Those of you with a white one, hows it holding up? (vs. dirt)...

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
i love my moto, but for some reason i'm thinking of exchanging for a white one, I usually use a case but sometimes take it off at night, how's your color holding up?

rajeshr68

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Don't. I've seen two white ones; both have been fairly dirty. You might be able to enjoy the white if you put a body cover on it right away but naked, it tends to get dirty soon.

Wobblin30

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I have a white one but it's been cased (clear Diztronic) since I got it. If you plan on taking it out here and there, you should be fine.

Posted via the indispensable Android Central App

smcd5213

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Little piece of a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser took the couple of dark smudges I spotted on the sides of my white X right off. (They were present right out of the box.)

Its a stretch to claim that a demo unit molested by countless unwashed masses is absolutely indicative of how an individual's phone will look. Use of a case and/or common sense will go a long way, plus the stray smudge can be cleaned up.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Don't. I've seen two white ones; both have been fairly dirty. You might be able to enjoy the white if you put a body cover on it right away but naked, it tends to get dirty soon.

Yeah. Look at the white demos in the stores. They are rank.

Posted via Android Central App

I have a white one but it's been cased (clear Diztronic) since I got it. If you plan on taking it out here and there, you should be fine.

Posted via the indispensable Android Central App

Little piece of a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser took the couple of dark smudges I spotted on the sides of my white X right off. (They were present right out of the box.)

Its a stretch to claim that a demo unit molested by countless unwashed masses is absolutely indicative of how an individual's phone will look. Use of a case and/or common sense will go a long way, plus the stray smudge can be cleaned up.

yeah, i was thinking the mr. clean would would be a fix. gosh, i am so torn. what the heck to do. The black is so boring because the device is so nondescript, but just not entirely sure how i feel about the white. The white also creates an optical illusion of it being smaller somehow, which i like. ugh, I was hoping every person would regret their white purchase so i wouldn't have to consider it anymore. lol.

dj ozone

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I have the white stock Moto X and I love it!...The color stands out and people think its the new iphone lol

It can collect little smudges on the woven back so every couple of days I would wipe it down with a slightly moist paper towel with a tiny drop of bleach and dishwashing liquid on it....inexpensive and quick way to brighten it back up...

Now I have this case on it:
Hyperion Frost Clear Moto X Case

I like the case a lot it:

• keeps the dimple
  • keeps it clean
  • feels good with a kind of matte but clear frost backing
  • only $6.99
  • protects my device, i feel so much more secure about it compared to when it was naked
  • the lip protects the screen from scratches when the phone is turned over
  • does not cover up the all white color of the phone
  • made from a flexible but stiff not spongy material
  • does not add a lot of bulk to the phone

I probably wont have to clean it as much with the case on its been two days and im looking like new!!

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I have the white stock Moto X and I love it!...The color stands out and people think its the new iphone lol

It can collect little smudges on the woven back so every couple of days I would wipe it down with a slightly moist paper towel with a tiny drop of bleach and dishwashing liquid on it....inexpensive and quick way to brighten it back up...

Now I have this case on it:
Hyperion Frost Clear Moto X Case

I like the case a lot it:

• keeps the dimple
  • keeps it clean
  • feels good with a kind of matte but clear frost backing
  • only $6.99
  • protects my device, i feel so much more secure about it compared to when it was naked
  • the lip protects the screen from scratches when the phone is turned over
  • does not cover up the all white color of the phone
  • made from a flexible but stiff not spongy material
  • does not add a lot of bulk to the phone

I probably wont have to clean it as much with the case on its been two days and im looking like new!!

That's pretty much the exact case i have on my black moto.:D. except for the opening at the dimple, it's actually the same case, i love it. oh man. verrry close to making the switch. gonna sleep on it. thanks.

btw, if you've never tried a Mr. Clean Magic spongy thing, try it, it gets stuff off easy peasy that otherwise take effort.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I went black. A phone as efficient and subtle as this deserves to be dressed like a ninja.

XT1060. Through spacetime.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I've had my white one for about 2 weeks and it looks fine. Of course I go out of my way to make sure that on my phone nice.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk 4

pgood4

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I have the white weave back on my moto maker version and it hasn't picked up any dirt yet. I don't have a case and I just throw it in my pocket...no problems so far. My developer htc one picked up stains much more easily. I don't think the x will stain based on my experience so far.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
The black is so boring because the device is so nondescript,

Personally, I think the black is beautiful. I love how the front of the device is simply a slab of pure, uninterrupted black glass when the screen isn't lit up--no branding, buttons, or any other markings. Just smooth, black glass. There are so few phones like that. The Galaxy Nexus was the same, and that was one of my favorite things about it.

The woven white back is gorgeous. It's just the front that I don't like. I kind of hate the way the black screen is surrounded by white borders on the white phone.

If I had the opportunity to use Moto Maker, then one of the designs I'd be likely to get would be the woven white back with a black front.

sunburned

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Mine is definitely collecting some dirt on the back. I haven't tried to clean it yet, just threw a super thin black case over it for some contrast. I like the white color and would rather not use a case, but getting dirty at work and working on cars will wreak havoc on the phone I think.

wpnokia920

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Like someone else stated phone came out of the box brand new a little dingy. Took it home and wiped it with a alcohol face pad, worked great now it's bright and white. 70% isopropyl alcohol aka rubbing alcohol always works well. Usually pretty safe.

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I tried the white briefly, because its a bit different and I prefer how the back feels to the soft touch of the black. Stuck with the black though because I can be anal about keeping the phone pristine and Im not confident that the white will retain its original color over time. Just don't believe it, magic eraser or not.

dj ozone

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
just tried the rubbing alchol to clean it...works great!!

Like someone else stated phone came out of the box brand new a little dingy. Took it home and wiped it with a alcohol face pad, worked great now it's bright and white. 70% isopropyl alcohol aka rubbing alcohol always works well. Usually pretty safe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol