 AM
    Thanks, myRT. Unfortunately, I don't have a "Contacts" app. I feel like I'm missing something.
    Your people app that you mentioned is what I should have said. Its the same as contacts. Its just renamed I guess. Same app.

Posted via my MotoX
    09-11-2013 10:21 AM
    OK, so I think that I've figured out my root problem. In "People" app, the You'll see options, one being your google account, I don't have a google account listed. It only displays "Motorola", "ATT Address Book" and "Facebook". That said, in Settings->Accounts->Google, my gmail account is listed and everything is set to auto-sync.

I just found my error - I had somehow disabled the Google Contact Sync app. Now that it's enabled, I'm good to go.
    grooks likes this.
    09-11-2013 10:32 AM