09-24-2013 10:47 AM
47 12
tools
    Just called got the same 7-10 day crap. Instead though she told me you wll actually get the phone within 7-10 days.
    09-13-2013 04:38 PM
    I ordered mine late Saturday night and it is out for delivery this morning (Tues).

Posted via Android Central App
    09-17-2013 07:52 AM
    Actually, that's exactly how it works. That's why companies advertise "same day shipping" or state that an item will ship within 3-5 business days after ordering.
    No, that is not how it works. If you order from Amazon, with 2-day shipping, you will have the item in 2 days.
    09-17-2013 08:22 AM
    No, that is not how it works. If you order from Amazon, with 2-day shipping, you will have the item in 2 days.
    Assuming that you order by a certain time, yes. The difference is that Amazon is rushing the, "handling time" to get it to 2-3 business days in total. That's very different than someone else saying, "typically ships in 1-2 business days" several screens before you select your shipment options.

Two companies are handling the parcel and they're quoting their times separately. Amazon is using their weight as a massive shipper to quote, "get it by" times.

XT1060. Through spacetime.
    09-17-2013 08:31 AM
    Well I received my phone. It was ordered on 09/09/13 @ 2:30pm and was delivered 09/16/13 @ 10:30am
    Aquila likes this.
    09-17-2013 09:26 AM
    When the item is in stock and you order by a certain time, yes. That's why the green "In Stock" appears below the price. Other companies give similar stock indicators or shipping indicators, such as Google's "Ships by [date]."

For instance, you can order an item with two-day shipping, but if it isn't in stock or is within the company's window for handling the product, you won't get it within two days. Two-day shipping means it will take two days from the time it is actually shipped.

That's very different than someone else saying, "typically ships in 1-2 business days" several screens before you select your shipment options.
    This. Either people don't pay attention when they order or they have reading comprehension problems. Considering all the people who misinterpret things like Google's "Ships by [date]" to mean that it ships on that date or the number of people who apparently ignore other handling indicators, I'm betting on the latter.
    09-17-2013 10:32 AM
    When the item is in stock and you order by a certain time, yes. That's why the green "In Stock" appears below the price. Other companies give similar stock indicators or shipping indicators, such as Google's "Ships by [date]."

For instance, you can order an item with two-day shipping, but if it isn't in stock or is within the company's window for handling the product, you won't get it within two days. Two-day shipping means it will take two days from the time it is actually shipped.

This. Either people don't pay attention when they order or they have reading comprehension problems. Considering all the people who misinterpret things like Google's "Ships by [date]" to mean that it ships on that date or the number of people who apparently ignore other handling indicators, I'm betting on the latter.
    You are not understanding what is going on....... The web page says "IN STOCK - 2 DAY SHIPPING" It does not say "IN STOCK - SHIPS IN 2 DAYS" or IN STOCK - SHIPS BY (date)"

This not a custom moto maker phone. I would believe that you need time to make this because it would be a special order. But when in states in stock - 2 days shipping that is what it should be. Not in stock... but we gave it to fedex 3 days later to ship.
    09-17-2013 07:17 PM
    seriously ??? this is such a big issue? S##t happens, it got to you later than it should have. If you got to have it like , right now, go to a store and pick it up.

You are not understanding what is going on....... The web page says "IN STOCK - 2 DAY SHIPPING" It does not say "IN STOCK - SHIPS IN 2 DAYS" or IN STOCK - SHIPS BY (date)"

This not a custom moto maker phone. I would believe that you need time to make this because it would be a special order. But when in states in stock - 2 days shipping that is what it should be. Not in stock... but we gave it to fedex 3 days later to ship.
    09-17-2013 08:25 PM

If it said "IN STOCK - 2 DAY SHIPPING", then you should have received it in 2 days, unless a weekend was involved. But 9/9 was on a Monday, so it should have arrived on 9/11, unless it was ordered late on 9/9, then by 9/12. Moto is just screwing up on some shipping.
    ChuckG73 and anthony2558 like this.
    09-17-2013 08:28 PM
    seriously ??? this is such a big issue? S##t happens, it got to you later than it should have. If you got to have it like , right now, go to a store and pick it up.
    Really. Another one that needs to chime in. I can't get it at the store, I had to but it from Motorola direct. The situation is not the needing it part. Its the fact they state something and later can't fulfill it. Then u ask a question and they give you no answer cause they have no clue why.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk 2
    09-17-2013 08:29 PM
    But moto's own reps quoted 7 business days handling. That'd mean anything within 14 calendar days is within their expected acceptable range. 7+2+1 (exchange)=10 business days=14 days.

09-17-2013 08:30 PM
    It's a big issue if he was looking for it in 2 days. There have been several reports of screwed-up shipping by Moto.
    anthony2558 likes this.
    09-17-2013 08:30 PM
    But moto's own reps quoted 7 business days handling. That'd mean anything within 14 calendar days is within their expected acceptable range.

Then they should post "up to seven days handling time, and 2-day shipping when shipped".
    anthony2558 likes this.
    09-17-2013 08:32 PM
    Then they should post "up to seven days handling time, and 2-day shipping when shipped".
    I agree. I think most people assume it's 2 day shipping from when it ships, but I'd prefer, "expected delivery date" next to it.

anthony2558 likes this.
    09-17-2013 08:34 PM
    I ordered the Dev edition on Wednesday and still waiting for it to either get a tracking number or something. I am half tempted to save 100 dollars and just go pick it up at VZW. Is the dev edition on verizon worth the extra money? Doesn't it come with same bloatware?
    09-20-2013 06:15 AM
    I ordered the Dev edition on Wednesday and still waiting for it to either get a tracking number or something. I am half tempted to save 100 dollars and just go pick it up at VZW. Is the dev edition on verizon worth the extra money? Doesn't it come with same bloatware?
    Yes, but it's your only option if you want 32GB and/or are interested in unlocking the bootloader.
    09-20-2013 09:09 AM
    Chuck: Good Morning Paul
    Lianne Paul: Yes I'm here and I'll be more than happy to assist you
    Chuck: Thanks
    Lianne Paul: let me check the order number chuck please hold on for a sec
    Lianne Paul: My apology for the inconvenience
    Chuck: How is Motorola going to make this right?
    Lianne Paul: Thank you for holding Charles, I have checked the Expected delivery date on here but it doesn't have the date yet. Honestly the expected delivery date could be 7-10 days from the time that the order was created and in your case the order was created on the 18th of Sept
    Chuck: again
    Chuck: How is it that if I custom ordered one I would get it in 4 days
    Chuck: If I order one that is in stock it takes 7-10 days
    Chuck: how is that considered 2 day shipping
    Lianne Paul: Actually the 4 days turn around has also been changed to 7-10 days due to high demand, initial delivery times may vary
    Chuck: again but they are building those phones after the order is put in
    Chuck: This was already in stock
    Chuck: what is the excuse for it taking 5-8 days to pull it off a shelf and ship
    Chuck: See how silly it sounds when asked that way
    Chuck: I know you are a cust rep and it is no way your fault, but somebody really screwed this launch of the dev ed
    Lianne Paul: My apology Charles but we don't have information what is going on in the depot after a customer submitted the order we are also dealing with the people behind it if what are the updates that they will put on the order status
    Chuck: Thanks Paul
    Chuck: Have a great day and I hope Motorola will do something to make this right
    Chuck: Refund shipping
    Chuck: Include a skip
    Chuck: sned an email of apology
    Chuck: something would be nice
    Chuck: I hope this chat can be viewed by your superior
    Lianne Paul: I'm sorry charles for any inconvenience we will work on this and make sure that everything will be fine
    Chuck: You have done a great job and I would love this message to be seen by more at Motorola
    09-22-2013 08:34 AM
    Still had not shipped

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app
    09-23-2013 09:09 PM
    Still had not shipped

Go on Google+ and hit up +Matt Jones or +Punit Soni they are really trying to help people that haven't gotten their phone shipped yet. They seem to have helped a lot out so far.

Moto X
    Aquila likes this.
    09-23-2013 09:27 PM
    I get that 2 days starts when it ships. But when does it ship, where does the "ships within" come into play. Where does it say "ships within"? It says "2 day shipping" Those are 2 totally different meanings. This is not a custom moto maker phone. Just a woven black T-Mobile version.

So basically I have a business and I have something in stock. I offer "2 day shipping" but it doesn't start till I get off my lazy *** and drop it off at the post office 10 days later. O well, that's when I shipped it, you'll get it in two days from then. 12 days later. That's my 2 days shipping. That's not how it works! Lol.

I need a frigging beer. Haha..

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    Look, you can prove all day long that Moto made huge mistakes in the launch of this phone.

You are also correct about Moto using "2 day shipping" as the sole delivery term. If they also said "Expected ship date" I think you might be less ticked.

Unfortunately, you've found the only remedy. Complaining on a forum. Well, what color did you order?

Posted via Android Central App
    09-23-2013 09:32 PM
    I have told Punit and no response. Maybe I try Matt

09-23-2013 09:42 PM
    Still has not shipped...

09-24-2013 10:47 AM
47 12